Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 27466

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject:

getting mad love from the ump
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27007
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
getting mad love from the ump


You aren't kidding. That last pitch to Kim was literally nowhere near. At least the one to Machado barely missed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Do we literally have nobody that can play CF when we face lefties? Why the hell is Belli in the lineup.

Here’s to hoping this is the anti jynx and he hits a 3 run bomb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMNOMNOM CROWNOMNOM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 48916

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/_HNJ93HCxUA
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21809

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Juan Soto: 'I Wish Good Luck to the Other Pitchers'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27007
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Price somehow has his ERA down under 3 now. Creeping towards 2.75.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 16339
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Price somehow has his ERA down under 3 now. Creeping towards 2.75.


He's been quietly excellent for us this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27007
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Price somehow has his ERA down under 3 now. Creeping towards 2.75.


He's been quietly excellent for us this year.


Not until recently. His ERA wasn't awful but his WHIP was, suggesting that he was getting lucky (either stranding lots of traffic on the bases or having guys come in after him and put out his fires). It's still high, at 1.376 coming into this game, but he's been better of late with less traffic. Vesia has had a similar track, with his WHIP now under 1.3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 21559

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers should let Muncy pitch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 3461

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Both teams trolling. LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1978

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

LOL Tyler Anderson pinch hitting...against a position player pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27007
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

We're really rolling, something like 29-5 in our last 34, and that includes losing 2 of 3 to the Nationals at home. We're up to 73-33. The Yankees lost to the Cardinals tonight, so they dropped to 70-37, and Houston is only a half-game behind them at 70-38. We're 6 up on the Mets in the NL in the race for best record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1467

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Dodgers should let Muncy pitch


Never gonna happen with that damaged right elbow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 3461

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
We're really rolling, something like 29-5 in our last 34, and that includes losing 2 of 3 to the Nationals at home. We're up to 73-33. The Yankees lost to the Cardinals tonight, so they dropped to 70-37, and Houston is only a half-game behind them at 70-38. We're 6 up on the Mets in the NL in the race for best record.


Yeah. We have the best record in the league. Lowest runs allowed and close second in runs scored while having the highest run differential. This team is firing in all cylinders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1467

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're really rolling, something like 29-5 in our last 34, and that includes losing 2 of 3 to the Nationals at home. We're up to 73-33. The Yankees lost to the Cardinals tonight, so they dropped to 70-37, and Houston is only a half-game behind them at 70-38. We're 6 up on the Mets in the NL in the race for best record.


Yeah. We have the best record in the league. Lowest runs allowed and close second in runs scored while having the highest run differential. This team is firing in all cylinders.


All this w/o a a couple of aces (WB/Bauer) and a reliable closer. Mookie and JT missing chunks of time as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 29363

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're really rolling, something like 29-5 in our last 34, and that includes losing 2 of 3 to the Nationals at home. We're up to 73-33. The Yankees lost to the Cardinals tonight, so they dropped to 70-37, and Houston is only a half-game behind them at 70-38. We're 6 up on the Mets in the NL in the race for best record.


Yeah. We have the best record in the league. Lowest runs allowed and close second in runs scored while having the highest run differential. This team is firing in all cylinders.


All this w/o a a couple of aces (WB/Bauer) and a reliable closer. Mookie and JT missing chunks of time as well.


Jeez, I forgot we still have Bauer.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11485

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:58 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Dodgers should let Muncy pitch


Never gonna happen with that damaged right elbow.


It should be his non throwing (left) elbow. He got hurt trying to catch the ball (with his glove hand) so that should be his non throwing elbow.

Yup, confirmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOedr5qjUo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11485

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject:

We're 73-33 right now. If we go 41-15 the rest of the way, we end up with:

114-48

----------------

When SF swept us in that 3 game series, we were 37-23.
SF was 33-26 (3.5 games back).

Since then, we've gone (36-10) while SF has gone: (18-29).

We've picked up 18.5 games on them and stretched our lead from (3.5) to (22 games).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1467

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Dodgers should let Muncy pitch


Never gonna happen with that damaged right elbow.


It should be his non throwing (left) elbow. He got hurt trying to catch the ball (with his glove hand) so that should be his non throwing elbow.

Yup, confirmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOedr5qjUo


Okay yeah his glove side was wreaked, must have escaped my mind the exact events of that most ill timed freak and unfortunate injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 46429

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject:

Love vibes for Vin, gives a feel for the stadium celebration of his life for those of us who couldn't be there in person:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/2022/08/06/vin-scully-dodgers-tribute-vercammen-nr-vpx.cnn
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27007
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Muncy, Lux, Gallo, Bellinger, and Barnes are your 5-9 in the order today. Otherwise known as the "let's give the Padres a chance" lineup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 3461

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Muncy, Lux, Gallo, Bellinger, and Barnes are your 5-9 in the order today. Otherwise known as the "let's give the Padres a chance" lineup.


I'm hoping for a miracle from these guys. Minus Lux of course. Also clearly Roberts is trolling the Padres lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11485

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Muncy, Lux, Gallo, Bellinger, and Barnes are your 5-9 in the order today. Otherwise known as the "let's give the Padres a chance" lineup.


Everybody knew once we got Gallo, Roberts is going to play him regularly.

Looks like we're going straight lefty lineup vs. Clevinger today.

Here's our bench:

Taylor (R)
Thompson (R)
Vargas (R)
Alberto (R)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 3461

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Will Smith got all of that one. He has been on fire lately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Page 235 of 245
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB