Scottie Pippen Jr signs signs 2-way with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 1905

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike how about Jordan Farmar comp?


Only similar in size and that's it.


Mike what do you think of Pippen Jr.'s potential as a distributor/playmaker?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 56853

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

The only thing about Pippen JR. his development will be nill with WB/Kyrie and Lebron here. If we moved WB for some 3nD wings, then we could utilize him as a secondary ballhandler for the 2nd unit at some point in the season.

So that's the thing, Pippen Jr. won't get much PT, unless we shake up the roster. Even THT last year, suffered a lot by having to play with WB/Lebron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 64975
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike how about Jordan Farmar comp?


Only similar in size and that's it.


Mike what do you think of Pippen Jr.'s potential as a distributor/playmaker?


He's really good. I just wish he was bigger.

Unlike THT, he doesn't need the basketball to be a productive player, but there's only so much a small player can do on the floor to create positive outcomes without the basketball.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 2125

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

shoulda got keon ellis instead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7353

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike how about Jordan Farmar comp?


Only similar in size and that's it.


Mike what do you think of Pippen Jr.'s potential as a distributor/playmaker?


He's really good. I just wish he was bigger.

Unlike THT, he doesn't need the basketball to be a productive player, but there's only so much a small player can do on the floor to create positive outcomes without the basketball.


I'm surprised.
During the SL I thought pip was slow in his reads unless he already knew where he was going with the pass. Similar to THT I suppose.
And he struggled handing the ball against another small guard.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

My summer: Kyrie and McBuckets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21591

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Mike, Huff or Pip Jr if you gotta pick one (since Swider is a lock), 2-way speaking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 64975
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike how about Jordan Farmar comp?


Only similar in size and that's it.


Mike what do you think of Pippen Jr.'s potential as a distributor/playmaker?


He's really good. I just wish he was bigger.

Unlike THT, he doesn't need the basketball to be a productive player, but there's only so much a small player can do on the floor to create positive outcomes without the basketball.


I'm surprised.
During the SL I thought pip was slow in his reads unless he already knew where he was going with the pass. Similar to THT I suppose.
And he struggled handing the ball against another small guard.


Which game. He's not a playmaker first. He's a scorer first.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 64975
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Mike, Huff or Pip Jr if you gotta pick one (since Swider is a lock), 2-way speaking


Huff, but he still needs to get stronger anyway.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7353

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike how about Jordan Farmar comp?


Only similar in size and that's it.


Mike what do you think of Pippen Jr.'s potential as a distributor/playmaker?


He's really good. I just wish he was bigger.

Unlike THT, he doesn't need the basketball to be a productive player, but there's only so much a small player can do on the floor to create positive outcomes without the basketball.


I'm surprised.
During the SL I thought pip was slow in his reads unless he already knew where he was going with the pass. Similar to THT I suppose.
And he struggled handing the ball against another small guard.


Which game. He's not a playmaker first. He's a scorer first.


The Suns game.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

My summer: Kyrie and McBuckets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 64975
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike how about Jordan Farmar comp?


Only similar in size and that's it.


Mike what do you think of Pippen Jr.'s potential as a distributor/playmaker?


He's really good. I just wish he was bigger.

Unlike THT, he doesn't need the basketball to be a productive player, but there's only so much a small player can do on the floor to create positive outcomes without the basketball.


I'm surprised.
During the SL I thought pip was slow in his reads unless he already knew where he was going with the pass. Similar to THT I suppose.
And he struggled handing the ball against another small guard.


Which game. He's not a playmaker first. He's a scorer first.


The Suns game.


I just felt that was a typical 3rd/4th game in a row in the summer league where players always struggle and fatigue kicks in.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46720

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Scotty Pippen Jr. grinds out his own career in Summer League
Quote:
The 21-year-old Sierra Canyon High product has been arguably the Lakers’ most dynamic player through five Summer League games as he tries to reach the same league where his father became a Hall of Famer

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/07/11/lakers-scotty-pippen-jr-grinds-out-his-own-career-in-summer-league/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46720

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Summer League player grades:
    Scotty Pippen Jr.

- attacks the basket
- turnover-prone
- must improve outside shot
- quick hands on D
- good passer

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/lists/summer-league-player-grades-scotty-pippen-jr/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 2590

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
Wanted Dereon Seabron over Pip jr.


Nobody cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7353

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:


_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

My summer: Kyrie and McBuckets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13466

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm really hoping Pippen will be a Laker for life. He's a bit shoot first atm but I love his passing ability, he's also a bit small but he's okay as a defender. I don't know, something about his play makes me really like watching him.

I'll be hoping he carves out a long and successful career as a Laker

I think his shot will come. I know some people think he wasn't shooting well in the Summer League but I think it will come around. Nice quick trigger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 2590

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

If we’re gonna get this team consistently good we are gonna have to find guys like this and bring them along
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10660

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Wanted Dereon Seabron over Pip jr.


Nobody cares


Glad I’m not the only one who’s become bitter with age πŸ˜‚
_________________
β€œYou have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roblo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject:

This dude is average with not much upside. He looks like a poor man's Tyus Jones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 14192
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:55 am    Post subject:

roblo wrote:
This dude is average with not much upside. He looks like a poor man's Tyus Jones.



He looks like a utility player right now at best. Ja along with other very
talented PG's would expose him.


I really hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB