Better Call Saul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't think! I'm guilty of being impatient, not reading the complete post, sometimes miss the gist. Nothing to worry about.

I enjoyed the shows separately. Didn't watch BB when it first aired, binged on it. Got hooked on BCS never tied the two together character wise sequentially.

Dude, it's a shame that you took such a laid back attitude to watching the two series.

You've done yourself a huge disservice because you're missing out on the most significant part of both series which is the detail work and how everything ties in together.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think! I'm guilty of being impatient, not reading the complete post, sometimes miss the gist. Nothing to worry about.

I enjoyed the shows separately. Didn't watch BB when it first aired, binged on it. Got hooked on BCS never tied the two together character wise sequentially.

Dude, it's a shame that you took such a laid back attitude to watching the two series.

You've done yourself a huge disservice because you're missing out on the most significant part of both series which is the detail work and how everything ties in together.

I don't think I've done myself any disservice. I've given myself something to chew on. How can I be missing something that's not gone?

I can now go back look at the detail work with a better understanding and appreciation.

What's over for you is beginning for me.

No reflection on you DMR. Every time I get called DUDE, Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott come to mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't think I've done myself any disservice. I've given myself something to chew on. How can I be missing something that's not gone?

I can now go back look at the detail work with a better understanding and appreciation.

No reflection on you DMR. Every time I get called DUDE, Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott come to mind.

Well, in the interest of being kind, I won't mention what comes to mind when you mangle the English language.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Well, in the interest of being kind, I won't mention what comes to mind when you mangle the English language.

OOOOOOtay LG is now English 101 LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Like you said, "no reflection", right?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Like you said, "no reflection", right?

Gotcha unnerstood.

EDIT: No reflection was meant to assure the mention of Ashton and Seann wasn't connecting them to reminding me of you.

I made the edit because I noticed you screaming.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Rhea Seehorn directed last night's episode. It was one of the best. Fring is paying a "couple" to "live" in the other wing of his fortress...that was an awesome development to the Fring character. Wow.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Rhea Seehorn directed last night's episode. It was one of the best. Fring is paying a "couple" to "live" in the other wing of his fortress...that was an awesome development to the Fring character. Wow.

As soon as I saw her credit, I was totally intrigued to see how she'd do, and she freaking hit out of the park. It was a great episode for even a seasoned director, not to mention a first time one. She did some really cool stuff with the camera and that was one of the best cold opens in the series, which is saying a lot.

It was a fun episode. Jimmy dressed up like Howard was great . . . "I really like your hair . . ." And Kim finally becoming aware of Mike for the first time, good stuff.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject:

Show re-started again yesterday, and wow...One of the best shows of the season already. Not gonna spoil it (although maybe we should just let this thread include spoilers), but it should be interesting to see how the remaining 5 eps will go, given the killing off of another major character.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject:

I agree. The episode was great despite having no real surprises. Interesting new factoid about Fring's lab.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Knowing this is a prequel you knew Gus would survive. I was surprised Kim was actually gonna shoot.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Knowing this is a prequel you knew Gus would survive. I was surprised Kim was actually gonna shoot.

Not me. You could see her getting more and more hardened as the series went along. As soon as Jimmy said, "send her", I thought, "yeah, I can see her doing it". When she rolled down her window at the stoplight next to the cops and then didn't say anything, then wheb she gets out of the car and starts walking, you can see her resolve . . . "I got this" . . . it was prime The Descent of Kim Wexler. She has become tough and ruthless.

One thing I never would have guessed though is Howard and Lalo being buried side by side in the floor of Gus's lab; that was a great touch.

It was a really solid, totally BB/BCS episode; from the opening on Howard's shoes in the sand to Mike taking them off Howard's dad body—classic bookend episode.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Not me. You could see her getting more and more hardened as the series went along. As soon as Jimmy said, "send her", I thought, "yeah, I can see her doing it". When she rolled down her window at the stoplight next to the cops and then didn't say anything, then wheb she gets out of the car and starts walking, you can see her resolve . . . "I got this" . . . it was prime The Descent of Kim Wexler. She has become tough and ruthless.

One thing I never would have guessed though is Howard and Lalo being buried side by side in the floor of Gus's lab; that was a great touch.

It was a really solid, totally BB/BCS episode; from the opening on Howard's shoes in the sand to Mike taking them off Howard's dad body—classic bookend episode.

I don't see Kim as hardened. I liken her to a mama bear. Her love for Jimmy is deeper than I thought.

oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

Never thought anything could top Breaking Bad, but, my god, this show just too amazing.

We hear the 'It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!' line from Saul that he'll eventually yell to Walt and Jesse in his first appearance in Breaking Bad.

Also, it may be a reach, but, 'The Fly' episode of Breaking Bad takes on an entirely new outlook when you now know what is buried underneath the lab that Walt and Jesse were cooking.

This show man...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Show is brilliant. How many episodes do we have left?
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Show is brilliant. How many episodes do we have left?

Not enough...

I think there's 13 this season so I think 5 more
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't see Kim as hardened. I liken her to a mama bear. Her love for Jimmy is deeper than I thought.

Obviously Kim loves Jimmy and is very protective of him. But her character is much deeper and richer than that and is all her own . . . as her arch has proven.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Interesting...Apparently, the heart attack happened during the Lalo scene. I think I saw someone mention that it was after the scene on the couch with Kim. The chair scene was after the 5-week break.

https://www.aol.com/entertainment/better-call-saul-star-bob-002835176.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Obviously Kim loves Jimmy and is very protective of him. But her character is much deeper and richer than that and is all her own . . . as her arch has proven.

I'll accept your concept because your profession allows you to know more about what writers are trying to convey. From a layman's view, I see a woman shuffled to a path she has to learn to traverse, saving Jimmy vs doing the right thing. Right now I still see Kim as uncertain on both sides of the fence. The arch I'll keep looking for. I may see it clearer using your concept.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I saw the arch. She lied to Cheryl without batting an eye. When she kissed Jimmy at Howard's memorial. Her eyes said I have to get away from this. She came to an understanding about her relationship with Jimmy and skirting the law. She said she was having fun. That seemed to bother her. That life is not the life she wants to live. I think this is where she's out.

Jimmy has gone full Saul.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Mike looking down the hole was a powerful moment. It's as if he realized the enormity of death he has witnessed for many years (in this case, a completely innocent Howard), and will continue to witness in BB. When Nacho's dad told him he was just another gangster, all Mike could do was stay silent.

Jonathan Banks can tell a story without saying a word. Similar to the actor that plays Lalo. That guy's smile is wicked, and I like that smiling was the last thing he did before dying.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Mike looking down the hole was a powerful moment. It's as if he realized the enormity of death he has witnessed for many years (in this case, a completely innocent Howard), and will continue to witness in BB. When Nacho's dad told him he was just another gangster, all Mike could do was stay silent.

Jonathan Banks can tell a story without saying a word. Similar to the actor that plays Lalo. That guy's smile is wicked, and I like that smiling was the last thing he did before dying.

Spoiler...

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject:

***SPOILERS***

Really enjoyed this last episode that resolved Gene Takovic. It was a bit confusing at first because the cab driver was the same character who recognized Saul at the mall while he was eating his lunch. They just recast him with a different actor.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

Is S6 E10 a rehash? A prelude to Better Call Saul. That was a Mission Impossible heist.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is S6 E10 a rehash? A prelude to Better Call Saul. That was a Mission Impossible heist.

All the BCS episodes where he's Gene Takovic, Cinnabon manager occur after the events of Breaking Bad. He's in hiding in Nebraska because he's wanted by the law back in New Mexico.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17
Jump to: