Russell Westbrook's "True Colors"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject: Russell Westbrook's "True Colors"

Russell Westbrook, longtime agent Thad Foucher parting ways over 'irreconcilable differences'

-

"Now, with a possibility of a fourth trade in four years, the marketplace is telling the Lakers they must add additional value with Russell in any trade scenario. And even then, such a trade may require Russell to immediately move on from the new team via buyout.

"My belief is that this type of transaction only serves to diminish Russell's value and ***his best option is to stay with the Lakers, *** embrace the starting role and support that Darvin Ham publicly offered. Russell is a first-ballot Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame player and will prove that again before he is retired.

"Unfortunately, irreconcilable differences exist as to his best pathway forward and we are no longer working together. I wish Russell and his family the very best."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34250337/russell-westbrook-long-agent-thad-foucher-parting-ways-irreconcilable-differences

Russ believes that he shouldn't embrace Darvin Ham's "starting role" and he believes that getting traded the fourth time in four years then be bought out is the best path for his career.

Are there many HOF players that can only play one way, with the attitude that it is "His (Selfish) Way or the Highway" - ?? This description on the vast majority of other players usually means they are quickly out of the league and/or their careers are quickly ending.

Aren't superstars the best example of players who are always looking to increase/expand/fine-tune various aspects of their game?

Shouldn't HOFers/Superstars have a very high Basketball IQ that usually makes smart plays while avoiding rookie mistakes.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191445&start=8475

We don't need another WB thread. What the heck.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191445&start=8475

We don't need another WB thread. What the heck.
His decline in athletic abilities and Basketball IQ has been spoken many times in this forum

Not willing to work with Vogel to LBJ to AD to his long-time agent is revealing and the story.

Russ, himself, will the exclusive person to make decisions?

Rejecting Vogel’s effort that kept him in the starting lineup

Rejecting LBJ, who is one of the smartest BBall players

Rejecting AD, who was strategic in having Rob go All-In to get him

Rejecting Ham, who has embraced him and develop a strategy to fully maximize his abilities to have a legitimate title-contending team to shut up the naysayers

Rejecting his long-time agent who has help maximize his NBA career to the heights of having earned hundreds of millions of dollars

Rejecting any criticisms at his exit meetings and efforts to work together with him is revealing
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:38 am    Post subject:

WB basketball IQ has not declined, it has always been null & void.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

It’s okay. He has “no expectations” for next season too.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:41 am    Post subject:

Westbrook’s career may be over after this season. Who is going to sign him and give him keys to their offense like he wants?

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Who is going to sign him and give him keys to their offense like he wants?

Miami. Orlando. San Antonio. Charlotte. DC. I can think of at least 5 off the top of my head.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Miami. Orlando. San Antonio. Charlotte. DC. I can think of at least 5 off the top of my head.

Lol wut? The delusion. Orlando had massive cap space and didn’t sign him. Miami? He is the Antithesis of everything they stand for. Charlotte is lamelo’s squad. Popovich will steer clear of Russ. Maybe DC. But they’re not giving up assets for him. They robbed Rob last year and we want to be Robbed again?
24LaterMurus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Miami is looking to contend. WB would be an anchor on that team.

Orland would prolly rather develop their young guys. But I'll say it's still plausible.

Charlotte would surely rather let Ball control the ball.

San Antonio is in a rebuild mode and would rather use next season to know what they have in Primo & Wesley. And them sucking would only help them in chase for Wemby.

Edit:

DC - Idk what their cap situation is but considering the Beal contract, the FO is definitely dumb enough to think adding Westy would be a good move.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≄≄≄≄≄Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Lol wut? The delusion. Orlando had massive cap space and didn’t sign him. Miami? He is the Antithesis of everything they stand for. Charlotte is lamelo’s squad. Popovich will steer clear of Russ. Maybe DC. But they’re not giving up assets for him. They robbed Rob last year and we want to be Robbed again?

San Antonio will bring him in as tank commander. Westbrook can go back to averaging a triple double.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Ming if you don't know Westbrook personally, you are seriously delusional my friend.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

There was rumors of Miami wanting him before last season. So I could see that one happening.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

There was rumors of Miami wanting him before last season. So I could see that one happening.

What on earth would they trade for him?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Just like how u thought Orlando giving him max? 😂
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Is WB a good fantasy player or something, is that why some people still see him as a star?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

What on earth would they trade for him?

Who said anything about trade? One poster suggested a buy out But if they wanted to trade for him they do have Kyle
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

And by rumors, you mean some random dude behind a keyboard? Or do you mean that Riley, Elisburg or Spoelstra actually told someone, on the record, that this was an idea they were actually contemplating?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Westbrook’s career may be over after this season. Who is going to sign him and give him keys to their offense like he wants?

If Westbrook becomes a free agent next year there will be teams that are interested in him. The primary question is how much money he will want/get.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
If Westbrook becomes a free agent next year there will be teams that are interested in him. The primary question is how much money he will want/get.
If Westbrook decides to "Buy-In" to Ham's starting role for him that starts in him being the "Head of the Snake" on defense, sets, screens, get defensive rebounds and make smart decisions on offense (sounds like the Rajon Rondo role), then he will staill have a relatively successful career till he retires. The number of people that actually believes that he will do this stars at "0" and ends at "0"

If he gets traded, yet again, and is "bought out" - another team will pick him up because there is little downsize (salary requirement will be very low) and much upside (WestBrick will realize that he will have to adjust his game if he still want to play).

After this season, WestBrick's "EGO" won't allow him to accept a salary below $30+M per year (app) - hence, he will have effectively retired

Despite people that have supported him (his agent to LBJ to AD to Ham to others) giving him advice, he has decided (his right) to proceed in seeking team that will accept him having a high ball usage rate, high TOs (usually Live Ball TOs), matador-style of playing defense, useless on offense unless he has the ball, shoot air-balls or hit the side of the backboard shots, etc. - yet, he is not to blame in failing to embrace team ball while confirming that his "high" basketball IQ is an illusion. Since he doesn't have any expectations, Laker fans should have no expectations of Russ wanting to help the Lakers - unless he is seen as better than Lebron and AD.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

And by rumors, you mean some random dude behind a keyboard? Or do you mean that Riley, Elisburg or Spoelstra actually told someone, on the record, that this was an idea they were actually contemplating?
Riley to Butler to Spoelstra would "TORCH" Westbrick - if by some miracle he had to be on the Heat roster!!!

They stand by everything that Westbrick is NOT

WestBrick needs to be on a lower-tier team that have the same expectations that Westbrick has - NONE.

Which team would pay for a player that does not set the example of what they want their young players to be - none.

Kyrie is another head case, but on the rare times that he is on the court - he has always shown mad skills, as oppose to the declining James Harden (who showed up out of shape)

"Always" good to see how much numerous players feel that they are "entitled" to act selfish and (ahem) not smart
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:30 am    Post subject:

He should play against DeMar’s team in Drew League right now, go get that triple dub
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

On what salary and for what team is Russ potentially a "star" role player? Cause I'm sure one exists given the right number.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
On what salary and for what team is Russ potentially a "star" role player? Cause I'm sure one exists given the right number.

Prob like John Wall, tpMLE
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Prob like John Wall, tpMLE
Knicks!!

Bad team

Love stars

Dolan is a bad owner
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: