What will happen with Westbrook?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will happen with Westbrook?
Start the season with the Lakers
53%
 53%  [ 28 ]
Buyout before the season starts
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Waived and stretched for 3 years before the season starts
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Traded to another team before the season starts
44%
 44%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 52

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Will be in purple and gold opening night and the foreseeable future. Lebron antics made trading him that much harder

Lakers won’t let Russ destroy their team chemistry. If they can’t trade I can see them telling him to stay home aka Wall. He and LBJ are done so he’s done with the Lakers.

There you go in make believe land again. Since when is Russ a bad locker room guy? While you’re at give me a list of the sacrifices Le Diva made last season.

He played center for crying out loud to give more spacing for Russ? Remember how Houston had to trade Capela for Russ?

No he played Center because AD was out and the ones on the roster was trash

So that’s not a sacrifice? You think he wanted to play center? Your agenda and bias blinds you.

Lebron played center in Miami and there was talk of him doing his first season here none of that had anything to do with Westbrook. When he went to Westbrook to beg him to demand a trade he talked about sacrifice. Lebron didn’t sacrifice anything especially his chase of Kareem’s record. The only one who has a bias agenda you. Because you seem to go out of the way to bash Westbrook. Him not being able to shoot is enough of a reason to trade him but you seem to make up situations that wasn’t present last year to pile on reasons
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Yes. I have an agenda against a bad fit for our team. Russ was a horrific mistake.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Car54 and Ming are literally the only two posters who actually WANT Russ on the team. It’s one thing to argue that we can’t trade Russ, it’s another to want him. You are in the biggest minority and just being a contrarian for contrarian’s sake.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Will be in purple and gold opening night and the foreseeable future. Lebron antics made trading him that much harder

Lakers won’t let Russ destroy their team chemistry. If they can’t trade I can see them telling him to stay home aka Wall. He and LBJ are done so he’s done with the Lakers.

There you go in make believe land again. Since when is Russ a bad locker room guy? While you’re at give me a list of the sacrifices Le Diva made last season.

That was last season. This season he literally just fired the guy who suggested he should embrace the Lakers and Ham. Would you still take this guy into the regular season and try to "mend" broken relationships? Or would you rather sit him out/waive him from game 1 so that the team could have more time to build that championship chemistry together?

Allegedly but I’m not seeing what his agent has to do with his role on the team as his agent can’t trade him and his agent can’t buy him out. But let’s saying he’s not onboard with his role. He’s been playing the game with the Lakers as if he’s on board. So one can assume that the Things Lebron has been doing behind the scenes and in the opening has changed his mind. He damn sure hasn’t shown any desire to be traded in public and hasn’t used the media to get out any passive aggressive messages like Lebron has.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 and Ming are literally the only two posters who actually WANT Russ on the team. It’s one thing to argue that we can’t trade Russ, it’s another to want him. You are in the biggest minority and just being a contrarian for contrarian’s sake.

Who said I’m not onboard with Trading him? There you go again in fairytale land. Being on board with trading him and blaming him solely for last season is two different things.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Who said I’m not onboard with Trading him? There you go again in fairytale land. Being on board with trading him and blaming him solely for last season is two different things.

When did blame him for the whole season? It was AD/LBJ being hurt and the poor roster construction. Then you add Russ and take away KCP/Kuz/AC. You are the one making up narratives. I have never blamed him solely for past season. But he was sold as a solution and he was most definitely a problem.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

That was last season. This season he literally just fired the guy who suggested he should embrace the Lakers and Ham. Would you still take this guy into the regular season and try to "mend" broken relationships? Or would you rather sit him out/waive him from game 1 so that the team could have more time to build that championship chemistry together?

Allegedly but I’m not seeing what his agent has to do with his role on the team as his agent can’t trade him and his agent can’t buy him out. But let’s saying he’s not onboard with his role. He’s been playing the game with the Lakers as if he’s on board. So one can assume that the Things Lebron has been doing behind the scenes and in the opening has changed his mind. He damn sure hasn’t shown any desire to be traded in public and hasn’t used the media to get out any passive aggressive messages like Lebron has.

Firing his agent is like saying he doesn't want to play for the Lakers anymore so there's no way we can have him back anymore. Lebron will be with the team so let's support Lebron. Or maybe just show a little bit of gratitude for him leading us to our #17.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Firing his agent is like saying he doesn't want to play for the Lakers anymore so there's no way we can have him back anymore. Lebron will be with the team so let's support Lebron. Or maybe just show a little bit of gratitude for him leading us to our #17.

Here you go with the lies. Players fire their agents and it’s never because of what team they want to play for lol you guys are hilarious making up reasons to trade Russell when the real reason is good enough. But let y’all tell it. He raped your moms broke AD legs and cause Phil to leave Jeanie lol
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Foucher been WB agent since he came in the NBA, this isn’t some usual agent firing
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Firing his agent is like saying he doesn't want to play for the Lakers anymore so there's no way we can have him back anymore. .

I don't know about that. People are making a lot of assumptions based on that odd press release Westbrook's agent put out, but we don't really know what went down between them.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

When did blame him for the whole season? It was AD/LBJ being hurt and the poor roster construction. Then you add Russ and take away KCP/Kuz/AC. You are the one making up narratives. I have never blamed him solely for past season. But he was sold as a solution and he was most definitely a problem.

Sure you have. You blame him all of time when talking about last season. You never bring up the injuries and it’s the reason you think team will be bad with him still on it even with the changes made.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

He with the picks are on the move.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure you have. You blame him all of time when talking about last season. You never bring up the injuries and it’s the reason you think team will be bad with him still on it even with the changes made.

Yes. Look at my sig. i literally provide factual evidence that trading for Russ was a primary reason for our downfall last year. How about refuting that? You can’t.
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Can't wait for Westbrook to ball out for another team and get back to putting up monster triple-doubles and then having people on this board scramble to make excuses as to why he couldn't do it next to LeNeuter.

Still will be a liability in the playoffs and still won’t make it past round 2. Empty stats
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject:

He will fake a bone bruise and sit out the season.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see any team trading for him. He’s a toxic asset with 1 year left on his deal. Only reason a team would deal for him is if they were either tanking themselves, or had other longer term toxic assets to dump in return.

Lakers would be dumb to trade future 1st rounders with him bc they aren’t going to compete for anything this year anyways. Lebron is 37, AD is made of glass, and there’s no other reliable outside shooting. It’s a non-championship competitive team regardless of whether Russ is on the team or not. So it would make no sense from a Laker perspective to mortgage more of the future just to get rid of a guy that is gone next year anyway.

So I think Russ def starts the season on the Lakers. If the chemistry is that bad they could buy him out at some point next year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Uh well

Los Angeles Lakers’ Big 3 of LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook huddled for a phone conversation to confirm their commitment to each other through the uncertainty, league sources told @YahooSports:

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1549153578563956736?s=21&t=TQLLe5yzWfrs1O5IF4vpkw

This is why I cannot keep worrying about this situation and I will see what happens when it happens.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Can't wait for Westbrook to ball out for another team and get back to putting up monster triple-doubles and then having people on this board scramble to make excuses as to why he couldn't do it next to LeNeuter.

Still will be a liability in the playoffs and still won’t make it past round 2. Empty stats

Monster trip dubs

There's a reason why his teams never made any noise in the Playoffs his entire career besides when he was playing with multiple other hall of fakers early on for the Thunder and his own superior teammate left him as soon as he could to actually win.

For a mediocre team with no shot at the finals and if they let Russ just do whatever tf he wants all game? He can absolutely put up those career defining empty trip dubs but he'll never win anything worthwhile in that style considering he's a shell of himself from the prime years and even then there was 0% chance.

Kind of wild you make fun of Bron who has had extreme success in his career and hype up a career loser. There's some strange ones on this board
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Uh well

Los Angeles Lakers’ Big 3 of LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook huddled for a phone conversation to confirm their commitment to each other through the uncertainty, league sources told @YahooSports:

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1549153578563956736?s=21&t=TQLLe5yzWfrs1O5IF4vpkw

This is why I cannot keep worrying about this situation and I will see what happens when it happens.

Listen, if WB dons the PnG this coming season, we all gonna cheer hard for him to play well and be successful but I’d rather see Crazy Kyrie in his spot
TrueBlueLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject:

I voted remain a Laker, but I hope it doesn't happen. I think that we can have a good season with him, but we can't dream of winning in the playoffs with a player who can't shoot and has zero accountability for his flaws and bad decisions.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
62% start on Lakers
37% traded

I love it. Let's go!
I can't wait for the 4th Westbrook thread when he gets traded.

51% start
46% trade
2% buyout (naw fam hahah)

Oh no, the trade folks are making a comeback!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
62% start on Lakers
37% traded

I love it. Let's go!
I can't wait for the 4th Westbrook thread when he gets traded.

51% start
46% trade
2% buyout (naw fam hahah)

Oh no, the trade folks are making a comeback!

This is not what you "want" to happen, but what may happen. Lakers if they had their way would have traded Russ. But some things are out of their control (i.e. KD trade) and some are in their control (how many FRPs, taking on salary).
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Robblake wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Monster trip dubs

There's a reason why his teams never made any noise in the Playoffs his entire career besides when he was playing with multiple other hall of fakers early on for the Thunder and his own superior teammate left him as soon as he could to actually win.

For a mediocre team with no shot at the finals and if they let Russ just do whatever tf he wants all game? He can absolutely put up those career defining empty trip dubs but he'll never win anything worthwhile in that style considering he's a shell of himself from the prime years and even then there was 0% chance.

Kind of wild you make fun of Bron who has had extreme success in his career and hype up a career loser. There's some strange ones on this board

Nice Skip Bayless-esque take there, buddy. When have I ever made fun of LeBron? "Strange ones". Sounds like you're projecting to me. It's OK. Way easier to do that than to look at yourself in the mirror and admit those uncomfortable truths.

When the Thunder made the Finals in 2012 Harden was barely a 16 PPG bench scorer. "Multiple HOF's, lol...

Even after the debacle of letting him go those Thunder were still perennial contenders year-in-year out until Durant left, with a lot of injury bad luck getting in the way of them winning a championship. Even then they were still up 3-1 against the supposedly "unbeatable" 73-9 Warriors and it took a Draymond Green non-suspension and an epic nuclear Game 6 Klay performance for them to lose the series.

Clearly the evidence shows that he's good enough to be a 2nd option on a contending/championship team. Things just didn't go their way. That's life.

Not everyone has the benefit of playing in a historical weak Eastern Conference and have the chance to team up with a pre-existing champion and form a Superteam in order to get that monkey off their back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: