So When Do The Lakers Decide If They Want To Rebuild Or Compete next season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
32 wrote:
I think LeBron is going to sign an extension 1+1.

I just hope that he cools it with the talk about playing with his son. Imagine the pressure on Bronny if he isn’t good enough to make it in the league, he doesn’t need to constantly hear about that.

A team will sign him, 2nd rd pick if he sucks but knowing Bron will also sign, that duo will be a story line all season, $$$

You accurately illustrated my post, what an insult to Bronny that he only gets signed to get his dad.

Yes, I think a lot of people are confused between what should/what’s good for Bronnie and what prob will happen (in the event that he’s not quite good enough to get drafted). I’ve seen the same things play out in other career fields, lawyer parents, doctor parents, business parents pushing their children toward their field. Right or wrong, I think Bron does want this and I just can’t fathom why Bronnie would not want to fulfill his dad’s wish. We’ve had plenty of bust given a chance by teams, why wouldn’t they gamble on someone with the stature of Bronnie (earned or not). Sounds like I’m in the minority but I absolutely think it will happen (Bron and bronnie playing together)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
32 wrote:
I think LeBron is going to sign an extension 1+1.

I just hope that he cools it with the talk about playing with his son. Imagine the pressure on Bronny if he isn’t good enough to make it in the league, he doesn’t need to constantly hear about that.

A team will sign him, 2nd rd pick if he sucks but knowing Bron will also sign, that duo will be a story line all season, $$$

You accurately illustrated my post, what an insult to Bronny that he only gets signed to get his dad.

Realistically, if LeBron wasn't his father, no one would care about Bronny or be talking about him at all.

He's not even a five-star recruit. He's been ranked anywhere from the 30th to 60th best high school player in the country.

At this point, there is no reason to think that he has the ability to get to the NBA on his ability. But I think at a minimum he could get an exhibit 10 contract or even a two-way contract based on his name alone. If LeBron agrees to play with a team, I think he could get Bronny a roster spot, similar to how we gave a roster spot to Gianns' brother. I'm more dubious of the idea that LeBron and Bronny would be full-time starters together on a team.

My prediction for what it's worth: at some point, LeBron and Bronny will end up playing together in the NBA. They will end up being the butt of numerous late night talk show host monologue jokes and Saturday night live skits, where they play a two on two games against Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr, while LeBron and the Donald bemoan that their kids just don't have it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Shaq Jr.
Bronny.
Pippen Jr.

Star fathers, less so much for the sons.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I’ve seen some highlights of Bryce James, at 15 he is 3 inches taller than his brother. He looks to have some skills, it will be interesting to see how he develops in high school.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Shaq Jr.
Bronny.
Pippen Jr.

Star fathers, less so much for the sons.

There have been a few combos where either the father or son was a solid player and the other was an all-star, but we've yet to see a father and son combo where both were all-stars.

Probably the closest was Domantas Sabonis and Arvydas Sabonis, who would have been an all-star if he had been able to play in the NBA in his 20s.

Junior in particular seems a curse. The only sons of NBA stars to be named after them who had pretty good careers thus far are Tim Hardaway Jr. and Larry Nance Jr.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers can't rebuild.

They don't have a first round pick till 2027.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Lakers can't rebuild.

They don't have a first round pick till 2027.

They have first round picks before 2027... Just not available to trade until draft day.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
kwase wrote:
Offering an extension to a nearly 40 year old guy who's injured 1/3rd of the season and carries the baggage of someone with 9 kids by 8 different people would be the stupidest thing Jeannie could do. He's not Kobe, we have no attachment to him.

This is one of the greatest posts I've ever read in all my years on this site.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to get a better set of criteria than a classless smear that isn’t even true (Bron has three children, all with the same woman, his high school sweetheart, now his wife, as if that should matter so much)…
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
RashardA wrote:
kwase wrote:
Offering an extension to a nearly 40 year old guy who's injured 1/3rd of the season and carries the baggage of someone with 9 kids by 8 different people would be the stupidest thing Jeannie could do. He's not Kobe, we have no attachment to him.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to get a better set of criteria than a classless smear that isn’t even true (Bron has three children, all with the same woman, his high school sweetheart, now his wife, as if that should matter so much)…

I was making a comparison. I said he carries the baggage of someone in that position, not that he was in that position himself.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
RashardA wrote:
kwase wrote:

I was making a comparison. I said he carries the baggage of someone in that position, not that he was in that position himself.

Oh, yeah. That explanation fixes everything.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
RashardA wrote:
kwase wrote:

Oh, yeah. That explanation fixes everything.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing to fix. We can go through threads on this site and find things 10 times more negative about Magic, Kobe, Kareem, B. Scott, Phil, Jeannie, Shaq, Jerry West and so on. I don't care what the media has conned people into believing, this guy is nobody special and I look forward to the day when he takes that Lakers jersey off for the last time. There's never been a more coddled athlete in pro sports.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
RashardA wrote:
kwase wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but im good.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject:

is this a joke why would we want to rebuild?? we had a run of great lottery position for several drafts in a row and it basically got us no where... was still not a playoff team even with a near prime Lebron in the fold.
Even if its looking very unlikely for Lebron+AD and co to squeeze out another title you cant trust the Rambii+Jeanie to build up a team or even just build up a starter roster that is appealing enough for a super star or two to join.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: