Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject:

There was a mention of Jackson Mercer Foundation a legitimate law firm on the east coast. Maybe that's Kim's exit portal.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
There was a mention of Jackson Mercer Foundation a legitimate law firm on the east coast. Maybe that's Kim's exit portal.

I just don't see that. Gilligan and Gould are far too creative and nuanced in their writing to have Kim Wexler's storyline end with her just going legit and heading off to go back to straight-laced practicing. I sure as hope they have something far more intriguing and compelling than that, otherwise it's all a waste.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I just don't see that. Gilligan and Gould are far too creative and nuanced in their writing to have Kim Wexler's storyline end with her just going legit and heading off to go back to straight-laced practicing. I sure as hope they have something far more intriguing and compelling than that, otherwise it's all a waste.

Given thought, you're probably right about JMF being an exit portal. Its mention is too early, episode 6 in a 13-episode season, for that to be a truly viable option. Back to the drawing board.

Loved the opening scene E6 with Kim's mother. Gives rise to her falling for Jimmy. She may have been attracted to his shyster personality.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject:

DAMN!!! HOWARD!! I didn't even give him a thought when I posed "Who goes next?"

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Kim is as good as dead at this point. They're setting her up for something far more brutal (for her and for Jimmy's conscience) than simply going to prison. I almost guarantee it and have been sensing it for a looooong time now and the more I see, the more I do.

I'm honestly hoping she gets the "Vacuum" treatment...I mean, Saul knew about and probably already used this option for other people before suggesting it to Walt in Breaking Bad. They would need another guy, though, since Robert Forster died.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yeah, you knew something big was going to happen when you saw the title of the episode.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

TV is so good right now. We Own This City had another great episode as well.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I like it too, feels like we're still at the introduction phase of the characters, can't wait for the meat of the season
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject:

The Offer has also been great.

I started a new thing where I watch all these shows in my gym. I’m gonna look like Bruce Lee if they keep putting out good content.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

Bosch & Bosch Legacy. In reality Bosch seasons 1 & 2. I just finished Bosch Legacy. It left with the notion Maddie was either killed or kidnapped. The masked rapist was seen in her closet when she came home. I don't see her being killed. I also find it difficult to think she's been raped. I think the series will be renewed.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, you knew something big was going to happen when you saw the title of the episode.

Wondering if Howard would've killed Kim and Jimmy if Lalo didn't enter the picture.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Liking OBI-WAN KENOBI. Looks promising. Star War spins usually are good. I see Lei and Luke as kids, Is this a prequel?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Is anyone watching Night Skys? I'm hooked.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I like it too, feels like we're still at the introduction phase of the characters, can't wait for the meat of the season

SPOILER!!!
Shooting himself in the head... weak storyline, not sure about that character ending
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

SPOILER!!!
Shooting himself in the head... weak storyline, not sure about that character ending

That’s how it really happened though, isn’t it? Or did they take some artistic license.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

SPOILER!!!

That’s how it really happened though, isn’t it? Or did they take some artistic license.

It is both the official version and the one that independent investigators agreed with, but not conclusively proven. The family has denied it and made a stink about that, probably part of the reason Simon avoided them, which they of course complain about. The reality is that the show nailed the totality of the corruption of the unit while perhaps not getting every detail to everyone’s satisfaction.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Liking OBI-WAN KENOBI. Looks promising. Star War spins usually are good. I see Lei and Luke as kids, Is this a prequel?

It takes place between the prequels and the original trilogy. Really liking it so far.

On another note, I'm really liking the new Star Trek series, also a prequel to the original Star Trek with Spock and Captain Pike as the main characters.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It takes place between the prequels and the original trilogy. Really liking it so far.

On another note, I'm really liking the new Star Trek series, also a prequel to the original Star Trek with Spock and Captain Pike as the main characters.

I'm a Treki in a sense. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is a good series. It has a lot to live up to. The original Star Trek (William Shatner) & Star Trek The Next Generation (Patrick Steward) set very high bars Those are my favorites

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan was one of the few good things to come out of the prequels IMO. I've only watched the first two episodes but I like what I've seen. I really like the direction Star Wars has taken under Disney+. I still haven't watched the last movie in the Rey trilogy.

Leia's life before she joined the resistance could be a good storyline but Luke was just a naïve farm boy up until Ep. 4. The most interesting thing in that story would be watching him bullseye womp rats in his T-16.

I really hope they give us some good backstory on Darth Vader.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan was one of the few good things to come out of the prequels IMO. I've only watched the first two episodes but I like what I've seen. I really like the direction Star Wars has taken under Disney+. I still haven't watched the last movie in the Rey trilogy.

Leia's life before she joined the resistance could be a good storyline but Luke was just a naïve farm boy up until Ep. 4. The most interesting thing in that story would be watching him bullseye womp rats in his T-16.

Episode 3 is even better than the first 2 IMO. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Episode 3 is even better than the first 2 IMO. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I'm sorta in the dark as to why Reva is so dead set on capturing Obi-Wan-Kenobi. I think it's because it will get the attention of Darth Vader so she will be named Grand Inquisitor but I have a feeling it's something more than a promotion.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader's given name.

June 11th is the date BCS is slated to end the mid-season hiatus. Why did the producers delay the ending of the last season?

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm sorta in the dark as to why Reva is so dead set on capturing Obi-Wan-Kenobi. I think it's because it will get the attention of Darth Vader so she will be named Grand Inquisitor but I have a feeling it's something more than a promotion.

June 11th is the date BCS is slated to end the mid-season hiatus. Why did the producers delay the ending of the last season?

It's actually July 11th. My guess is they don't want to risk tiring / exhausting viewers with the longer season (13 eps). Not directly related to this, but sometimes I will marathon watch shows that already finished airing years ago. As good as the show may be, there is something taxing about continuously watching a lot of episodes in a row. I have the best experience when I am disciplined enough to just stop at 1 episode (for hour-long eps) per night.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's actually July 11th. My guess is they don't want to risk tiring / exhausting viewers with the longer season (13 eps). Not directly related to this, but sometimes I will marathon watch shows that already finished airing years ago. As good as the show may be, there is something taxing about continuously watching a lot of episodes in a row. I have the best experience when I am disciplined enough to just stop at 1 episode (for hour-long eps) per night.

You're right, mental typo. I mixed June with July.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject:

"We Own This City":

Good stuff overall, but casting Treat Williams - Prince of the City Treat Williams - as the retired cop nostalgic for pre-"War on Drugs" policing does not work.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

Over the past months I've been watching 1 or 2 episodes a night of Star Trek NG. Last night I watched the series finale. What a fantastic show.

Now I'm debating. Do I start in on Voyager, or Deep Space 9?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 82 of 110
Jump to: