Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

Stranger Things released the first 7/9 episodes on Netflix a week or two ago. This is probably the best season so far, and the end of #7 is by far the best scene in the series.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject:

Reva accomplished her goal of becoming a Grand Inquisitor. I haven't been following the show. I'm catching up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reva accomplished her goal of becoming a Grand Inquisitor. I haven't been following the show. I'm catching up.

I think you'll enjoy the rest of the series and the way it ends. It was way more satisfying than how they left things at the end of Revenge of the Sith.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Beavis and Butt Head Do the Universe is one of the best sequels of all time. Try not to laugh so hard you choke on your snacks. It’s on Paramount plus
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think you'll enjoy the rest of the series and the way it ends. It was way more satisfying than how they left things at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

I did enjoy the ending. I found out why Reva was intent on destroying Obi-Wan. Glad she wasn't really a villainess. I think there will be a Season II.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't like the cowboy genre. In general.

But even I have to admit. 1883 is legit.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

The cowboy genre is my favorite. I'm a western fanatic.

I just started binging on Hanna. I did season all 8 episodes season 1. Season 2 looks promising.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I just started binging on Hanna. I did season all 8 episodes season 1. Season 2 looks promising.

On the final episode of 1883 now. I swear my neighbors are cutting onions or something.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

On the final episode of 1883 now. I swear my neighbors are cutting onions or something.

Sam Elliott has aged. His voice is likened to James Earl Jones and Morgan Freeman. There will be a season II.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

Finished Hanna. It's a good series. It's my understanding it was adopted from the film of that name, Hanna. I'm gonna watch the movie to see how closely the series followed its script.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Caught up on Only Murders In The Building. It aired 3 episodes. It has great 1 liners. I think the series has potential for a 3rd season.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Stranger Things released the first 7/9 episodes on Netflix a week or two ago. This is probably the best season so far, and the end of #7 is by far the best scene in the series.

I just finished season 1. I am all in.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

While it was entertaining, I didn't think it was the best season. Frankly, a huge part of the charm of the first season was seeing the kids on a voyage of discovery. Every nerd that grew up in the 80s imagined they were in the tyeps of adventures these kids went through (it's why Goonies is so iconic to those of us that were kids in that era). That innocence isn't there any longer.

Agreed on episode 7 ending being fantastic. Final episode kind of felt like a slog to me. The last few episodes after 7 with the teens trying to emote was very, very cringey. Star Wars Episode 2 caliber writing/acting during those scenes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I just finished season 1. I am all in.
I finished season 1. I started season 2 E1. I fell asleep after the bridge scene. I'll get back to it sometime today.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

The terminal list on Amazon prime, excellent! Fantasy baby momma constancely looking wunderful
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

Gonna binge Vigil today. I have a feeling it's better than the 7.4 IMDB gives it. But we'll see.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Caught up on Only Murders In The Building. It aired 3 episodes. It has great 1 liners. I think the series has potential for a 3rd season.

I thoroughly enjoy this show. I think it was the first episode of this recent season that Michael Rappaport's cop character went off on the direction the Howard Stern show has taken, which, if you listen to the Stern Show, you know Rappaport has been a regular listener/contributor for years. Art imitating life.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Finished Hanna. It's a good series. It's my understanding it was adopted from the film of that name, Hanna. I'm gonna watch the movie to see how closely the series followed its script.

The movie is good too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The movie is good too.

Yes, it is. It doesn't follow the series at all.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Just finished the third season of Barry, which I think is the best season of the show.

It's even more remarkable when you realize that Bill Hader directed some episodes (in addition to creating the show and writing most of the episodes with his partner), and the episodes he directed (especially the final episode of the season) were better than the ones he didn't direct. What a talent.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The movie is good too.

Probably because there was no series when it was made.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The movie is good too.

Probably because there was no series when it was made.

I mean the movie and series aren't close to following the same plot and the series was adapted from the film.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Just finished the third season of Barry, which I think is the best season of the show.

It's even more remarkable when you realize that Bill Hader directed some episodes (in addition to creating the show and writing most of the episodes with his partner), and the episodes he directed (especially the final episode of the season) were better than the ones he didn't direct. What a talent.

I'm trying to limit how many shows I watch before they finish/are cancelled while focusing more on movies, but I finally had to break down after seeing reactions to the third season. After binging all three seasons over the past few weeks, I agree the third season does rise highest. I have no idea how they're going to do season 4 - maybe Barry meets Oz? - but I love seeing movie nerd Hader stretching his directorial muscles and learning what he can do behind camera (like the dirt bike chase or strangling scene!)

I read that the final shot of Bunny and Henry Winkler didn't come to him/wasn't scripted, but he saw the house where the final scenes take place and improvised that incredible season ending on location. That's great instincts and talent from Hader.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject:

The Rehearsal, man. "Genius" shouldn't be thrown around willy nilly, so I am fully committed to recognizing Nathan Fielder as a comedic genius. He's more than earned it by now.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject:

Watched the first episode of The Old Man last night. Good stuff. But what's not to love about Jeff Bridges playing a former CIA operative gone off the grid and John Lithgow being charged with bringing him back in to face his past deeds . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 83 of 110
Jump to: