Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

Just for fun, say we gave up Russ/THT/Nunn both FRPs and some second rounders and got Kyrie, Hield and Turner AND signed schroder for the min.

Here's our roster then.

Turner/Bryant/Jones
Davis/Johnson
Lebron/JTA/Troy Brown
Reaves/Hield/Walker
Kyrie/Schroder

Depth: Christie, Gabriel

Do we compete? Can we take out the top teams in the West?
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

Assuming we're healthy? Absolutely.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:

TBH, i think we have a puncher's chance but I might put them below the Clippers, maybe Phx, probably the warriors. I think if Kyrie has his peak game, LeBron plays like LeBronto and AD is a top 3 MVP player and all of our shooters can actually shoot -- then yes, I'd put 51% odds on the lakers lol.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

nomoreshaq wrote:
Just for fun, say we gave up Russ/THT/Nunn both FRPs and some second rounders and got Kyrie, Hield and Turner AND signed schroder for the min.

Here's our roster then.

Turner/Bryant/Jones
Davis/Johnson
Lebron/JTA/Troy Brown
Reaves/Hield/Walker
Kyrie/Schroder

If we’re healthy That team would be WCF at the very least. Besides Lebron, AD, and at times Monk…we played majority of last season with guys that didnt belong anywhere near an NBA court.

Seriously…we trotted out Bradley, Melo, Dwight, Deandre, Rondo, Ellington and Ariza ffs. Those guys have been done for YEARS now. And they got lots of playing time for us. I’d put Russ in that category too.

With younger and fresher legs (on top of being decent to good starters) around AD Lebron…we would look several tiers better than last year
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:

That cannot be assumed
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Like during our championship, we could have an excellent regular season record and advance far if we avoid certain matchups. I think we will struggle mightily against any team with a superstar wing though. That's why I've been saying that we shouldn't give up both FRPs unless we're able to address that need, even if it's later on.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

This is a pipe dream for Lakers fans... to get Kyrie, Turner and Hield. And even if this pipe dream comes true, we're still not sure we can win. That is sad. LOL!

If Lakers got that roster and failed, it would be deserving of those memes. For example, "How good was Curry, dad?" Then a picture of Lebron, AD, Kyrie, Turner and Hield next to the question. LOL!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Would Dennis really sign for the minimum? To go from turning down 4 years, 84 million, to taking the taxpayer's MLE, to taking the minimum-- all in a span of two seasons.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Would Dennis really sign for the minimum? To go from turning down 4 years, 84 million, to taking the taxpayer's MLE, to taking the minimum-- all in a span of two seasons.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

It's a very longshot to think they could get all of that as both the Pacers and Nets want two picks. If they did though that team could absolutely win a title, assuming they can stay healthy.

The health is the key. But that team has plenty of talent and would have three top tier talents and two elite shot blockers.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

We're a play-in team. I think people need to come to terms with it.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

nomoreshaq wrote:

Here's our roster then.

Turner/Bryant/Jones
Davis/Johnson
Lebron/JTA/Troy Brown
Reaves/Hield/Walker
Kyrie/Schroder

Not bad, actually pretty good, best case scenario tho is Kyrie, Harris, and Turner then signing Shroeder. Harris is a considerably better 3pt shooter than Heild plus players better D with better size. I’ll take yours, (Reeves imo not remotely likely to start over Heild) it’s will do…but prefer mine 🥳.

I think we compete for a championship either way!

The 9 rotation to win:
Turner (AD) Bryant
AD (LeBron) Johnson
LeBron (Harris) (Johnson)
Harris Walker
Kyrie Shroeder

Plus 3 depth = 12 suited up:
Jones
JTA
Reeves

3 street clothes or d-league for 15 roster max:
Gabriel
TBrown
Max
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I think the Warriors are the gold standard. Not only will they be defending champions, they will add more to the rotation than they lost. Wiseman over Nbjelica (spelling), Kiminga over Porter, Moody over Gary Payton III. I realize the replacement guys were there last year but not significantly in the rotation.

So compared to them:
Turner vs Weismann - going with Lakers with experience
Bryant vs Looney - ok with it for the Lakers, maybe go either way
LBJ vs Draymond - Lakers (I know I know AD PF)
AD vs Wiggins - Lakers (see above, LBJ SF, changed for defensive matchups)
Johnson vs Kiminga - ok with matchup tho GS will have advantage
Harris vs Clay - Lakers could have advantage but until seen on court GS
Walker vs Moody - wash?
Kyrie vs Steph - oooh, MVP and titles gotta say GS but Lakers ok
Shroeder vs Poole - most may say GS but Lakers 6 moty, so wash? Ok still

So 5 starters - Lakers 3 to 2 advantage
Turner + 1 Lakers over Wiesman
LBJ and AD +2 Lakers over Green and Wiggins
Steph and Clay + 2 Warriors over Kyrie and Harris, gap closer than gap above

And 4 rotation - 2 to 2
Looney +1 Warriors over Bryant tho could be close
Kiminga +1 Warriors over Johnson, both 6’6” F with defense and 3pt but
Walker +1 Lakers over Moody, athleticism hopefully=better d also 3pt history
Shroeder +1 Lakers over Poole who not 6 moty yet
Devincino tie with JTA

Ok, fight me over my biased Lakers over rating lol! I think we’ll stack up well against any team if we give up Westbrook, and 2 FRPs plus THT, Reeves and Nunn. I know both the Nets and Indiana want 2 FRPs so include Nunn and Reeves which are like FRPs since they already demonstrated NBA success with low salary. May have to convince Nets to take Heild and McConnell to match outgoing.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

nomoreshaq wrote:

Sure, we could compete. I just don't think getting Hield, Turner and Irving is possible.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

activeverb wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

Sure, we could compete. I just don't think getting Hield, Turner and Irving is possible.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24dkao3k

i mean, it's possible. likely? probably not.

Lakers get: Kyrie, Hield, Turner
Pacers get: Russ, THT, 1FRP
Nets get: Nunn, 1FRP

Why do the Lakers do it? I guess a shot to win it all? It is going to cost A LOT of money though.

Why do Nets do it? Well, I guess they are losing Kyrie one way or another. This way they save 31M dollars and get a free FRP. Literally better than nothing since there are ZERO offers for him.

Why do the Pacers do it? Well, I guess 1 expiring season of Russ plus a FRP plus THT (to play with Haliburton) is worth their likely negative assets of Hield and Turner. They probably buy out Russ.

Minimum salary for each team is 111M. Losing Hield & Turner (39M) for Russ & THT (57M) puts them at +18M which puts them at.... get this:

112M

The League requires each team to pay up to 111M regardless if your team salary is there or not. If it is below that (Indiana sits at 94M and SAS sit at 90M), then they have to pay that money "for free" anyway.

So, the Pacers essentially lose no money, get rid of Hield's 20M next year (thus having MASSIVE CAP SPACE), get Haliburton's buddy on the team and they score a free FRP.

Again, it is definitely possible. Probably not likely though.

FWIW, the Pacers will have something like 70M+ next offseason. They can sign a 6 years or less MAX slot and a 7-9 year MAX slot. Plus they are obviously tanking this year. I don't know it could be worth the risk.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject:

With all due respect, the delusion is real.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

nomoreshaq wrote:
activeverb wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24dkao3k

i mean, it's possible. likely? probably not.

Lakers get: Kyrie, Hield, Turner
Pacers get: Russ, THT, 1FRP
Nets get: Nunn, 1FRP

Why do the Lakers do it? I guess a shot to win it all? It is going to cost A LOT of money though.

Why do Nets do it? Well, I guess they are losing Kyrie one way or another. This way they save 31M dollars and get a free FRP. Literally better than nothing since there are ZERO offers for him.

Why do the Pacers do it? Well, I guess 1 expiring season of Russ plus a FRP plus THT (to play with Haliburton) is worth their likely negative assets of Hield and Turner. They probably buy out Russ.

Minimum salary for each team is 111M. Losing Hield & Turner (39M) for Russ & THT (57M) puts them at +18M which puts them at.... get this:

112M

The League requires each team to pay up to 111M regardless if your team salary is there or not. If it is below that (Indiana sits at 94M and SAS sit at 90M), then they have to pay that money "for free" anyway.

So, the Pacers essentially lose no money, get rid of Hield's 20M next year (thus having MASSIVE CAP SPACE), get Haliburton's buddy on the team and they score a free FRP.

Again, it is definitely possible. Probably not likely though.

FWIW, the Pacers will have something like 70M+ next offseason. They can sign a 6 years or less MAX slot and a 7-9 year MAX slot. Plus they are obviously tanking this year. I don't know it could be worth the risk.

Your gonna have to add in Reaves somewhere sadly to get this deal done
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Best case scenario (we get Kyrie, Hield and Turner + sign schroder) -- can we really take the west?

nomoreshaq wrote:

Here's our roster then.

Turner/Bryant/Jones
Davis/Johnson
Lebron/JTA/Troy Brown
Reaves/Hield/Walker
Kyrie/Schroder

If the Lakers pulled that off, they would definitely compete if healthy. It'd be between them and the Warriors as to who comes out of the West as healthy, both teams would handily beat anyone else in the West.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Signing Schroder after he played for the Celtics is like going to bed with a dirty ho on your weiding night.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't trust that Kyrie would even be reliable enough to have him show up to games consistently without him up and disappearing without letting the coaching staff or anyone know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: