OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't know if Rob can really walk away from the Kyrie deal, unless it's so spectacularly absurd against the Lakers.

This is the 2nd time he's negotiating for Kyrie in a week. I think the Lakers-Russ relationship is toast. How can Russ be happy about this situation at all?

Plus, the roster signings seem to be predicated with having Kyrie. Our spacing, at the moment, looks worse than last years. This seems to chip away at our leverage when negotiating with Brooklyn.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

Xfactor wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't know if Rob can really walk away from the Kyrie deal, unless it's so spectacularly absurd against the Lakers.

This is the 2nd time he's negotiating for Kyrie in a week. I think the Lakers-Russ relationship is toast. How can Russ be happy about this situation at all?

Plus, the roster signings seem to be predicated with having Kyrie. Our spacing, at the moment, looks worse than last years. This seems to chip away at our leverage when negotiating with Brooklyn.

Bingo. Kinda wished we did the Kyrie trade first, and told Lonnie that we would sign him. Seems like we already were going to sign him from the looks of it.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

Although I would prefer he signed taller wing free agents, at least the current roster is definitely younger and can run
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Redeem urself Rob
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Although I would prefer he signed taller wing free agents, at least the current roster is definitely younger and can run

Cant figure out what Rob is doing. When he arrived as GM, he kept preaching getting younger, having assets and being competitive.

LBJ arrives and we gut the youth movement for AD deal package (which is fine)
But to win a title, and go out to get Westbrook's atrocious contract and give away whatever tradeable, attractive asset we had, plus lost one of our most coveted assets in Caruso in the process is mind blowing.

Now we return to getting younger players on short deals because of their wrong doings.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Cant figure out what Rob is doing. When he arrived as GM, he kept preaching getting younger, having assets and being competitive.

But to win a title, and go out to get Westbrook's atrocious contract and give away whatever tradeable, attractive asset we had, plus lost one of our most coveted assets in Caruso in the process is mind blowing.

Now we return to getting younger players on short deals because of their wrong doings.

I’m hoping that these are the young guys willing to sign a one yr, keeping 2023 cap open for Kyrie and Bron. Rob better make this happen
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

Sorry to be outspoken, but dude getting props for being absolute ass of late??? I guess I’ve seen stranger things. And yep, I’m willing to die on this hill.

Speaking of which, that Kate Bush joint should be our anthem next season getting back to title contention 🤞🏼
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Pelinka's Rules:

1. Every offseason have a single theme (course correcting for last year).
2. Bring back a player you shouldn't have let go previously.
3. Preserve future cap space large enough for a star player.
4. Have a plan for your exception, once that falls through, use it for a Klutch player who didn't get the deal they wanted.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Sorry to be outspoken, but dude getting props for being absolute ass of late??? I guess I’ve seen stranger things. And yep, I’m willing to die on this hill.

Speaking of which, that Kate Bush joint should be our anthem next season getting back to title contention 🤞🏼

I like that he is actually negotiating and seems to be looking towards the future, but I respect your point a view. It's understandable.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject:

For all the crap we heard about a riff between the Lakers front office and Klutch, that all seems to be BS with their latest aquisitions. Rob and Klutch seem to be as strong as ever.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Pelinka's Rules:

4. Have a plan for your exception, once that falls through, use it for a Klutch player who didn't get the deal they wanted.

So true. At first I attributed it to inexperience, but by now he should have a better understanding of how to build a team.

It just seems like such a simplistic approach. He keeps looking in the rear-view mirror but he should think about where he's going occasionally too.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Lost confidence in Rob, JTA at start of free agency? Walker full tpMLE at start of free agency? 8 Klutch players? Perhaps we can get lucky like a championship from the AD trade overpay with a Kyrie addition..,but I’ve lost confidence in the front office’s ability to reliably construct a contender without some miracle homer run.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Just something interesting to note. If we do end up dealing Russ/THT for Kyrie Harris, other than LeBron and Davis the only other players who were on the roster to start last season would be Reaves (undrafted rookie) and Nunn (never played a game). We also have a new coaching staff save Phil Handy.

That's part of Pelinka's method. He keeps things fluid so he can always "fix" the problem. I think it was DB who said Rob always has a theme to his pickups, this year being youth and athleticism.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject:

"I think we have to walk a fine line a little bit," Stevens said then. "I think teams are fragile. I think the way teams work together and operate together are fragile. And I think your identity as a team, when you find one that's successful, which we did this year on the defensive end of the floor and when we were at our best sharing the ball offensively, those things are fragile."

I absolutely believe that these are very insightful words that apply to our current mess. I also believe that a lack of understanding of what Stevens speaks to is part of Pelinka's flawed approach. Our identity in 2020 was that of a long, athletic, and big team.

From that we changed our identity when we signed a selfish, playing for my next contract Harrell (he did not "operate" well together with anyone), and someone in Schroder who was not as good as he thought he was. We had KCP AND Alex Caruso AND have neither of them today.

I would think an executive in his position would have a say so in the Westbrook trade talks, and if he did, and didn't strongly object, he was either misguided or spineless. Klutch is doing all the work, and so shall it be until James is gone.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Pelinka's Rules:

This is all true. Seems like every year he is course correcting from the previous year, even after winning a championship.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Jaayfra/status/1543023151902179328?t=BESb1OhhS1TX9t7afZz8bA&s=19

??? I guess only time will tell.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject:

Rob is in a bad spot. He was cutthroat as an agent. As a GM, most teams haven't forgotten and has increased the "Laker Tax" needed to improve the team. I wonder what it would have cost the Lakers to get Brogdon. Same price Boston paid? Doubtful.

I say eff them picks. We got arguably the GOAT playing for us who probably has a good 2-3 more good years in him. We got a top 5 talented big man.

Go get Kyrie. He's 30, AD is 29. So whenever Bron declines and/or leaves to go play with Bronny, the Lakers are in good hands for the next 5-7 years. Just needs to surround AD and Kyrie with pieces.

I look at how effective 37 year old CP3 still is. Kyrie can be that for us. Plus, AD and Kyrie meet the time line of Kawhi and PG13 age wise. Clipps got Logo and an owner with bottomless pockets. And they in the same location. The Lakers brand is strong but the gap has decreased between these two franchises.

Lakers don't really develop players unless we draft somebody like Kobe. Give up them picks.

If they can somehow get Seth Curry or Joe Harris in the deal too? Extends the championship window at least 3 more years.

Eff them picks.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

Should have been fired last year. His GMing last summer is GMing malpractice.

He traded 3 reasonable assets on fair contracts and a first round pick for a top 3 worst contract in the NBA that was a horrendous fit player wise and can't be moved now.

He let two guys leave that the team had Bird rights on leaving them with 2 fewer tradable or playable assets.

He then goes out and puts together one of the worst constructed rosters in NBA history literally with 9 small guards on it.

But he picked a good place to work in. He's part of the inner circle of our dunce owner. So his job is safe.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Rob is in a bad spot. He was cutthroat as an agent. As a GM, most teams haven't forgotten and has increased the "Laker Tax" needed to improve the team. I wonder what it would have cost the Lakers to get Brogdon. Same price Boston paid? Doubtful.

I say eff them picks. We got arguably the GOAT playing for us who probably has a good 2-3 more good years in him. We got a top 5 talented big man.

Go get Kyrie. He's 30, AD is 29. So whenever Bron declines and/or leaves to go play with Bronny, the Lakers are in good hands for the next 5-7 years. Just needs to surround AD and Kyrie with pieces.

I look at how effective 37 year old CP3 still is. Kyrie can be that for us. Plus, AD and Kyrie meet the time line of Kawhi and PG13 age wise. Clipps got Logo and an owner with bottomless pockets. And they in the same location. The Lakers brand is strong but the gap has decreased between these two franchises.

Lakers don't really develop players unless we draft somebody like Kobe. Give up them picks.

If they can somehow get Seth Curry or Joe Harris in the deal too? Extends the championship window at least 3 more years.

Eff them picks.

1. Pelinka’s incompetence has resulted in the narratives of “lakers tax”. You didn’t hear that phrase when Mitch was the GM. When Magic made dumb trades such as Zubac for Muscala, we just called him dumb. We didn’t say it was the “lakers tax”. Pacers did do Celtics a favour with the Brogdon trade but we couldn’t construct a similar package either.

2. LBJ is old. AD is injury prone. Even with the addition of Irving, we still lack the right role players to contend. And let’s not assume Irving will automatically sign an extension with us after the trade. He left the Celtics for the Nets and then doesn’t want to play on the Nets again.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jaayfra/status/1543023151902179328?t=BESb1OhhS1TX9t7afZz8bA&s=19

??? I guess only time will tell.

Yes just want the lakers need….ANOTHER (bleep) SMALL GUARD!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Should have been fired last year. His GMing last summer is GMing malpractice.

He traded 3 reasonable assets on fair contracts and a first round pick for a top 3 worst contract in the NBA that was a horrendous fit player wise and can't be moved now.

He let two guys leave that the team had Bird rights on leaving them with 2 fewer tradable or playable assets.

He then goes out and puts together one of the worst constructed rosters in NBA history literally with 9 small guards on it.

But he picked a good place to work in. He's part of the inner circle of our dunce owner. So his job is safe.

I agree except Rob should have been fired when Magic quit…but I understand giving him a chance to see if that fiasco wasn’t his fault. However, after last’s year’s performance Rob should have been fired with Vogel.

It’s weird to criticize a championship since it’s the ultimate goal…but it was the bad to win with Vogel and Rob because it gave the false impression that they had something to do with it…they didn’t. We won the championships in spite of their incompetence not becomes of their input. Jason Kidd’s coaching with LBJ at point guard camouflaged Vogel’s ineptness while AD’s play with bubble rest covered up Rob’s lack of vision and the irresponsible overpay for AD. Had we struggled with Vogel and Rob instead of winning a title and then fired them both I believe we would have not only won a title anyway but we would also be competing for another one.

Correct the wrong before it’s too late and get rid of Rob today. Recind his tpMLE signings before it’s official tomorrow, sign T Bryant, and try to get BKN to allow T J Warren to change his mind with a Kyrie deal that included both pics for Seth or one pic for Harris whatever the Nets prefer.

D Jones, T Bryant, Gabriel
AD, TJ Warren, Johnson
LBJ, JTA, Brown
Harris or Seth, THT, Max
Kyrie, Nunn, Reeves

- Jones and Bryant split time to see who emerges as the starter at C
- Warren backs up AD at PF and LBJ at SF
- Consider Brown as possible defensive presence at SG with starters
- Harris/Seth key offense for second unit if defense needed with starters
- Evaluate THT and Reeves as 3rd PG/SG the other development mode
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

This guy is 🗑 trash. He also seems so fake when he talks and was a snake as an agent. Move on
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
I wonder what it would have cost the Lakers to get Brogdon. Same price Boston paid? Doubtful.

The only way we could match the Celtics offer was offering a 1st round pick with THT, Nunn, Johnson, Gabriel, and Reeves (everyone we have under contract except for Lebron, AD, and Westbrook).

Can't imagine we would have done that.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
This guy is 🗑 trash. He also seems so fake when he talks and was a snake as an agent. Move on

I guess you don't value Kobe's opinion then, huh ?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

I guess you don't value Kobe's opinion then, huh ?

Nope. Why do you? Did you know him personally? Probably not. Lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 186 of 243
Jump to: