What is the right price of any Kyrie Irving package?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ONE FIRST ROUND PICK
51%
 51%  [ 22 ]
TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
WESTBROOK STRAIGHT UP, NO PICKS
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
NOT INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR KYRIE
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject: What is the right price of any Kyrie Irving package?

Last edited by Hero Ball on Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject:

Depends on the negotiation. If it's straight up - which it won't be as Nets want to not take on extra salary, it should be Kyrie for WB+1 pick. Kyrie is a better player than WB at this point in thier careers and the Lakers upgrade in fit. Fair trade.

But it gets tricky because WB makes 47, so the Nets have to give us an extra contract. They probably want to unload Harris. Now, when the Lakers see this, they say, well we are taking on another bloated deal, give us Seth instead.

That's where I think it's at. Seth/Kyrie for WB/#1 for Lakers. For Nets it should be Kyrie/Harris for WB/filler/#1 (2 times). Somehwere in between is the right deal, but I dunno if either team will budge.

To answer your question, assuming we're not talking about taking on other big contracts, a fair deal is #1 + WB for Kyrie. A very fair deal for us, because we upgrade and get rid of the worst fit in basketball history.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

I love Kyrie, gotta do whatever it takes with the understanding that maybe we wont be as good as we hoped, and we should accept the fact that we wont have any FRP.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

Voted two pics. I support 1 pic for Harris but not two. If two pics then deal should be for Seth. Seth 1 yr 8 mil contract worth 2 pics whereas Harris 2 years 18 mil with ankle surgery is more of a 1 pic deal. However, in the end if negotiations broke down I’d send two for Harris as a last resort. Ideally I would negotiate TJ Warren to be included in the deal with two pics for Kyrie and Harris.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I agree with this forum for once. One pick seems fair. Nets are too greedy they might just end up with nothing.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

One pick does not seem enough. Not only is Irving the far superior player, but he has already won a ring w/James. No doubt the Nets are factoring that into their negotiations.

They're aware of the fact that the Lakers will probably go from struggling to integrate Westbrook, to thriving with a player who will be a better fit immediately if only because he'll make the shots Westbrook was missing.

It'll cost two frps if the deal is a healthy Harris/Irving. Harris, if healthy, is perfect for us. If Harris's health and contract is a concern, then it'll be Curry/Irving, and that duo for me is one first, and two second round picks.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook, THT and a First

for

Kyrie and Seth Curry or Joe Harris
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Any price, get him here. Like it or not, with 38yr old Bron, it’s another championship or bust season. It’s a race to #18
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Any price, get him here. Like it or not, with 38yr old Bron, it’s another championship or bust season. It’s a race to #18

This is the correct answer. 1 last chance to win a championship really. LeBron is pretty much washed after this year. Even if we suck for 5 years after this, it would be worth it if we win one ring.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

This isn't the right question, because people will tell you the price they want to pay. Consequently, it's not surprising people say the "right price" is one or no picks. People will generally say "the right price" is lower than the price they actually have to pay.

The real question is, If the Nets won't budge, which outcome would you choose:

1. Trade Westbrook and two FRPs for Irving.
2. Keep Westbrook and see how things go, being open to trading for Irving at some point in the season.
3. Keep Westbrook, and entirely give up the idea of grading for Irving during the season.

That forces people to make a real choice.

In fact I'll put this up as a squeeze myself
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Still think it’s two first rounders. Problem is the Lakers would have sown of the decade with just first rounders about every other year. Almost impossible to build back the team that way.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject:

So basically the poll is saying Rob should only offer one FRP for the Irving trade.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:45 am    Post subject:

If Irving is the only piece we are lacking, I wouldn’t mind going all in just to get him. Unfortunately, I don’t think we can win a championship with him because the supporting cast is too weak. I would not sacrifice the future to get Irving because most kikely it won’t get us another title.

Also the thing about negotiation is not purely about player’s value. Irving is the better player but RW would have less DNP time. Irving also brings more drama to the locker room
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
If Irving is the only piece we are lacking, I wouldn’t mind going all in just to get him. Unfortunately, I don’t think we can win a championship with him because the supporting cast is too weak. I would not sacrifice the future to get Irving because most kikely it won’t get us another title.

Also the thing about negotiation is not purely about player’s value. Irving is the better player but RW would have less DNP time. Irving also brings more drama to the locker room

Nets don't care about Brody. They want draft picks and cap relief.

They will drag this out.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

U don't think Bron-Kyrie-Walker-AD-Bryant is a contender?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I don’t.
Take out LBJ, Irving and AD, who else would definitely start for another team?

I think you need to have a good 3&D wing defender to win the title. How much can you rely on LBJ to be that guy next year is unknown. He wouldn’t be able to do that for the whole game is for sure.

If we signed Otto Porter Jr with the MLE and trade THT for Grant/Caruso/KCP then I think we would be the favourite to win it all.

Just ask yourself, with your lineup, who’s going to defend Curry and Thompson, or Holiday and Middleton?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I don’t.

I think you need to have a good 3&D wing defender to win the title. How much can you rely on LBJ to be that guy next year is unknown. He wouldn’t be able to do that for the whole game is for sure.

If we signed Otto Porter Jr with the MLE and trade THT for Grant/Caruso/KCP then I think we would be the favourite to win it all.

Just ask yourself, with your lineup, who’s going to defend Curry and Thompson, or Holiday and Middleton?

That's why you have Bron-Kyrie-AD, that's the best trio in the league. Thomas Bryant is a starter, 40+% 3pt shooters
Nunn can be argued as borderline starter
I think that starting line up is a definite contender
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I don’t.

That's why you have Bron-Kyrie-AD, that's the best trio in the league. Thomas Bryant is a starter, 40+% 3pt shooters

Check out Thomas Bryant’s stat last season, it was not impressive. I don’t think he was even the starter last season too. Hoping he is the same player as prior to the injury is not realistic. Nunn was nearly out of the regular lineup during Miami’s championship run.

The trio is very good in offense but defense wins you the champion. We do not have enough defensive players on this team. Our supporting cast can run and that’s pretty much it. Let’s not forget, no other teams have interest to take Irving and there’s a reason for it
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:03 am    Post subject:

2 crappy picks and Westbrook is a steal for one of the better scorers in NBA history.

He's cray
But he can play!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I don’t.

Check out Thomas Bryant’s stat last season, it was not impressive. I don’t think he was even the starter last season too. Hoping he is the same player as prior to the injury is not realistic. Nunn was nearly out of the regular lineup during Miami’s championship run.

The trio is very good in offense but defense wins you the champion. We do not have enough defensive players on this team. Our supporting cast can run and that’s pretty much it. Let’s not forget, no other teams have interest to take Irving and there’s a reason for it

Yeah, we are buying low or trying to buy low on Kyrie and Bryant. I do hope Bryant has recovered, I think he did play the last 20+ games with Wizard and with couple more months of rehab, cross your fingers
Regarding defense, we should be decent if the trio is healthy, AD is that good defensively.
We just doesn't see the same that having Kyrie in the line up elevates this team so much, and T.Bryant to a certain extent, literally opens up the floor for Bron/AD to attack (which is unstoppable).
I say go for it, go get Kyrie at all cost and contend
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

I think the right price is a pick and a pick swap.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
I think the right price is a pick and a pick swap.

or some worthwhile protections.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: