🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Here we go, Packers move up to #34. Has to be a WR.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Yep, Christian Watson goes to the Packers.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Jets move up ahead of Houston to get Breece Hall. Looks like Atlanta has moved up to #38. With Seattle on the clock at 40 and 41, I wonder if Atlanta is looking at one of the QB's.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LOL, Seattle is a clown show. A 2nd Round RB.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

OK, the story of yesterday was Aidan Hutchinson's Mom, but I digress.

Why has no one taken Nakobe Dean yet?

And obviously the QBs in this draft were not highly valued at all.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
OK, the story of yesterday was Aidan Hutchinson's Mom, but I digress.

Why has no one taken Nakobe Dean yet?

And obviously the QBs in this draft were not highly valued at all.

The league definitely hates this QB crop, clearly. I'm pretty stunned. I agree on Dean. My nephew is an Eagles fan and I'm watching the draft with him at my parents' house right now. If Philly can get Dean, he is going to be over the moon.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

This is a good draft to grab a 5-7 round QB to develop
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network that teams are concerned about Nakobe Dean medically. Apparently he has a torn/strained pec that he opted not to have surgery on, and as he's already undersized, it explains his slide.
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network that teams are concerned about Nakobe Dean medically. Apparently he has a torn/strained pec that he opted not to have surgery on, and as he's already undersized, it explains his slide.

Thanks.. that's why i logged in to try to find out (what's the scoop).

Funny, i was worried Ojabo might slide due to his injury but he still went pretty high.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Stu, the Eagles get Dean for your nephew after all!

Great pick at that spot, my gf grew up in Philly and loves/hates the Eagles of course, but I promised her this guy will bring it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Matt Corral is the only youth player that I coached who has been drafted in the NFL.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Willis and Corral are complete and utter steals. If they fail, it's a 3rd Round pick, and the upside far surpasses the downside at the points they were taken.

Yes, my nephew was ecstatic! As Daniel Jeremiah pointed out on NFL Network, if he doesn't play a snap this year and has the surgery and redshirts, the pick is still well worth it because he'll be that good when healthy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see ap's take on the Patriots' draft. Looks like the early picks were reaches, and they are cornering the market on guards and running backs! Maybe a 4-RB set offense?

I know Belichick is the GOAT coach, but their drafting lately, I don't know, folks.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/04/seahawks-buccaneers-will-play-nfls-first-regular-season-game-in-germany/

Quote:
Seahawks, Buccaneers will play NFL’s first regular season game in Germany

We’ve known for some time that the Buccaneers would be playing in the NFL’s first regular season game in Germany during the 2022 season and we found out the identity of their opponents on Wednesday morning.

The NFL announced that the Bucs will be squaring off against the Seahawks. The game will take place at Allianz Arena in Munich on November 13.

The Bucs will be the “home” team for the game, which will kick off a 9:30 a.m. ET. Tampa is one of four teams that holds international marketing rights in Germany. The Panthers, Chiefs and Patriots are also in that group.

Other international games in London and Mexico City are expected to be announced on Wednesday and the full schedule will be revealed on May 12.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

Magic is joining in on an ownership bid for the Broncos.

LINK
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers legend Magic Johnson is looking to get involved with another professional sports franchise. Johnson reportedly joined a bid to buy the Denver Broncos, according to Sportico.

The bid is being led by Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris. It's unclear how much Johnson is putting up as part of the bid. Johnson, those involved with the group and Broncos representatives declined comment when reached by Sportico.

If he does end up part of an ownership group, do you think he'll provide us with breakdown and analysis of the NFL too?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Magic is joining in on an ownership bid for the Broncos.

LINK
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers legend Magic Johnson is looking to get involved with another professional sports franchise. Johnson reportedly joined a bid to buy the Denver Broncos, according to Sportico.

The bid is being led by Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris. It's unclear how much Johnson is putting up as part of the bid. Johnson, those involved with the group and Broncos representatives declined comment when reached by Sportico.

If he does end up part of an ownership group, do you think he'll provide us with breakdown and analysis of the NFL too?

Future Magic Tweet: "The Chiefs beat the Broncos with a GW TD pass from Mahomes to Kelce. That TD was worth 7 points."
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/10/tom-brady-will-become-no-1-analyst-at-fox-when-his-nfl-career-ends/

Quote:
Tom Brady will become No. 1 analyst at Fox when his NFL career ends

We don’t know when Tom Brady will stop playing football. When he does, we know what he’ll be doing.

Brady will become the No. 1 analyst at Fox Sports. Fox CEO Lachlan Murdoch made the announcement on Tuesday.

“Over the course of this long-term agreement, Tom will not only call our biggest NFL games with Kevin Burkhardt, but will also serve as an ambassador for us, particularly with respect to client and promotional initiatives,” Fox announced.

“Excited, but a lot of unfinished business on the field with the @Buccaneers,” Brady tweeted.

It’s unclear whether Brady will start working for Fox. It’s entirely possible that no specific timetable has been established, with Fox content to wait for Brady, whenever he stops playing.

Brady has one year left on his Tampa Bay contract. Whether he stays with the Bucs or joins another team will hover over the 2023 offseason.

Fox will televise two of the next three Super Bowls. It would make sense for Brady to get on board in time for the 2024 season. Still, he won’t be interested in calling any Super Bowls until he believes he’s no longer good enough to be playing in one.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tom Brady Reportedly Will Get 10-Year, $375M Contract from Fox Sports Upon Retirement

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Brady and Fox Sports have agreed to a 10-year, $375 million contract that will go into effect after the quarterback's retirement.

Earlier on Tuesday, Michael McCarthy of Front Office Sports had reported Brady was expected to earn around $200 million on a long-term contract with an annual salary between $20 million and $25 million, surpassing the $18 million mark of CBS' Tony Romo and ESPN's Troy Aikman. Now, per Marchand, Brady will reportedly have an AAV that will more than double both Romo and Aikman.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10035430-tom-brady-reportedly-will-get-10-year-375m-contract-from-fox-sports-upon-retirement
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Browns excuse Baker Mayfield from mandatory minicamp

LINK
Quote:
According to multiple reports, the Browns have now revealed their decision. Mayfield has been excused from taking part in the sessions in what the team called a mutual decision and he will not be fined for missing any sessions.

The Browns have blinked. They excused Mayfield from minicamp. I think he has the Browns by the short and curlies.

26 women have filed against Deshaun Watson for sexual abuse. I'm looking at this from a reality perch. IMO there's no way in hell that many women are lying. I don't think Watson will play this season and maybe next.

I think Baker and his camp are thinking the same thing. I think he'll be under the center in the Browns season opener.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

^
I'm not sure if Mayfield is going to be that accommodating to the Browns. We can say what we want about him as a player. But it's undeniable that he was playing through a really painful shoulder injury to stay on the field for them last season. He put his body on the line for them. And they went out and traded for a QB with the off-the-field issues. Now, it's certainly the team's right to go for an upgrade at QB, but when it's this QB in particular with the baggage, and you're Baker Mayfield, do you want to go back to this team and put your body on the line again when you know you aren't the long-term solution? That might be a tough sell, and I have no doubt that he'd rather be a starter for, say, Seattle or Carolina. But it's also fair to point out that he may not have a starting spot anywhere else in the league, that Seattle and Carolina may not want him, and that it might actually be in his best interest to put a good year of starting QB play on film with the Browns, so that he can improve his market for next year.

As I discussed on the LA Dodgers thread, I think the walls are closing in on Watson and that he's likely looking at a 2022 suspension at minimum.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject:

If Watson is found guilty besides any monetary, and suspension penalties I hope they make it mandatory that he goes to therapy.

Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson saw at least 66 massage therapists over 17-month period, report says

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Washington Commanders DC Jack Del Rio fined $100,000 for comments on U.S. Capitol invasion, protests after George Floyd's murder

On Wednesday, Del Rio defended a reply he made on Twitter two days earlier, when he tweeted, "Would love to understand 'the whole story' about why the summer of riots, looting, burning and the destruction of personal property is never discussed but this is??? #CommonSense."

Del Rio said he felt there were two standards being applied and that he was just expressing his opinion. But in response to the final question of his news conference, Del Rio called the U.S. Capitol invasion a "dustup," creating another controversy for the franchise.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34070358/washington-commanders-defensive-coordinator-jack-del-rio-fined-100000-comments-us-capitol-invasion-george-floyd-murder
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

It's been an especially tough day in Baltimore, as Ravens LB Jaylon Ferguson has passed away at the age of 26. And now word has come down that Tony Siragusa has died. Damn.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
It's been an especially tough day in Baltimore, as Ravens LB Jaylon Ferguson has passed away at the age of 26. And now word has come down that Tony Siragusa has died. Damn.

Cause of death release on Jaylon Ferguson, this fentanyl flooding the country is killing a lot of people.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34180056/baltimore-ravens-jaylon-ferguson-died-combined-effects-fentanyl-cocaine-officials-say
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1544741696197611522?s=20&t=cAQ_eQOCQndq1vuoQgCGaA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 163 of 335
Jump to: