Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1203, 1204, 1205  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 49158

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD still owes us a 2nd ring. Then it would make us the winner in the AD trade. Holding him to it.


Both teams won the trade. Pels don’t have championship or bust aspirations so they got a lot of pieces. Lakers got a championship. Rare win/win.


It’s funny because if New Orleans wins a championship this year (and they won’t) people here would lose their minds because we handed it to them. Ya know…because a championship makes it all worth it (just not for us.)
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 116632

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD still owes us a 2nd ring. Then it would make us the winner in the AD trade. Holding him to it.


Both teams won the trade. Pels don’t have championship or bust aspirations so they got a lot of pieces. Lakers got a championship. Rare win/win.


It’s funny because if New Orleans wins a championship this year (and they won’t) people here would lose their minds because we handed it to them. Ya know…because a championship makes it all worth it (just not for us.)


Exactly this. Instead of seeing how both teams got what they wanted relative to expectations, people just carve out their arguments based on an agenda.

I truly believe both teams won that trade, and that's fine by me.
_________________
LBJ missed games:
20-21: 27/72 (37.5% missed)
21-22: 26/82 (31% missed)

AD missed games:
20-21: 36/72 (50% missed)
21-22: 40/82 (48% missed)

Lakers wins and win%:
20-21: 42-30 (58% win)
21-22: 33-49 (40% win)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41796

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

I don't think anyone has faith that we will ever see MVP/DPOY caliber Anthony.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 1471

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I don't think anyone has faith that we will ever see MVP/DPOY caliber Anthony.



+1. this guy can shoot all the damn 3s he wants... he feet are like ritz crackers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7580

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I don't think anyone has faith that we will ever see MVP/DPOY caliber Anthony.


Yes you don't trust his health. Which is understandable.
Hoping he's healthy though, so he can show us his talent again to wake some people up.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46734

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis donates $350,000 to eastern Kentucky flood relief

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/anthony-davis-kentucky-basketball-350000-eastern-kentucky-flood-relief--190906579/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 3739

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Since joining the Lakers in 2020, Davis has participated in a total of 138 regular season games – less than 50% of what his team has played in that time. Yet, the Kentucky alum still has another two years remaining on his current contract, so it’s hard to see the Lakers parting ways with him any time soon.

However, according to a Western Conference Executive, who spoke with Heavy.com under the condition of anonymity, there are members of the Lakers front office that would prefer to explore trading the oft-injured big man, as the team looks to build for the future.

“A lot of that depends on where LeBron winds up. If he stays in Los Angeles and he stays a Laker, he had a lot personally invested in AD being there so, yes, in that case, Davis stays. But it is not a sure thing. There are some in that organization who would not mind seeing what they can bring back for AD, but they would not do it with LeBron there. You get to 2024, though, and maybe things change.

The Lakers have AD for two more years for sure, and they can only hope he stays healthy. But after that, they have to think, is this guy really our future? He can’t stay on the floor. And he has to think, do I want to be here without LeBron? That’s why the Lakers do not want to give up those future picks,” the executive told Heavy.com’s, Sean Deveney.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/future-lakers-189-million-superstar-in-question/


I’m going to venture a guess that that anonymous Western exec is Ainge…probably still bitter about what AD Sr. did to the running narrative that Danny’s treasure trove of picks almost gets you there till it doesn’t. In Utah, you ain’t going to parlay those Gobert picks for AD either bruh.
_________________
Not familiar with the salary cap/CBA rules & how it impacts our Lakers?
#GetFamiliar by CLICKING HERE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37700
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Anthony Davis donates $350,000 to eastern Kentucky flood relief

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/anthony-davis-kentucky-basketball-350000-eastern-kentucky-flood-relief--190906579/


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21834

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
https://twitter.com/giannis_an34/status/1553490278736183302?s=21

Your move AD.


100%


Ok, AD, Ham thinks you’re Freak level, let’s GO!

Quote:
Darvin Ham to run Lakers' offense through Anthony Davis


Furthermore, the first-year head coach said one wrinkle he will implement and stick with is having the offense run through Anthony Davis, and James concurred, sources said. The team has been encouraged with Davis’ offseason progression and believe he’ll be in optimum shape to avoid serious injuries and carry a heavier load. – via Chris Haynes @ Yahoo! Sports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141631
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject:

That might be good for 40 games
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 4558

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That might be good for 40 games


I'll wager that AD would play more games this year than Kawhi.
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobe’s Mad at His Teammates; Kobe’s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 27532

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That might be good for 40 games


you're being a little too generous... looking like AD will breakdown by game 20... lol
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 2502

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Didn't Lebron and the team want the offense run through AD ever since we signed him?

A little hard to believe it's finally going to happen 2 seasons removed from AD's best season as a Laker.

Ham's got to say all the right things though, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11974

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

How the ball distribution has been the past three seasons:

2020

Lebron: 31.5%
AD: 29.3%
KCP: 14.7%

2021

Lebron: 31.9%
AD: 29.2%
Schroder: 22.9%


2022


Lebron: 32.3%
Russ: 27.3%
AD: 27.1%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21834

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
How the ball distribution has been the past three seasons:

2020

Lebron: 31.5%
AD: 29.3%
KCP: 14.7%

2021

Lebron: 31.9%
AD: 29.2%
Schroder: 22.9%


2022


Lebron: 32.3%
Russ: 27.3%
AD: 27.1%


What’s Gianni’s’? That’s AD’s target
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11974

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

Bucks last season:

Giannis: 34.9%
Middleton: 26.7%
Jrue: 23.5%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7580

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject:

AD mentioned he was playing with a wrist injury last year.
We know he was out with wrist soreness on January 28th of this year.
Hopefully the issue was there from the beginning of the year to explain the poor shooting though.

I'm looking forward to a killer year from AD.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3813
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
How the ball distribution has been the past three seasons:

2020

Lebron: 31.5%
AD: 29.3%
KCP: 14.7%

2021

Lebron: 31.9%
AD: 29.2%
Schroder: 22.9%


2022


Lebron: 32.3%
Russ: 27.3%
AD: 27.1%


What’s Gianni’s’? That’s AD’s target


I'm hoping for a great comeback season for AD but him being compared to Giannis should be long over at this point imo.. AD is also pretty clearly not a 1st option on a Championship level team.. He simply doesn't have the drive or desire for it on a remotely consistent basis even when he's healthy. He can still ball out and look like the best player on the floor against anyone in the NBA but then the following game he'll look mediocre. I wish his actual play translated better from all the talking and promises he mouths off about before and after a Season, he's elite at talking himself up for sure.


Quote:
Anthony Davis told ESPN he plans to have a chip on his shoulder this season, channeling the same approach he brought to LA in 2019-20. The Lakers have training camp T-shirts that say “CHIP” across the front, a little double entendre for their mindset and motivation.


Sounding like a corny af Hollywood script.. It's also no surprise there were endless tweets laughing about this when those comments were posted...

Quote:
Report: Anthony Davis to miss 4-6 weeks with chip on shoulder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7580

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I love AD, but I agree the talks comparing AD to Giannis should stop.
And it's not even about skill set for me. It's more about his health.

In the same vein that I wouldn't compare TMac to Kobe. TMac was great, but he wasn't healthy enough to even continue the conversation for me.

I don't know how far AD is from being a #1 on a championship team. (@Hype, maybe you can clarify it for me one more time. I know it's been talked about, but I keep forgetting. My bad.) But He sure is an elite #2. And as long as we have Lebron, I'm fine with that.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41796

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Anthony sounded really excited about Darvin Ham. Frank Vogel caught a stray.

https://youtu.be/x2Uy2bsYLD4?t=4m

    "For a guy who played the game, who understands the game, and to come in, he kind of knows, when you play in this league you kind of know, the ins and outs, a lot of guys who haven't." - Anthony Davis


Nobody respected Frank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3813
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I love AD, but I agree the talks comparing AD to Giannis should stop.
And it's not even about skill set for me. It's more about his health.

In the same vein that I wouldn't compare TMac to Kobe. TMac was great, but he wasn't healthy enough to even continue the conversation for me.

I don't know how far AD is from being a #1 on a championship team. (@Hype, maybe you can clarify it for me one more time. I know it's been talked about, but I keep forgetting. My bad.) But He sure is an elite #2. And as long as we have Lebron, I'm fine with that.


Yeah, my reply might come off as more negative towards AD then I actually meant. I just wish he would take that #1 option role more often with Bron aging since he clearly has the talent for it just not the health/consistent mindset imo. I'd be the happiest person on the planet though if he suddenly took that next step this late in his career and shut me tf up!

He's absolutely an elite #2, I agree and he could even easily be a #1 on a non contender. In the Bubble which I think really spoiled my expectations of him he was more so a 1b much of the time ala the Shaq and Kobe years. I have learned to simmer down my expectations since then though so if he can find a middle ground somewhere between last Season and the Bubble then i'd be thrilled personally as that's still very likely a top 20 player especially if the defense is clicking at all which is going to be interesting to see with the rest of the roster he has around him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7580

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
epic_ wrote:
I love AD, but I agree the talks comparing AD to Giannis should stop.
And it's not even about skill set for me. It's more about his health.

In the same vein that I wouldn't compare TMac to Kobe. TMac was great, but he wasn't healthy enough to even continue the conversation for me.

I don't know how far AD is from being a #1 on a championship team. (@Hype, maybe you can clarify it for me one more time. I know it's been talked about, but I keep forgetting. My bad.) But He sure is an elite #2. And as long as we have Lebron, I'm fine with that.


Yeah, my reply might come off as more negative towards AD then I actually meant. I just wish he would take that #1 option role more often with Bron aging since he clearly has the talent for it just not the health/consistent mindset imo. I'd be the happiest person on the planet though if he suddenly took that next step this late in his career and shut me tf up!

He's absolutely an elite #2, I agree and he could even easily be a #1 on a non contender. In the Bubble which I think really spoiled my expectations of him he was more so a 1b much of the time ala the Shaq and Kobe years. I have learned to simmer down my expectations since then though so if he can find a middle ground somewhere between last Season and the Bubble then i'd be thrilled personally as that's still very likely a top 20 player especially if the defense is clicking at all which is going to be interesting to see with the rest of the roster he has around him.


Thanks. I'm pretty much on the same boat as you.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Anthony sounded really excited about Darvin Ham. Frank Vogel caught a stray.

https://youtu.be/x2Uy2bsYLD4?t=4m

    "For a guy who played the game, who understands the game, and to come in, he kind of knows, when you play in this league you kind of know, the ins and outs, a lot of guys who haven't." - Anthony Davis


Nobody respected Frank.


They did not need to when you have a mind like Rondo or Kidd translating for them between Frank and the players. The team nose dived the day rondo was traded. Even with injuries they were playing 500 ball which was enough. When he left everything fell out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9256

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Anthony sounded really excited about Darvin Ham. Frank Vogel caught a stray.

https://youtu.be/x2Uy2bsYLD4?t=4m

    "For a guy who played the game, who understands the game, and to come in, he kind of knows, when you play in this league you kind of know, the ins and outs, a lot of guys who haven't." - Anthony Davis


Nobody respected Frank.


I do. It seems a lot of people have already forgotten about the ring Frank has won for the organization.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7580

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Anthony sounded really excited about Darvin Ham. Frank Vogel caught a stray.

https://youtu.be/x2Uy2bsYLD4?t=4m

    "For a guy who played the game, who understands the game, and to come in, he kind of knows, when you play in this league you kind of know, the ins and outs, a lot of guys who haven't." - Anthony Davis


Nobody respected Frank.


I do. It seems a lot of people have already forgotten about the ring Frank has won for the organization.


I appreciated what Frank did.
When listening to the video, I'm not sure if he was throwing shade at Frank or not. I thought it was more about giving praise to Ham by stating something factual.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1203, 1204, 1205  Next
Page 1204 of 1205
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB