Mike Tyson Reveals Heartbreaking Health Admission

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:11 am    Post subject: Mike Tyson Reveals Heartbreaking Health Admission

Quote:
Former boxing star Mike Tyson is widely known as one of the best boxers of all time, with a kind of invincibility in the boxing ring that led to much success in his career. However, the former boxer gave an extremely heartbreaking admission on his podcast Thursday that suggests that he feels like his health may be failing him.

Quote:
“We’re all gonna die one day of course,” Tyson said. “Then, when I look in the mirror, I see those little spots on my face, I say, ‘Wow. That means my expiration date is coming close, really soon.’”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/boxing/mike-tyson-reveals-heartbreaking-health-admission/ar-AAZPA5U?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=a93fc9f9b1a44e8eb6ebf155f5106091
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike's right, we all gotta go. I know where he's coming from. Mike's just starting to realize his mortality. I guess it's a natural happening.

I'm well past the life expectancy for American men. The only thing I feel is I've slowed down. I live with a you'll know when it's time frame of mind. I ain't nowhere near seeing what the other side is all about. When it's time I'll know.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

You take all the time you need sir.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Forgive my ignorance. It's obvious he's getting older and did some drugs early in his life. I'm just wondering what underlying health condition he could be alluding to, that causes "spots on someone's face?"
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance. It's obvious he's getting older and did some drugs early in his life. I'm just wondering what underlying health condition he could be alluding to, that causes "spots on someone's face?"

Age spots. Mike is 56.

Reality has set in. AARP junk mail showing couples on bikes his age, looking 10 years older.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I think Mike is experiencing mortality reality.

I did a lot of the fashional drugs. The deadly drugs I didn't do ie. heroin, meth, and injections like that, drugs known to be physically addictive and habit forming. If Mike is taking drugs I think he's mentally strong enough to kick the habits.

The hardest drug I had to rid myself of was cigarettes. I recommend Nicoderm because it worked for me.

First program the primary computer, the brain. You have to want to quit. Nicoderm is an 8 to 10-week program that's expensive. It has literature and paraphernalia you probably won't read or use. Skip it just get the 14 patches.

I bought 14 patches and only used 13. I smoked 1 cigarette while quitting. I really wanted to quit.

I have COPD my only physical malady. Heart pumping like an oil well in Zaire, blood pressure always in the norm. All organs function under normal parameters.

If you don't smoke, don't start. If you do smoke,

QUIT!!!.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Dudes.........we're all old enough to remember young Mike here. In about 1988, if anyone here didn't expect him to die WAAAAY before 2022, you were livin under a rock. He crashed his BMW into a tree that year and then all the Robin Givens stuff was goin on. Mike has lived a fruitful number of years if not a totally fruitful life in all respects. To even come where he came from as a kid, he has beaten the odds. So there's always that solace considering that we all got to see him reach his 50s.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The hardest drug I had to rid myself of was cigarettes. I recommend Nicoderm because it worked for me.

My dad smoked Marlboro reds for around 60 years. He said he started at 10-12 (used to steal them and could remember stealing a whole carton w/ his friends in the 1950s) and died at age 74. Oddly enough, another disease process beat the cigs to it. He was like a chimney, tho. Total chain smoker. I take solace in the fact that he lived as long as he did and that he died only after a day or two of suffering in the hospital. He didn't have to experience a protracted death from lung disease.

Eddie Van Halen (famous guitarist, Jode) was a chain smoker and he died from cancer a couple years ago at age 65. He also started smoking and his dad started him on drinking by plying the lad shots of vodka to get him to sleep. I have seen only one or two interviews where Eddie wasn't smoking and/or drinking a Heineken. He used to blow smoke rings on stage and would pinch his cigs in the gap between the strings and the neck of his guitar. He had oral cancer in 2009 and survived that after they removed about a third of his tongue, but he was adamant that it was caused by putting a metal pick on his tongue a thousand times over decades. I think it might've been a synergistic thing where the nicotine/smoke might've reacted to the electrons from the pick, or at least the pick gave the cancer it's pathway because it happened where he would put his pick.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

My dad smoked Marlboro reds for around 60 years. He said he started at 10-12 (used to steal them and could remember stealing a whole carton w/ his friends in the 1950s) and died at age 74. Oddly enough, another disease process beat the cigs to it. He was like a chimney, tho. Total chain smoker. I take solace in the fact that he lived as long as he did and that he died only after a day or two of suffering in the hospital. He didn't have to experience a protracted death from lung disease.

Eddie Van Halen (famous guitarist, Jode) was a chain smoker and he died from cancer a couple years ago at age 65. He also started smoking and his dad started him on drinking by plying the lad shots of vodka to get him to sleep. I have seen only one or two interviews where Eddie wasn't smoking and/or drinking a Heineken. He used to blow smoke rings on stage and would pinch his cigs in the gap between the strings and the neck of his guitar. He had oral cancer in 2009 and survived that after they removed about a third of his tongue, but he was adamant that it was caused by putting a metal pick on his tongue a thousand times over decades. I think it might've been a synergistic thing where the nicotine/smoke might've reacted to the electrons from the pick, or at least the pick gave the cancer it's pathway because it happened where he would put his pick.

Started smoking at age 13, and quit at age 55. I still drink Heineken, very little hard liquor.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Started smoking at age 13, and quit at age 55. I still drink Heineken, very little hard liquor.

See, you had no idea how much in common with a music icon. Good on ya, tho, Jode. It's never too late to quit cigs. I know Barack has had a hard time fully quitting smoking and nicotine because he's talked about being on the gum a lot longer than recommended. My pops actually did have a 2 month recovery from a surgery and he finally got out of the hosptial and then the recovery center. He was only able to hold off smoking for a week or less after he got home and then went back to it and died 3 months later. That was in 2018 and I'm still convinced that was one of the things that hastened his demise. He did begin to fall which is a clear signal in elderly folk that they're ratcheting down quickly. Chick, for example. Similarly, he became more weakened after the heart surgery and remained adamant (obstinate) about doing things himself and fell at a gas station before he had even returned to the Lakers. I knew that was bad news already. Every fall seems to take a little more out of em than the last one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

See, you had no idea how much in common with a music icon. Good on ya, tho, Jode. It's never too late to quit cigs. I know Barack has had a hard time fully quitting smoking and nicotine because he's talked about being on the gum a lot longer than recommended. My pops actually did have a 2 month recovery from a surgery and he finally got out of the hosptial and then the recovery center. He was only able to hold off smoking for a week or less after he got home and then went back to it and died 3 months later. That was in 2018 and I'm still convinced that was one of the things that hastened his demise. He did begin to fall which is a clear signal in elderly folk that they're ratcheting down quickly. Chick, for example. Similarly, he became more weakened after the heart surgery and remained adamant (obstinate) about doing things himself and fell at a gas station before he had even returned to the Lakers. I knew that was bad news already. Every fall seems to take a little more out of em than the last one.

I've never fallen. I do, however, find myself doing the old folks' shuffle around the house now and again. When I catch myself I straighten up and lengthen my stride. When I do my exercise walk I stride with confidence. I think the old folks' shuffle is a lazy careful way to walk. I don't try to run. I really don't think I can.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: