Beal

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Beal

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34169016/washington-wizards-star-bradley-beal-declines-364-million-player-option-agent-says

If this SHOOTER would sign a one year deal with us & accept 6 mill or whatever MLE is, I’d be ECSTATIC than when Russ is gone we could resign him OMG!!! 😎🤪😎🤪😎Not gonna happen but ya never know… 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

In the meantime Harden declines 47 mill, WHAT???
HC: Riley
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Brad Beal for the mid level? That would answer the question of who starts at shooting guard.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject:

c'mon man...sure that would be amazing, but so would Durant demanding a trade to the Lakers for Westbrook and the Nets actually doing it. The Beal move is only slightly more likely.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Malone & Payton came and accepted peanuts compared to what they could have earned elsewhere and now we expect other stars to do it. Beal is 29 & not over the hill. I won’t say he won’t accept crumbs the Lakers are offering, but if he does, it’ll be an unmatched sacrifice up to this point. Common sense tells me there’s no reason he’ll do it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Back in reality, he just resigned for 5 years, 250M. Holy cow, that's a lot of money for a mother-(bleep) that isn't going to get you anywhere.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Back in reality, he just resigned for 5 years, 250M. Holy cow, that's a lot of money for a mother-(bleep) that isn't going to get you anywhere.

This. Even when he was scoring 30+ PPG, I never saw Beal as a 1st or 2nd team All-NBA guy. Maybe a "3rd best player on a championship team" type, but certainly not a supermax player.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Dude won the lottery and is basically a Wizard for life. The way the NBA is currently setup theres teams where superstars are teaming up and taking less than max money to do it. Beal is on the other side, where you have a team that has plenty of money that isn't attractive to a lot of players and they need good players to fill the roster.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

This. Even when he was scoring 30+ PPG, I never saw Beal as a 1st or 2nd team All-NBA guy. Maybe a "3rd best player on a championship team" type, but certainly not a supermax player.

Imagine Westbrick and Beal at their current salaries on the same team like they were. $100M a year for these two (bleep)-faces.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject:

If the NBA would get rid of the supermax system, what would happen is a few elite players might make 80 million a year, but then the non-elite guys wouldn’t get paid anywhere close to that.

The supermax system basically takes money from the elite, and makes the above average vastly overpaid. I remember when Mike Conley was the highest paid player in the league. I’m surprised the players Union ever agrees to this bc it ends up rookies and the elite are underpaid, while the middle class are way overpaid
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
If the NBA would get rid of the supermax system, what would happen is a few elite players might make 80 million a year, but then the non-elite guys wouldn’t get paid anywhere close to that.

The supermax system basically takes money from the elite, and makes the above average vastly overpaid. I remember when Mike Conley was the highest paid player in the league. I’m surprised the players Union ever agrees to this bc it ends up rookies and the elite are underpaid, while the middle class are way overpaid

Spot on. That said, the middle class make up the majority so it's pretty much is what it is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: