Jeanie Buss Clarifies Her "Cryptic" Tweet

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject: Jeanie Buss Clarifies Her "Cryptic" Tweet

Many people thought she was talking about LeBron, Russell Westbrook, she spoke with Mark Medina of Nba.com to clarify and give context:

Quote:
We’re getting ready to start promoting our 10-part docuseries on Hulu and we’re immersed in all things Lakers. There are so many people I miss. But the person I miss the most is Kobe. We miss his voice, his friendship and everything that was taken away from us when we lost him. What I know is Laker fans feel the same way I do.

So when I feel down like that, I know when I say something, the response that I get makes me feel not alone. That’s how a community comes together to grieve. This grieving process with losing Kobe will go on for the rest of my life. It’s a void that can never be filled and was never expected.

When Phil [Jackson] left to go to the Knicks, the NBA made us sign a letter because we’re on two different teams. He said, ‘This means I can’t help you anymore. But you always have Kobe. Kobe has your back. Talk to him if you ever need advice. You’ll always have Kobe.’ That’s what Phil said to me. So, the idea that we don’t always have Kobe is hard to accept.

Her Tweet:

Quote:
I miss KB. He would understand and explain everything that I’m not allowed to. Honestly he was the greatest Laker ever. He understood team over self. Meaning your rewards would come if you valued team goals over your own then everything would fall into place. All can reply.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

You’re the owner, never put out statements that can be read as talking about your own players in a negative way which then requires you to clarify, Jeannie gotta be better
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
You’re the owner, never put out statements that can be read as talking about your own players in a negative way which then requires you to clarify, Jeannie gotta be better

You have to be better at spelling her name right.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
governator wrote:

You have to be better at spelling her name right.

At least be cryptic with the criticism
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

How’s that I cringe every time she tweets or comes out with a statement about the team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

We can all agree Jeannie Buss and KD are the two most sensitive, thin skinned person in the entire league.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
We can all agree Jeannie Buss and KD are the two most sensitive, thin skinned person in the entire league.

How is she thin skinned?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

Riiiiiiiiight…

What else did anyone expect her to say in front of the media, “Yeah it was about Klutch” lol no one’s gonna expect her to say that with the media present.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Riiiiiiiiight…

What else did anyone expect her to say in front of the media, “Yeah it was about Klutch” lol no one’s gonna expect her to say that with the media present.

Exactly.

It's not even worth going on about. We'll never know what she really meant by the tweet, if she was tweet-ranting, drunk-tweeting, just talking about Kobe or what. IMO the explanation barely makes sense just leave well enough alone lol
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

A reminder to you all of one of life’s great lessons: don’t drink and post.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

You're basically saying don't tweet, because fans are gonna take a lot of things however way. ESPECIALLY Laker fans and media because it is a polarizing franchise, that generate a lot of conversation and revenue. In regards to this, I think it's more of the fans and that took it a certain way than the actual players. Media for clicks, both cohesively creating a narrative. The actual players have direct contact with her, where she could clarify to them, if need be. I don't think you live in a bubble (no pun intended to our championship) because of it, even with the understanding that fans and media make things out to be something that it wasn't intended.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

I never for one second believed it was about them.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
governator wrote:

You're basically saying don't tweet, because fans are gonna take a lot of things however way. ESPECIALLY Laker fans and media because it is a polarizing franchise, that generate a lot of conversation and revenue. In regards to this, I think it's more of the fans and that took it a certain way than the actual players. Media for clicks, both cohesively creating a narrative. The actual players have direct contact with her, where she could clarify to them, if need be. I don't think you live in a bubble (no pun intended to our championship) because of it, even with the understanding that fans and media make things out to be something that it wasn't intended.

Nah, she can put out statements that are to the point that don’t need clarifications. Keep family matter in house.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
governator wrote:

Nah, she can put out statements that are to the point that don’t need clarifications. Keep family matter in house.

Oh, Jeanie has long history of making odd/cryptic statements that get people in an uproar.

I get the impression she doesn't really care. It might come to her attention that Lakers fans are in a tizzy about something she said and she puts out a clarification (often well after the fact). But I doubt she is dwelling on this stuff like some fans are.

She mostly seems to float above everything, touching down on earth only now and then.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
governator wrote:

I can agree with this. I'm not a big fan on tweeting anyways, because it makes it so you feel a need to express yourself publicly. We feel our emotions are very important to the external world, when it is just really important internally and probably should stay there. Also, it isn't reality, while it makes it appear as it is. If I went up to Jeanie and said Good morning or I was sitting at a lunch table and she didn't know me, I don't think she would randomly come up to me and say "I miss Kobe" and so forth. It just not reality to express things on our mind to everyone, just certain people. Usually people you know or feel comfortable with.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

If Jeanie had just tweeted:

Quote:
I miss Kobe

That would’ve been great! Instead she had to add 5 more cloudy sentences starting with:

Quote:
… and he can explain everything that I’m not allowed to.

It was so cryptic that everyone from MSM to NBA Twitter picked it up with scrutiny. The fact Jeanie even needed to explain her tweet in itself means it was a BAD tweet to put out there as an NBA owner.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: