Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Watched the first episode of The Old Man last night. Good stuff. But what's not to love about Jeff Bridges playing a former CIA operative gone off the grid and John Lithgow being charged with bringing him back in to face his past deeds . . .

I just saw the first 15 or so minutes. Bridges is so dang interesting to watch doing the mundane things he did (well, most were mundane). The interaction with the doctor, watching his face reveal what he's thinking and his irritability but quick alert live wire-ness too. And of course, the "old" aspect was brought out prominently. I was too sleepy to give it proper attention, but on the agenda for sure. Queue gets bigger.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Watched the first episode of The Old Man last night. Good stuff. But what's not to love about Jeff Bridges playing a former CIA operative gone off the grid and John Lithgow being charged with bringing him back in to face his past deeds . . .

I just saw the first 15 or so minutes. Bridges is so dang interesting to watch doing the mundane things he did (well, most were mundane). The interaction with the doctor, watching his face reveal what he's thinking and his irritability but quick alert live wire-ness too. And of course, the "old" aspect was brought out prominently. I was too sleepy to give it proper attention, but on the agenda for sure. Queue gets bigger.

Yeah, there were a few seemingly mundane scenes that are full of subtext thanks to his subtleties in performance. I really liked how he story stays focused on him going about his life in those first several scenes without cutting to the other actors. Can’t wait to watch another episode or two tonight.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject:

Resident Evil! Let see if it’s as good as the movies
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

It got pretty low reviews on RT but it's "Resident Evil" so I plan to watch it anyway.

So far, the best Resident Evil TV shows and movies that have stayed true to the franchise have been the animated ones.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

It took me a couple episodes to engage with it, but I'm loving Severance.

The cinematography is on Breaking Bad level. It just looks sooo good. The story has huge potential, and I'm glad it's been renewed.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:49 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

It got pretty low reviews on RT but it's "Resident Evil" so I plan to watch it anyway.

So far, the best Resident Evil TV shows and movies that have stayed true to the franchise have been the animated ones.

First couple episodes feel more like Walking Dead
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

The cinematography is on Breaking Bad level. It just looks sooo good. The story has huge potential, and I'm glad it's been renewed.

"You smug motherf*****"

I love John Turturro in this.

Show is so good.

Severance first season and this final season of Better Call Saul are my favorite shows on TV. Just superb writing, directing (obviously Vince Gilligan and co, but Ben Stiller, what?!), casting, and acting.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the GoT Targaryen spin-off trailer. The show definitely looks great...But, it is a little sad to not see our favorite characters that we watched grow up for almost a decade.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:58 am    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
Wilt wrote:

"You smug motherf*****"

I love John Turturro in this.

Show is so good.

Severance first season and this final season of Better Call Saul are my favorite shows on TV. Just superb writing, directing (obviously Vince Gilligan and co, but Ben Stiller, what?!), casting, and acting.

I just finished the first season of Severance. The season finale is one of the best hours I've seen of any show in a long time.

John Turturro's performance all season has been great, but he really took it to another level in the last episode.

Yeah, I still can't believe Ben Stiller is capable of this.

As I said in my earlier post, the cinematography on this show is probably its most outstanding feature. It takes you to another world.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Just watched the GoT Targaryen spin-off trailer. The show definitely looks great...But, it is a little sad to not see our favorite characters that we watched grow up for almost a decade.

There's also LOR trailer on amazon prime, can't wait for both
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:40 am    Post subject:

We Own This City was awesome. Makes me want to go back and finish The Wire (left it after one season)

Also started Tokyo Vice.. it is very very good 3 episodes in.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

Liking halo, kinda expanse ish with the futuristic sci fi, enough for a ‘big budget’ feel. Still on first couple episodes, more about the background stories than the fighting scenes. I recommend
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING

They throw hints as to who the killer is but debunk them.

Lucy said the killer coughed. Teddy's new lover sneezed indicating he may be the killer but he was with Teddy when the killer was chasing them through the passageways.

The rash on the detective's neck implicates him.

I got him. Who you got?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:03 am    Post subject:

HBO the industry season 2!!! Adult euphoria-esque
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Liking halo, kinda expanse ish with the futuristic sci fi, enough for a ‘big budget’ feel. Still on first couple episodes, more about the background stories than the fighting scenes. I recommend
Watched E1 Halo. Looks promising. I'll do some binging sometime today.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

It took a few episodes to develop, but I'm fully in on The Terminal List on Prime Video. About halfway through currently.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Halo is a good sci-fi series. It looks like there will be a season 2. Season 1 set characters rolls. A solid base has been established. It took a few episodes for me to gather who the good guy and who the bad guys were. Halsey wants to clone a race.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halo is a good sci-fi series. It looks like there will be a season 2. Season 1 set characters rolls. A solid base has been established. It took a few episodes for me to gather who the good guy and who the bad guys were. Halsey wants to clone a race.

Yea, I think it was well done and a good set up for the next season. I’m looking forward to it

The sandman, not sure what to make of this yet, magical realm, kinda jump around a little bit but bingable
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yea, I think it was well done and a good set up for the next season. I’m looking forward to it

The sandman, not sure what to make of this yet, magical realm, kinda jump around a little bit but bingable

I enjoyed the first episode, but holding judgment. I am a fan of the original comics which scared the hell out of me sometimes as a kid. I know the story and where it generally leads, so that helps make sense of the first episode story. Visuals quite impressive. Not thrilled with him talking so much as narrator, but could be premature judgment for this version and possibly necessary. Looking forward to the rest of it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Binged Picard S1 and S2 over the weekend. It's the first of anything Star Trek related I've enjoyed since Enterprise ended in 2005. I'm not renewing my trial membership for Paramount + but maybe I'll come back to it next Amazon Prime Day and check out S3.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Binged Picard S1 and S2 over the weekend. It's the first of anything Star Trek related I've enjoyed since Enterprise ended in 2005. I'm not renewing my trial membership for Paramount + but maybe I'll come back to it next Amazon Prime Day and check out S3.

I have Star Trek Picard in my IPTV Eminence. I'll look into it sometime today.

Liking it so far. I'm up to S1 E6.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I enjoyed the first episode, but holding judgment. I am a fan of the original comics which scared the hell out of me sometimes as a kid. I know the story and where it generally leads, so that helps make sense of the first episode story. Visuals quite impressive. Not thrilled with him talking so much as narrator, but could be premature judgment for this version and possibly necessary. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Just finished the first season, all about Dream world, I like it, there's so many more story paths to go, vs Desire, vs Death, I recommend
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
focus wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just finished the first season, all about Dream world, I like it, there's so many more story paths to go, vs Desire, vs Death, I recommend

I watched the second episode, really liked the scene with the women, and guess I forgot a lot but the broad strokes of what happens from the books. Corinithian guy was definitely good choice as an actor and style. Saw another great actor that I did not know about being part of this. I must admit the Sandman actor or writing for him, occasionally, makes me think of a broody teen movie or CW character. And, although I usually do not care one way or the other about such things, I really hate the end credits for some reason. Greeny.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

Watched house of the dragon yesterday...If I'm being honest, it's hard to relate to or care about these new characters. We were so attached to the original GoT cast, and there's no real connection to the new ones. I'll still continue to watch though.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Watched house of the dragon yesterday...If I'm being honest, it's hard to relate to or care about these new characters. We were so attached to the original GoT cast, and there's no real connection to the new ones. I'll still continue to watch though.

I felt the same way. The first episode of GoT introduced the audience to characters like Tyrion, Arya, Ned, & Jon. They were all characters I liked from the start.

In HoD I'm not sure who to root for other than Rhaenyra.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 84 of 110
Jump to: