General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Boxing superstar Naoya 'Monster' Inoue adds WBC bantamweight title, improves to 23-0 with second-round KO of Nonito Donaire
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Boxing superstar Naoya 'Monster' Inoue adds WBC bantamweight title, improves to 23-0 with second-round KO of Nonito Donaire

Canelo-40 yr old GGG... could be same
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

This is Saul's way out of the rematch. He knows he can't beat Dmitry. His camp knows that too. I hope Bivol doesn't give in. I've lost a lot of respect for Canelo.

If 40 years of GGG beats Canelo his reputation will swirl counterclockwise in the proverbial bowl.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Quote:
Alvarez wants Bivol to rematch at 168. That's not happening. Bivol might make that weight but ee would be weight drained. What is the point of challenging for the 175 belts if you aren't fighting at 175. Just a way of getting out of the rematch IMO.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Was a pretty left right to the temple/forehead. Had Donaire shook. Dude is definitely overlooked because he’s in the lower classes and definitely well deserved of that top ten p4p. Maybe top five.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This is Saul's way out of the rematch. He knows he can't beat Dmitry. His camp knows that too. I hope Bivol doesn't give in. I've lost a lot of respect for Canelo.

If 40 years of GGG beats Canelo his reputation will swirl counterclockwise in the proverbial bowl.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Quote:
Alvarez wants Bivol to rematch at 168. That's not happening. Bivol might make that weight but ee would be weight drained. What is the point of challenging for the 175 belts if you aren't fighting at 175. Just a way of getting out of the rematch IMO.

Pretty much. They have to stop with the catch weights altogether. If that is true, that’s the dumbest (bleep) I ever heard. We’re gonna fight for your 175 lb titles at 168. Bivol would be drained as hell. Dude probably walks around at 190. Now he gotta come down to 68? That would be suicide.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Romero got KDFO . That was a vicious one punch left hook KO. He ran right into it. Rolando's legs looked like classic rubber legs. He got to his feet but he didn't know where he was. He was wobbly as hell. David Fields did the right thing by stopping the fight. Romero was defenseless. Rolando didn't protest at all. He knew he was cooked.

Romero talked a lot of smack before the fight. Things like I'm gonna make him quit on his stool, I'm gonna kick his ass. I'm gonna beat da ish outa him. At the end of the fight he didn't do an interview. He left the ring immediately.

Jim Gray went to his dressing room and he still wouldn't do an interview. Honestly, I think he was still on queer street. I don't think he'd recovered. He also had to be embarrassed after talking all that smack.

Fight was supposed to be at Staples (yeah I still call it Staples) but Rollie went through that BS and we were heated. Still a great atmosphere and Cruz fought well. In this fight, it took Tank some time just to figure out that awkward ass style and he clipped him. It’s now time for him to run 135 or 140. He holds a secondary belt and he needs to go and get with Haney. Ryan Garcia would probably present the biggest check. I think that’s why he called out Ryan. These belts don’t mean as much as they used to. All about that check.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Resume fight for Canelo. Looks good seeing a W next to GGG’s name even if he’s 40. Would be better if the W was by Benavidez. That’s who he needs to conquer.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inoue and Donaire II

Quote:
will meet again to unify three bantamweight world titles Tuesday in Saitama, Japan (ESPN+, 5:30 a.m. ET, with the main event expected at 8:15 a.m. ET).

Inoue ranked #3 pound for pound right now

Quote:
1) Usyk
2) Crawford
3) Inoue
4) Spence
5) Estrada

6) Canelo
7) Lomachenko
8) Bivol
9) Taylor
10) Jermell Charlo

11) Gonzalez
12) Fury
13) Davis
14) GGG
15) Joshua

16) Stevenson
17) Wilder
18) Beterbiev

Wonder why no Fury in the top 10

Should be. take out Loma and put in Fury
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Resume fight for Canelo. Looks good seeing a W next to GGG’s name even if he’s 40. Would be better if the W was by Benavidez. That’s who he needs to conquer.

That's the fight I want to see or Jermall Charlo. Beat one of these guys and he'll regain my respect.

David's record 26 0 0 23 KOs is impressive. I don't know the quality of his opponents.

Jermall rec 32 0 22 KO. He's 32. He got cut in last fight for the first time in his career and showed his warrior spirit.

A win against GGG at this stage of his career wouldn't impress me one bit. Gennady's past his prime. His name has slipped from prominence. He's a fighter that was too good so he was ducked until he was up in age.

Can't wait for Spence Crawford. I like Bud because of his heart but Errol ain't no joke.

Where da hell you been doughboy? LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/08/boxer-simiso-buthelezi-dies-after-scary-in-ring-incident/

Quote:

Tragic news ... South African boxer Simiso Buthelezi -- who became disoriented during a fight over the weekend and began punching thin air -- has died.

Boxing South Africa confirmed the awful news Wednesday morning -- saying Buthelezi passed away on Tuesday night at a hospital in Durban.

He was just 24 years old.

Buthelezi had been initially hospitalized on Sunday following a terrifying scene in a boxing tournament in Greyville, Durban.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

^ Dude...that is scary.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

That's the fight I want to see or Jermall Charlo. Beat one of these guys and he'll regain my respect.

David's record 26 0 0 23 KOs is impressive. I don't know the quality of his opponents.

Jermall rec 32 0 22 KO. He's 32. He got cut in last fight for the first time in his career and showed his warrior spirit.

A win against GGG at this stage of his career wouldn't impress me one bit. Gennady's past his prime. His name has slipped from prominence. He's a fighter that was too good so he was ducked until he was up in age.

Can't wait for Spence Crawford. I like Bud because of his heart but Errol ain't no joke.

Where da hell you been doughboy? LINK

Man. I missed y’all as well. Had to get some stuff squared away and working all the time. I’ll definitely shoot through more. Buy everything is good. Just need to get these Lakers right.

As far as 168, Canelo is undisputed but that run through 68 really wasn’t impressive. If any of the three guys he fought didn’t have belts, would he had fought them?? I give him credit for unifying 68 but getting those belts against Plant, Benavidez and Andrade maybe had looked better. 168 is also really thin. Hell, Benavidez’s resume isn’t that good because 168 is just so empty. He smashed Lemieux who was damaged year ago.

Charlo would have to move up to fight Benavidez and he would be a lot smaller because Benavidez is damn near a 75er. Dude is a huge 68er. And I think that’s why Canelo went the DAZN road and not go against Charlo and Benavidez. That would be two tough ass fights.

And everyone want Bud and Errol. Can’t wait for that one. Hopefully not on October 8 because I’m supposed to be checking out Elton John in Frisco.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^ Dude...that is scary.

Nuts. This is why guys don’t care about belts as much. It’s about that check because you never know when something like this will happen.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Usyk vs Joshua 2 - Aug 20

Quote:
Joshua vs Usyk 2 was originally planned to be held in May but the ongoing situation in Ukraine put that on hold.

Usyk travelled back to his home country and joined the military in the defence of Ukraine after the Russian invasion which began in February.

The 35-year-old has now received permission from his country’s sports minister to return to his training camp and gear up for the epic rematch with AJ.

Quote:
Joshua vs Usyk 2: Date and start time

The fight was originally expected to take place in late July but the exact date is now set to be Saturday, August 20.

Saudi Arabia is the frontrunner to host the rematch, with an public announcement set to be made soon.

Re: Tyson Fury

Quote:
However, Fury has since admitted he would face the winner of Joshua vs Usyk 2 in a huge unification bout later this year if the money was right.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/957137/anthony-joshua-vs-oleksandr-usyk-rematch-date-start-time-live-stream-tv-channel-ppv-location-eddie-hearn/amp/
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

The money will be right for that heavyweight unification bout. Joshua needs to step up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject:

Danny Garcia spanked Jose Benavidez. I didn't give Jose a round, maybe round 9. I wonder if Canelo will fight either of the Benavidez brothers?

You may want to turn the volume down LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

Teofimo Lopez Jr. vs. Pedro Campa. 7:00 PST. This is Teo's first fight since losing to Kambosos This fight will either put him back in the mix or make the comeback trail difficult to traverse. I haven't seen Campa. He has an impressive record. 34-1-1 22KO.

Teo could have died fighting Kambosos LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Xander Zayas (14-0, 10 KOs) vs Elias Espadas (22-5, 15 KOs). Zayas is an up-and-coming Puterican fighter. He showed good skills. I thought the call was too quick. Espadas got right up and he wasn't wobbling.

Teo got a 7th-round TKO but he needs to get back into the gym and train. He didn't look like the Teo of old.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Uysk beat Joshua with a split decision. I had it 116 114 Uysk.

Nico Ali Walsh ( Muhammad Ali's grandson) 6 0 0 5 KOs is real. He got a 2nd round ko over Reyes Sanchez 7 2 0 with a vicious liver shot. He has a way to go but he looks good. Waiting to see how he does with stiffer competition.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

Hope following Canelo - GGG, we also get Usyk - Fury AND AJ - Wilder

Man, before these guys got too old like GGG
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

GGG's problem was he was too good. He was knocking everybody out. No one with any real ranking wanted to face him. They waited until they thought he was too old to be a threat.

I hope he beats Canelo. Alverez is going to rush him as he did in the 2nd fight. GGG has to box him as Bivol did. Dmitry frustrated Canelo. He kept him off balance. Canelo showed warrior spirit and a granite chin. I'm wondering how much GGG has left in the tank.

Usyk - Fury would be a great fight. I give Fury a slight edge, he's as good a boxer and has more power. AJ - Wilder would be a who lands the first power punch and who has the best chin.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I hope this fight comes to fruition. I give Bud a slight edge because of he warrior heart.

Sources: Errol Spence Jr., Terence Crawford agree to terms for potential Nov. 19 megafight

LINK

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bookmakers made Terence Crawford a favourite against Errol Spence Jr in a potential future contest between the pair, when they last released odds on January 1, 1970.

He is currently 7/10 (-142) to win the contest outright, while you can get 23/20 (+114) on Errol Spence Jr if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 56% chance of Crawford winning while giving Spence Jr a 44% chance.

Crawford opened as the favourite at 4/5 (-125) however, that price has now got wider by -9/10 (+111).

Spence Jr opened at 19/20 (-105) which has shorten by 6/-5 (+83).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

GGG's problem was he was too good. He was knocking everybody out. No one with any real ranking wanted to face him. They waited until they thought he was too old to be a threat.

I hope he beats Canelo. Alverez is going to rush him as he did in the 2nd fight. GGG has to box him as Bivol did. Dmitry frustrated Canelo. He kept him off balance. Canelo showed warrior spirit and a granite chin. I'm wondering how much GGG has left in the tank.

Usyk - Fury would be a great fight. I give Fury a slight edge, he's as good a boxer and has more power. AJ - Wilder would be a who lands the first power punch and who has the best chin.

Got a feeling somebody getting knocked out this saturday. Rooting for the underdog, triple G!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

Got a feeling somebody getting knocked out this saturday. Rooting for the underdog, triple G!

If it goes to the cards Canelo will win. He's the cash cow.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 502 of 514
Jump to: