Jeannie Buss throws SHADE at...Lebron? Klutch Sports?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject:

Jeanie’s so unprofessional. And not just the tweet but literally everything. Still can’t believe an NBA owner is using her Playboy spread as her public Lakers avatar.

She’s getting bashed by fans to even reporters who used to talk highly of her. Now they’re realizing just how bad she is as an owner.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Drifts wrote:

ummm... Lebron will probably own a piece of the Lakers in the future.

seriously? I cant see that happening. I can see him owning a vegas team, sac, Phx, but the lakers?

Lebron is a billionaire with a strong clout, that goes beyond sports. He could possibly get a piece, that's a very strong possibility.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:10 am    Post subject:

DShotMaker1824 wrote:
I am starting to think Jeanie wants to give LeBron one more year and then let him go if he wants to go. I think she is unfazed at a guy going into year 20 and wants an extension.

She should. Lakers aren’t winning anything with a close to 40 year old Lebron and an AD on the back end of his fragile career too.

I think Jeannie knows that, and instead of lose money by paying luxury tax and not being able to win anyway, she’ll get under luxury tax and let Lebron play out his final year similar to Kobe’s, on a team not competitive
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DShotMaker1824 wrote:
I am starting to think Jeanie wants to give LeBron one more year and then let him go if he wants to go. I think she is unfazed at a guy going into year 20 and wants an extension.

What glorious plans does she have outside of Klutch/LBJ?

2023 FA class is a joke.

2024 FA class is bereft of top end talent.

Most of the top 2025 FA class like Tatum will likely be locked up.

She and Rob were rudderless prior to LBJ/Klutch joining. They were missing playoffs and they were soon due to pay for the YUTES on extensions without any taste of the playoffs.

Now we don't have premier FAs to look forward to in 2023-25, and we owe 2 picks to the Pels in that same period. What a mess that Jeanie/Rob have put on this Lakers franchise with the poor trades and negotiations they have made lately.

They’ve missed the playoffs twice with Lebron. So it’s not like having him on the team saved anything. They could be easily in this same spot not signing Lebron at all.

Yea we know you’re the biggest fan of the bubble title. But one good accomplishment in Lebron’s 5 years here is a failure. They ain’t doing anything his last year either
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DShotMaker1824 wrote:

2023 FA class is a joke.

She and Rob were rudderless prior to LBJ/Klutch joining. They were missing playoffs and they were soon due to pay for the YUTES on extensions without any taste of the playoffs.

Now we don't have premier FAs to look forward to in 2023-25, and we owe 2 picks to the Pels in that same period. What a mess that Jeanie/Rob have put on this Lakers franchise with the poor trades and negotiations they have made lately.

They’ve missed the playoffs twice with Lebron. So it’s not like having him on the team saved anything. They could be easily in this same spot not signing Lebron at all.

Yea we know you’re the biggest fan of the bubble title. But one good accomplishment in Lebron’s 5 years here is a failure. They ain’t doing anything his last year either

And this is simply arrogance speaking. Ask the 11-12 NBA fanbases that have never won a championship if they would have that 2020 title. It's mind boggling that some in the Lakers fanbase poo poo that title. For me, the pain of that is that it validated Rob/Jeanie's non-plan method. Other than that, a title is a title and that is very valuable to a team (ask the Raps how they felt winning that lone title in 2019 for example).

So no, they wouldn't "easily be in the same spot" as I highly doubt we win a championship without LBJ (and AD).
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DShotMaker1824 wrote:

2023 FA class is a joke.

And this is simply arrogance speaking. Ask the 11-12 NBA fanbases that have never won a championship if they would have that 2020 title. It's mind boggling that some in the Lakers fanbase poo poo that title. For me, the pain of that is that it validated Rob/Jeanie's non-plan method. Other than that, a title is a title and that is very valuable to a team (ask the Raps how they felt winning that lone title in 2019 for example).

So no, they wouldn't "easily be in the same spot" as I highly doubt we win a championship without LBJ (and AD).

Confused by the “non plan “ comment. The Lakers plan was to sign 2-3 marquee players. They did.

And we have no clue what alternative plan would have been made with those assets. Would the Lakers have been contenders if you replaced James with Butler or George?

I agree that too many are discounting the championship. It may have been the most difficult to win due to the bubble and worldwide uncertainty at the time of the games being played. One Hell of an accomplishment, IMO.

I tend to look at the championship as not a validation of the “FO non plan” but of the validation that James can win championships. It was remarkable they did and he led them. But it is not a plan that can be replicated.

The real folly of that championship is the continued belief and focus on contending with James. Too many assets wasted to support this plan. I hope there will never be another season with a four month lay off and a 30 game sprint to the championship.

And we can’t simply dismiss that impact for James. But it created this narrative that the Lakers can still compete with James as the focal point. To the point of discussing “extensions” as part of the overall multi year plan for the Lakers team.

It has been a great run. The plans worked. Time to close the door on this James plan though. I realize they will ride it one more year due to the career scoring record but planning anything with James beyond that is ridiculous.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

A plan of "we just sign 2-3 max FAs" is not an inspired one to me. But we will go back to that again and again it seems.

I'm getting ready to move on from James, but my question is, what exactly are we moving on to?

2023/24 FA classes are looking quite barren, and not sure the FAs will fill the large shoes of LBJ on and off the court for the Lakers.

So if we are back to "sign 2-3 max FAs" in 2023/24 and we do not have marquee FAs (nor can we punt b/c we owe picks), this is setting up for Moz/Deng or just punting for years and years.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DShotMaker1824 wrote:

2023 FA class is a joke.

I can't sign on to the idea that winning one ring in 4 years is a failure.

I think something like half of the teams in the NBA have never won a ring and something like 2/3 have one won ring or less.

If your standard is anything less than two rings over 4 years is a failure, you may see the Lakers failing in your eyes for a long long long time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: