Javante Mccoy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

[quote="pio2u"]
    Javante McCoy stats v Pels: 14 PTS, 7 AST
If he doesn't make the NBA this season, the SB Lakers would be an ideal place for him to hone his BB skills.
I like his game. He has handles, he has a decent shot (55%) and he plays with intensity on both ends of the court.
The kid plays with confidence and he has plenty of SWAG.

They need to give him Pippen's 2-way. He's 6'5" a good athlete and still looks like he can easily add 15 lbs of muscle. He has some good playmaking instincts as well as shooting ability. He plays good defense. If the Lakers let him go I guarantee you he'll be coming off somebody's bench in the future. I saw Darvin Ham showing him some love after the game. Let Phil Handy develop this guy and see what we have.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
pio2u wrote:
    Javante McCoy stats v Pels: 14 PTS, 7 AST
If he doesn't make the NBA this season, the SB Lakers would be an ideal place for him to hone his BB skills.
I like his game. He has handles, he has a decent shot (55%) and he plays with intensity on both ends of the court.
The kid plays with confidence and he has plenty of SWAG.

https://twitter.com/AlexmRegla/status/1547301822926241792

The thing that worked against him is his age: 24.
The question for teams is the same as always: whether there's still much growth left or is he close to his ceiling.
(I like the kid and wish he succeeds)

Age matters if you're projecting some giant upside.

He's really skilled at what he does. He's a 5 year NCAA player. His skills are relatively limited, but his real shot is if he can get stronger defensively and hit corner 3s. Then he gets an NBA career.

That would make him an interesting player to come off the bench for any team.
Cedceb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I know a lot of people want to latch onto the Pippen Jr. story line and all, but I would absolutely hate to lose McCoy to another team placing him on a 2 way contract, which is very likely what is going to happen. McCoy has frankly been the more consistent player with size and the ability to create and make shots.

If management really wants to keep Pippen Jr, I hope Cole gets on the main roster and the 2 way is J McCoy’s
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Cedceb wrote:
I know a lot of people want to latch onto the Pippen Jr. story line and all, but I would absolutely hate to lose McCoy to another team placing him on a 2 way contract, which is very likely what is going to happen. McCoy has frankly been the more consistent player with size and the ability to create and make shots.

If management really wants to keep Pippen Jr, I hope Cole gets on the main roster and the 2 way is J McCoy’s

+1. I also dont believe Pippen is good enough or big enough to be an NBA player.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Cedceb wrote:

+1. I also dont believe Pippen is good enough or big enough to be an NBA player.

Huh.

LAL is in position to keep both.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Cedceb wrote:

Huh.

How so? I thought only two 2-way contracts (Currently Pippen and Swider). Dropping Christie, which I think they should do, I guess would allow either Huff or McCoy into the mix for a contract…. is that what you mean or am I missing something?

If they keep 3, IMO Swider would get a real roster spot ala Reaves last year - Huff and McCoy would be the 2-way contracts.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Cedceb wrote:

Huh.

How so? I thought only two 2-way contracts (Currently Pippen and Swider). Dropping Christie, which I think they should do, I guess would allow either Huff or McCoy into the mix for a contract…. is that what you mean or am I missing something?

If they keep 3, IMO Swider would get a real roster spot ala Reaves last year - Huff and McCoy would be the 2-way contracts.

Lakers are not going to drop Max, they paid for him and have already signed him to a 2 year deal; let’s get that out of the way.

Lakers do have an open slot which they could use on McCoy or Huff. But they could also pull Swider in and have McCoy on 2 way…

Unfortunately for Huff, I think he won’t make it. Lakers have 2 C’s + AD. And we have another season full of shorties and no one to man the PF spot effectively when AD goes down.
undefeatedAJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I see him as a Lou Will type. Spark plug on offense but no d. He has more value than pippen
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers signed him to a Exhibit-10 contract.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Better than Scottie Pippen Jr.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Pip Jr is on a 1yr 2-way deal. Swishder is on a 2yr 2-way deal.

By that signing alone, I feel Pip Jr is probably on the bubble to get either dropped or converted to a standard contract in opening up another 2-way spot for the guys we include exhibit-10 clauses for (ie these including in trading camp invite deals makes these certain players eligible for a 2-way contract).

Also something to note is that Pip Jr is a Klutch klient, which is why I believe if he hits will be converted to a standard NBA contract to open up a 2-way slot for McCoy via exhibit-10.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Wait, Scottie Pippen Jr. Is Klutch? Awww man. Looks like he may be staying for a while. Also,may be why Lebron shouted him out. I'm not saying it is a fact that's the reason Bron shouted him out, I'm just assuming. If Bron shouted out Cole, then I stand corrected.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject:

@Outspoken:

Bron shouting out Pip Jr.
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1550100290015215616

Klutch’s IG spotlighting Pip Jr at Klutch Pro day
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeEqrfWPqGf
roblo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Good signing. He has way more upside than Pippen.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:16 am    Post subject:

His handles and mid range jumper suggest to me he is a BALLER.

He looked great being our main ball handler while he was on the floor, kept a great balance between passing and scoring. His FG% was 50+ all while draining a bunch of mid range jumpers a shot the NBA will invite you to take.

Wish we could see some practice scrimmages
roblo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
His handles and mid range jumper suggest to me he is a BALLER.

He looked great being our main ball handler while he was on the floor, kept a great balance between passing and scoring. His FG% was 50+ all while draining a bunch of mid range jumpers a shot the NBA will invite you to take.

Wish we could see some practice scrimmages

Exactly. Has handles like a point guard and looked good running the offense. Definitely has the tools to be a legit prospect.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Better than Scottie Pippen Jr.

No.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

His age is definitely a factor when you look at his upside.
JMac will probably end up with the South Bay Lakers. This will allow him time to develop and give our staff more time to evaluate his potential.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: