12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 40

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Boycotting Morton's due to Kavanaugh episode.

The wife and I are checking out Fia Steak in Santa Monica on Tuesday. A friend told me about it and most of the yelp reviews are 5 stars.

I'm not really in a position to boycott them where I am, so I'm glad others are.

I've heard good things about FIA from my friends who are foodies in my old stomping ground.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

The wife and I are checking out Fia Steak in Santa Monica on Tuesday. A friend told me about it and most of the yelp reviews are 5 stars.

That's on brand for Morton's. Both they and Mastro's are a part of the Landry's restaurant group headed by none other than Tillman Fertita aka Houston Rockets owner. Guy is a raging Trumptard pos. His lineage is from a family of borderline mobsters.

I refuse to give them a dime.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I'm not really in a position to boycott them where I am, so I'm glad others are.

I've heard good things about FIA from my friends who are foodies in my old stomping ground.

curious, there's no Morton or you still gotta go eat there for work and stuff?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

He lives on an island nowhere near one, but near me!
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I ended up going to Del Frisco's in Century City (LA). Food was ok but not worth the price. The ambiance was lacking and service was pretty terrible.

I don't have huge problems with the food (butter cake was excellent) but the overall experience was below par.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

The best filet I ever had was at place called "The Barn Farmer Steakhouse" in Costa Mesa - closed down about 20 years ago where the Home Depot is now off of Harbor Blvd. The second best filet I've ever had was at "The Cellar" in Fullerton. The Cellar was designed by the same designers of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

The Cellar is still in business...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Per Dr. Michael Baden, the two most common foods people choke to death on are steak and shrimp (perfect for high-falutin SCJs).

On the steak tip, there's a NOLA based paramedic show on YT. Caught one a few months back. There was a guy who choked on a wad of steak and he was about an eyelash away from death from the looks of it. He had staggered outside the front door of the restaurant and passed out face first in the rain and the owner was freaking out. She wanted to verify that he was truly saved so they let her look at him sitting in the ambulance and he looked demolished. He was heaving like he had been pulled from water at the very last second. Face was drooping, looked like he didn't know who or where he was (a la Hanks in his concussion scenes in "Pvt Ryan").

So maybe we should foster Brett's love of steak?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Yep, no Morton's here on Devil's Island.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Yep, no Morton's here on Devil's Island.

Or was it Elba?

Last edited by Omar Little on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
The best filet I ever had was at place called "The Barn Farmer Steakhouse" in Costa Mesa - closed down about 20 years ago where the Home Depot is now off of Harbor Blvd. The second best filet I've ever had was at "The Cellar" in Fullerton. The Cellar was designed by the same designers of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Met some friends at Seasons 52 at the South Coast Plaza on Sunday. I had the 8 OZ filet and was very surprised at how good it was. At $37, it must've been USDA Choice instead of USDA Prime, but it cut and ate like Prime. I'm typically a ribeye guy, with the KC strip as my backup.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Met some friends at Seasons 52 at the South Coast Plaza on Sunday. I had the 8 OZ filet and was very surprised at how good it was. At $37, it must've been USDA Choice instead of USDA Prime, but it cut and ate like Prime. I'm typically a ribeye guy, with the KC strip as my backup.

I'm going to have to check that out. Always looking for new places for steak.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

Just got back from two weeks in Vegas (Summer League/Sports Business Classroom). We were staying at the Virgin, so we spent a lot of times at the restaurants there (prior to this year, I'd never eaten anywhere other than Nobu at that hotel).

They have a place called One Steakhouse, that I can report is okay, but nothing spectacular. When in Vegas, my favorite steak place remains Cut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Just got back from two weeks in Vegas (Summer League/Sports Business Classroom). We were staying at the Virgin, so we spent a lot of times at the restaurants there (prior to this year, I'd never eaten anywhere other than Nobu at that hotel).

They have a place called One Steakhouse, that I can report is okay, but nothing spectacular. When in Vegas, my favorite steak place remains Cut.

Is it different from the Cut in Beverly Hills? Palazzo used to have a Mario Batalli steakhouse called Carnevino that I enjoyed a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Is it different from the Cut in Beverly Hills? Palazzo used to have a Mario Batalli steakhouse called Carnevino that I enjoyed a lot.

No, same menu. And while my best steak ever was at Cut LV, the variances in individual visits at one restaurant likely exceed any baseline difference between the restaurants.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: