OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8003, 8004, 8005 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Wizards have been willing to discuss Kyle Kuzma in trade conversations, per @JakeLFischer

I want kuzma back for tht

Looks like extension talks broke down.

Said it last week... I see KUZ as one of the guys coming back in 2023 free agency.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
As @JakeLFischer reported, the Hawks have discussed a trade involving John Collins and Spurs guard Dejounte Murray but I’m told it’s not close to happening yet.

Not saying it won’t happen, just not close this second.

https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1539799004313276424?t=WmADZFhkJ72AWdTsRWibzA&s=19

Haha Looks like Dennis and 2019 owe an apology

For what? What has he broken?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I prefer KCP over Kuzma if we had a choice to get either 1
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
As @JakeLFischer reported, the Hawks have discussed a trade involving John Collins and Spurs guard Dejounte Murray but I’m told it’s not close to happening yet.

https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1539799004313276424?t=WmADZFhkJ72AWdTsRWibzA&s=19

I’m not saying he isn’t gonna be wrong at times but it’s obvious he has connections.. a lot of people support his work.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Both guys will be available in 2023...
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s looking like both guys are available right now!
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Wizards have been willing to discuss Kyle Kuzma in trade conversations, per @JakeLFischer

I want kuzma back for tht

Looks like extension talks broke down.

Said it last week... I see KUZ as one of the guys coming back in 2023 free agency.

kuz at $25m/yr is gonna be the big fa signing by the lakers next year
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
kuz at $25m/yr is gonna be the big fa signing by the lakers next year

I wouldn't mind seeing Kuzma back but if not for $25m a year. He's a $15-20m player at the absolute most unless he turns into a sharpshooter. He's a below average three point shooter on his career. His rebounding has improved some, his defense has improved a lot. And he has a tendency to disappear in the playoffs. I think his current contract is about the right price level and that's $13m per season.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

We want both for Terry Rozier and a 2nd round pick.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nah, give me Kuz between those two for the extra size alone. Our two biggest void areas of concern last season were players to replace the defensive and rebounding size/athleticism of Kuzma and Markieff.

If we get Kuz back, that leaves one more significant role player slot to fill (defensive PF). Everything else can fall into place after that, especially if we can unload WB's contract somehow.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nah, give me Kuz between those two for the extra size alone. Our two biggest void areas of concern last season were players to replace the defensive and rebounding size/athleticism of Kuzma and Markieff.

If we get Kuz back, that leaves one more significant role player slot to fill (defensive PF). Everything else can fall into place after that, especially if we can unload WB's contract somehow.

Sure, Kuzma would help.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

The Jerami Grant trade included a 2nd round pick in tomorrows draft going to Detroit, so it's a trade that happened now in part because it includes a pick for the draft.

I don't expect something major to happen for the Lakers until the Kyrie situation is resolved at the earliest. I know one of the reports are saying the Lakers aren't strongly going after Kyrie, but I don't believe that at all. It's in the current Lakers' front office's nature to go star-hunting.

The only thing that may happen is that the Lakers acquire a 2nd round pick. I've been told 2nd picks are too valuable nowadays to be sold for cash considerations. But, the Lakers could use future 2nd(s) as well depending on how badly they want a 2nd round pick tomorrow.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie had a big shoe deal with Nike, right? What's Kyrie's net worth right now? I wouldn't be surprised if he opted out and left all that money behind in order to compete for another championship with Lebron. KD did it. Why would we be surprised if Kyrie did it too?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Kyrie had a big shoe deal with Nike, right? What's Kyrie's net worth right now? I wouldn't be surprised if he opted out and left all that money behind in order to compete for another championship with Lebron. KD did it. Why would we be surprised if Kyrie did it too?

This is a potentially interesting wrinkle. Reports are that Nike is going to drop Kyrie.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33909709/nike-unlikely-extend-deal-kyrie-irving-2022-23-season-sources-say

This is purely speculative on my part, but a re-energized Kyrie, playing for the Lakers, might change things on that end. I still think he ends up with the Nets.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Kyrie's net worth is estimated to be $90MM. Just to compare, KD's is $200MM.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I don't think it's championship or $$$ that motivates Kyrie

The guy is different
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This is a potentially interesting wrinkle. Reports are that Nike is going to drop Kyrie.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33909709/nike-unlikely-extend-deal-kyrie-irving-2022-23-season-sources-say

This is purely speculative on my part, but a re-energized Kyrie, playing for the Lakers, might change things on that end. I still think he ends up with the Nets.

Good point.
Being on the Lakers will definitely up his brand.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Good point.

From that article.

Quote:
In July, Irving lashed out on social media about the design of the Nike Kyrie 8 edition of his shoe, calling it "trash" and insisting that "I have nothing to do with the design or marketing" and that "Nike plans to release it without my okay."

Days later, Irving issued a statement tempering those words, but that episode certainly did little to lay the groundwork for another deal centered on his signature shoe series.

Man, Kyrie really has beef with everyone
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Maybe those are the FAs we've been keeping our cap space clear for.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Good point.

From that article.

Quote:
In July, Irving lashed out on social media about the design of the Nike Kyrie 8 edition of his shoe, calling it "trash" and insisting that "I have nothing to do with the design or marketing" and that "Nike plans to release it without my okay."

Days later, Irving issued a statement tempering those words, but that episode certainly did little to lay the groundwork for another deal centered on his signature shoe series.

Man, Kyrie really has beef with everyone

Playing for the Lakers would certainly help his brand but how much more does it help it than playing for BKN? I love the dots being connected, and i think its fair to do that but Kyrie to the Lakers its just sooooooooooo hard to actually believe
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Changing team wont help Kyrie's image tbh. He needs to man up opt in and prove himself next season without turning his back on another team. Then next summer Nets will have to pay him his max because other teams would.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I’m not saying he isn’t gonna be wrong at times but it’s obvious he has connections.. a lot of people support his work.

If you're calling us out, you better come with more than "a lot of people support his work" and a dude on twitter.

Like I said, he puts out reports on about 30 people/teams all at once and hopes something sticks. His target audience is people just like you who foam at the mouth for any little bit go juicy gossip. And places like Bleacher Report or RealGM who's business is built on ad revenue, clicks, and users, share those stories on their platforms because of said foaming mouth people like you help pay their bills. It's a vicious cycle and you're low hanging fruit.

When he actually reports something that happens the way he said it would, come find me. Til then, stay foamy my friend.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:02 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We want both for Terry Rozier and a 2nd round pick.

So trade Russ to MJ for Hayward and Rozier and flip
Rosier and THT for Kuz and KCp? We get Monk back for the TPMLE.

Monk Nunn
KCP Reeves
Hayward Johnson
LBJ Kuz
Davis

Charlotte clears the dockets for Bridges, Washington. LaMelo signings in back to back to back years.
Washington get a running mate with Beal in Scary Terry and sees if THT hits, and frees up a big rotation of Rui, Gafford and Porky

You reading this Rob,Mitch and Tommy? Of course you are!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject:

I think I get it.

DC board moderator

That's the beauty of moving veteran assets (Kuzma, KCP) to go up. Not only to we land a better draft pick, but we also make it harder to win in the short term without that veteran help. So it helps us tank in 2022/23.

DC is trying to include Kyle with #10 to move up in the draft.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:27 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
The Jerami Grant trade included a 2nd round pick in tomorrows draft going to Detroit, so it's a trade that happened now in part because it includes a pick for the draft.

I don't expect something major to happen for the Lakers until the Kyrie situation is resolved at the earliest. I know one of the reports are saying the Lakers aren't strongly going after Kyrie, but I don't believe that at all. It's in the current Lakers' front office's nature to go star-hunting.

The only thing that may happen is that the Lakers acquire a 2nd round pick. I've been told 2nd picks are too valuable nowadays to be sold for cash considerations. But, the Lakers could use future 2nd(s) as well depending on how badly they want a 2nd round pick tomorrow.

I’d rather have Brogdon & Hield than Kyrie drama. Two for one, not a problem!
Plus ship TNT for a real wing player not an undersized one. TNT doesn’t fit with LBJ, Russ team.
HC: Riley
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8003, 8004, 8005 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8004 of 8560
Jump to: