Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
They've practically tried to trade him to SAN, IND and BRK with no takers, unless there's 2 picks.

The moronic front office giving out FRP's in the past set a precedent, now were bled of assets - its become now a mandatory piece to any negotiation with the Lakers.

Has nothing to do with precedent. If he were any good teams would want him. But they don’t. So they need an incentive. .

Teams want one FRP for Russ which is still bull (bleep) because teams have taken other expirings for less. But whatever, let’s say FRP is the market for taking on Russ to waive him (Laker tax). The issue is teams using past desperation and irresponsible (bleep) by the Lakers FO/Klutch to get as much as they can.

In any business, once you have a reputation…it’s difficult to change peoples’ perception of you.

Not all expirings are created equal. I’m sure Houston would have liked something for Wall. They couldn’t offload it either because when you have an average to bad player making nearly $50M nobody wants it without incentive. Our reputation aside, the reason we can’t move him is he stinks and makes a ton of money. If one of those things were different we could move him for less.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
They've practically tried to trade him to SAN, IND and BRK with no takers, unless there's 2 picks.

The moronic front office giving out FRP's in the past set a precedent, now were bled of assets - its become now a mandatory piece to any negotiation with the Lakers.

Has nothing to do with precedent. If he were any good teams would want him. But they don’t. So they need an incentive. .

Teams want one FRP for Russ which is still bull (bleep) because teams have taken other expirings for less. But whatever, let’s say FRP is the market for taking on Russ to waive him (Laker tax). The issue is teams using past desperation and irresponsible (bleep) by the Lakers FO/Klutch to get as much as they can.

In any business, once you have a reputation…it’s difficult to change peoples’ perception of you.

Not all expirings are created equal. I’m sure Houston would have liked something for Wall. They couldn’t offload it either because when you have an average to bad player making nearly $50M nobody wants it without incentive. Our reputation aside, the reason we can’t move him is he stinks and makes a ton of money. If one of those things were different we could move him for less.

Let’s say Houston wanted FRP for Wall. That’s fine and no one bit.

The idea that teams want 2 FRPs for Russ is ludicrous. I just think the Lakers have this reputation of giving you what you want. Kyrie, given all his issues, no other team would dare touch him but the Lakers have to give up a FRP? Something is not adding up unless you factor in the reputation of this FO/Klutch regime.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The idea that teams want 2 FRPs for Russ is ludicrous. I just think the Lakers have this reputation of giving you what you want. Kyrie, given all his issues, no other team would dare touch him but the Lakers have to give up a FRP? Something is not adding up unless you factor in the reputation of this FO/Klutch regime.

There are other factors like salary matching and the fact that the Lakers don’t want to attach an asset just to dump him. They want to improve the roster at the same time. The Kyrie situation is complicated for Brooklyn. The point stand though. Why would any team want Westbrook at all let alone at $47M. You and I are just two people on a forum talking about it. Those teams actually have to pay him that money. If you want to trade a guy who stinks and makes $47M you have to give the other team a reason to do it. If Westbrook were good and/or making a reasonable salary he’d be a lot easier to move. But they don’t want him for the same reason you don’t want him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Keep working on your handles, Russ!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Any chance we could trade this bum to Utah for Mitchell lol? Dude comes up big time in the playoffs year after year.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Any chance we could trade this bum to Utah for Mitchell lol? Dude comes up big time in the playoffs year after year.

Ainge wants 3 FRP
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Here's the deal: We want to get rid of Westbrook just to get rid of him, and we want to get some worthwhile asset in return. If you go by reports, the combination of those things might cost 2 FRP, so it's not just 2 FRP for getting rid of Westbrook.

The reason we'd have to give up a pick for a Kyrie/Westbrook swap is because Kyrie is better and the Nets may not really care about trading him, as we want to trade Westbrook. If it's just Westbrook for Irving, they pass, so we have to offer more.

So I am not sure if teams are holding out because of the Lakers reputation. We just aren't offering enough to interest them.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject:

Is he gone yet?
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

We’re rolling with Brick until we send him home in December with a below .500 record
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing we'll have Russ right up to the trade deadline. Why? Because each week he's on the Lakers payroll is a week another team is not paying his salary.

I think a team will bite at the deadline. Only gotta pay him for a few months and offload longer contracts on the Lakers. Hopefully at that point, it's a straight swap... Maybe WE get a second rounder out of it too? Maybe even a first?

Teams are baiting rob because they figure he won't want to start the season with Russ on the team. Once opening night happens, the price to offload him should come down.

Of course, ideally we can trade him before the season starts.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Just saw a post (sorry idk how to share it on here):

“Westbrook has missed the most layups (2898) since the NBA started tracking in the 1996 season”

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

“Westbrook has missed the most layups (2898) since the NBA started tracking in the 1996 season”

It actually seemed like he missed that many this past season alone.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Just think how high that number would be if he didn’t lose the ball so much on the way to the basket.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:07 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Just think how high that number would be if he didn’t lose the ball so much on the way to the basket.

Where were all the posts with these “wonderful” stats or videos of his history of blunders this time last year?

To my memory most of the chatter overwhelming any negative posts never seemed to mention these fun facts while defending the Westbrook addition or the Big 3 meeting to work it out beforehand.

Amazing what difference a year makes. Still want WB gone but I am actually feeling bad for him and how far his reputation has fallen.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
ocho wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Where were all the posts with these “wonderful” stats or videos of his history of blunders this time last year?

To my memory most of the chatter overwhelming any negative posts never seemed to mention these fun facts while defending the Westbrook addition or the Big 3 meeting to work it out beforehand.

Amazing what difference a year makes. Still want WB gone but I am actually feeling bad for him and how far his reputation has fallen.

It’s the off-season where everyone is hopeful and everyone has been dieting on highlight clips which make players look better than they are. It was clear to many of us that the Westbrook trade was a bad idea and it ended up being worse than that. You’ll be able to look back next summer at many of the same kinds of things. People aren’t familiar with JTA on offense or Lonnie Walker’s inconsistency, etc. Right now they’re just shiny new things.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

like this? lol

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

It’s the off-season where everyone is hopeful and everyone has been dieting on highlight clips which make players look better than they are. It was clear to many of us that the Westbrook trade was a bad idea and it ended up being worse than that. You’ll be able to look back next summer at many of the same kinds of things. People aren’t familiar with JTA on offense or Lonnie Walker’s inconsistency, etc. Right now they’re just shiny new things.

Almost exactly 1 year ago on page 1:

DancingBarry wrote:
This was the trade I was hoping wouldn't happen, but let's see how the roster shapes up.

That’s about as polite as I could put how I felt. What an awful year for the franchise and getting unstuck is a hell of a challenge.

Landing Kyrie might salvage the loss of assets and the weirdness of our current roster. It’s not ideal. But we are threading a needle trying not to checkmate ourselves here.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
ocho wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Ill be honest....I think I still have vivid memories of the old Westbrook from a decade ago who eviscerated Ramon Sessions and punked the Lakers as bad as Durant did and wasnt expecting anything as pathetic as what he showed last year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I'm guessing we'll have Russ right up to the trade deadline. Why? Because each week he's on the Lakers payroll is a week another team is not paying his salary.

I think a team will bite at the deadline. Only gotta pay him for a few months and offload longer contracts on the Lakers. Hopefully at that point, it's a straight swap... Maybe WE get a second rounder out of it too? Maybe even a first?

Teams are baiting rob because they figure he won't want to start the season with Russ on the team. Once opening night happens, the price to offload him should come down.

Of course, ideally we can trade him before the season starts.

I’m pretty much at Kyrie or bust right now and also don’t wanna see Lakers getting fleeced for other ‘packages’. Y’all think we have enough to weather the toxic drama if WB starts the season with us?
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject:

Depending on what the trade looks like I'm not opposed to 2 picks....Kyrie can change the dynamic significantly on this team...and a combo of Kyrie and AD as a core for the next few years should keep us competitive with a chance to build winners, that would takes out to what? 2025? The main thing rob should do is try to get protections for this pick, ideally top 10 but I doubt BKN would do that, so top 5 protected.

Pacers deal I'd also do two picks if no Kyrie because we're getting two starters in return, plus they are taking Russ. I think the talent gap is pretty significant and even with what else the trade might involve I think these picks should be top 10 protected.

So for me less about the picks and more about what protections we can put around them. If no protection, I'm probably biting the bullet and going with Russ and try again at the trade deadline.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject:

Boardroom wrote:
Jul 28, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite

Ron Artest .
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Honest question that just popped into my head: could WB's main problem be that he simply needs his eyes checked and properly prescribed?

I mean, he's not THAT old and hasn't slowed down too much. A lot of the agility is there even though he's always been an inconsistent decision maker.

But missing layups, bricking jumpers, passing the ball to random people in the front row of the stands... maybe he just can't see as clearly as he used to and is too stubborn to wear goggles.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF ONE OF THE TOP 3 WORST LAKERS TRADE ALL TIME!

I'm not crying, you are!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Honest question that just popped into my head: could WB's main problem be that he simply needs his eyes checked and properly prescribed?

I mean, he's not THAT old and hasn't slowed down too much. A lot of the agility is there even though he's always been an inconsistent decision maker.

But missing layups, bricking jumpers, passing the ball to random people in the front row of the stands... maybe he just can't see as clearly as he used to and is too stubborn to wear goggles.

I don't think it's his vision, but his grip/strength and speed.

I honestly used to think the guy was juicing back in the day--- and may be still. I think he is just wound so tight he is like a bull in a china shop and he goes 100MPH in situations when only 45MPH is needed.

Shaq had a point last season when he told Russ IN GAME to slow down. The guy plays like he's shot out of a cannon all the time (except for on defense) so he's all over the map. His body isn't the same as it was 10 years ago, and he's never adjusted and evolved his game.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Keep working on your handles, Russ!

Cold Steel!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 344 of 426
Jump to: