Celtics are smelling the elusive 18th

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Celtics are smelling the elusive 18th

With Finals experience they have added Brogdon a very good player who can play PG or SG with a decent 3 pt shot & now Gallinari a vet 3 pt shooter.

They have become much stronger in a short time after Finals, not too happy about the options & choices Lakers have had or made! We lack the assets & most of all the player ability while the Celtics have the two young stars to draw such talent to sign with them instead of continually to sell out for older & past their prime players!

When will they learn to NOT give away young players to satisfy old ones?
HC: Riley

Last edited by LAKERMIKE2 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

The sad part is that we could have had the Tatum/Brown (drafted #3 after Ingram) combo instead, or Tatum/Ingram.

I still think a healthy Bucks team beats them in the East.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The sad part is that we could have had the Tatum/Brown (drafted #3 after Ingram) combo instead, or Tatum/Ingram.

Yes, but I don’t think majority of young guys we traded still know they have to play DEFENSE, so even if we had half of anyone’s choice they are still NOT know for defense in order to win a Chip…
HC: Riley
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject:

wrong lounge, should be general Bball discussion

buck foston
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

This is not Foston forum. Move this (bleep) to the trash bin.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yes, but I don’t think majority of young guys we traded still know they have to play DEFENSE, so even if we had half of anyone’s choice they are still NOT know for defense in order to win a Chip…

Lonzo, Hart, Zubac, and Kuzma all play defense. Russell and Randle, not so much.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Lonzo, Hart, Zubac, and Kuzma all play defense. Russell and Randle, not so much.

Ingram does too. Kuz tries, but I wouldn't call it playing defense, but I enjoyed his growth and effort on that side.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Tatum-Ingram probably wins the championship, depending on the pieces you surround them with. We saw what BI did without Zion, and I'd argue he was equally as impressive as Tatum in the postseason. It's just a relatively small sample size of games, even if we're including the 2 play-in games.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Celtics are smelling the elusive 18th

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
With Finals experience they have added Brogdon a very good player who can play PG or SG with a decent 3 pt shot & now Gallinari a vet 3 pt shooter.

They have become much stronger in a short time after Finals, not too happy about the options & choices Lakers have had or made! We lack the assets & most of all the player ability while the Celtics have the two young stars to draw such talent to sign with them instead of continually to sell out for older & past their prime players!

And for all that, it's been 14 years since the Celtics won their last title, and 36 years since they won the title before that.

Just goes to show how hard it is to win a title.

In any case, I don't find trading young players and going after older players to be an inherently good strategy or an inherently bad strategy. It all depends on the specifics of the situation.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Chill out with this crap

Can they expect Horford/smart/white/Williams to make 3s like they did this playoff run? Especially horford who is getting older
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Chill out with this crap

Can they expect Horford/smart/white/Williams to make 3s like they did this playoff run? Especially horford who is getting older

They just signed Danilo Gallinari.
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Thread title is 3 words too long.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

only took them 7 games to beat a Middletonless Bucks team
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Chill out with this crap

34% career playoff 3 point shooter. On the decline. I am not saying it's not a good signing, but he gets overrated a little. Brogdan is the way more impressive get.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Chill out with this crap

34% career playoff 3 point shooter. On the decline. I am not saying it's not a good signing, but he gets overrated a little. Brogdan is the way more impressive get.

Last 4 years he has averaged 40% from 3 on about 6 3's a game in the regular season. That number went down last season in the playoffs, when he was getting doubled and had to force shots. Though he did have 3 impressive shooting games last playoffs. The playoffs before that, he shot 40%. With the Celtics, he is gonna have more wide open opportunities. I don't really look at signings as being more impressive. I look at the make up of the team and if the player is a good fit and Danilo Gallinari is a really good acquisition, just as well as Brogdan is.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Tatum-Ingram probably wins the championship, depending on the pieces you surround them with. We saw what BI did without Zion, and I'd argue he was equally as impressive as Tatum in the postseason. It's just a relatively small sample size of games, even if we're including the 2 play-in games.

I thought Ingram looked flat out better then him this year in the post season if you take away Tatum's hype. Like you said though it was at a MUCH smaller sample size but he was def. a beast and unlike Tatum he was a killer to close out games as well. Ingram on that very well rounded Celtics roster would have been better this last Post Season imo at least. Tatum is still plenty young enough to continue to improve while already clearly being one of the better younger players though so we'll see how next Season pans out.

I'd still take the Bucks over them if they're healthy though. As crazy as it sounds if we land Kyrie and one of Harris/Curry then I feel like we have just as much of a chance with an admittingly bigger injury risk and the window is much smaller but we'll be right there for at least the next year or two.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
eureca wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Chill out with this crap

Last 4 years he has averaged 40% from 3 on about 6 3's a game in the regular season. That number went down last season in the playoffs, when he was getting doubled and had to force shots. Though he did have 3 impressive shooting games last playoffs. The playoffs before that, he shot 40%. With the Celtics, he is gonna have more wide open opportunities. I don't really look at signings as being more impressive. I look at the make up of the team and if the player is a good fit and Danilo Gallinari is a really good acquisition, just as well as Brogdan is.

Doesn’t play anywhere close to the defense of horford, Williams. Which means he won’t be on the court
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
eureca wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Chill out with this crap

Doesn’t play anywhere close to the defense of horford, Williams. Which means he won’t be on the court

He isn't a good defender, I don't know how he is with team defense, but he definitely will be on the floor. He doesn't play the same position as Horford and Williams. Well, Horford plays PF like him, but he is used as a center. Danilo Gallinari is a power forward, Small forward.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

The (bleep) is this crap?

Move this garbage thread to general bball please. Buck Foston and they will choke like they always do in the playoffs next year against a healthy Bucks team.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Celtics are smelling the elusive 18th

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

I don't know what to think of the Celtics. They were neck and neck with us in being terrible last year. People were even talking about breaking them up, either Jaylen or Tatum has to go. Then they somehow put it all together. I need to see it again next year. But if Middleton is healthy, I think Bucks are still the best team in the East.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Knock knock
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Moved this to the general forum and didn’t ban the poster out of sympathy for feeble mental fortitude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: