Buffalo shooting: 10 dead; shooter was a fascist, White supremacist and anti-Semite.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Thank you Tucker Carlson and others for spewing the Great Replacement (bleep).

Yeah same can be said on the other side of the aisle. The New York subway shooter was a black supremacist, the Waukesha parade massacre, etc. Hate is hate and we as good people need to stand together not blame one side of the aisle and further the divide.

Also love how MSM moves on from those massacres within 1 day but will have a field day with this one.

If you're going to try and pull the asinine "both sides" BS, mass shootings is definitely the way to go if you want prove you have no credibility. You have to wade through a sea of white racists before you get to the one POC.

Yep, I have a long list of current GOP politicians and right-wing media currently pushing racist "replacement theory" which I will post in Politics thread. And the only other people I see "both siding" this issue are on the far right, not the "middle" as this poster claimed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah same can be said on the other side of the aisle. The New York subway shooter was a black supremacist, the Waukesha parade massacre, etc. Hate is hate and we as good people need to stand together not blame one side of the aisle and further the divide.

Also love how MSM moves on from those massacres within 1 day but will have a field day with this one.

If you're going to try and pull the asinine "both sides" BS, mass shootings is definitely the way to go if you want prove you have no credibility. You have to wade through a sea of white racists before you get to the one POC.

Yep, I have a long list of current GOP politicians and right-wing media currently pushing racist "replacement theory" which I will post in Politics thread. And the only other people I see "both siding" this issue are on the far right, not the "middle" as this poster claimed.

"You also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." Sound familar? LINK

TWITCH pulled the live stream. I wonder if they'll reair it sometime in the future?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 16, 2022 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Lies.

The New York Subway Shooter was NOT a black supremacist. He was part of the Black Manosphere. Those men are mostly INCELS and the target of their ire is predominantly black women.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

We could play a little game: anyone who thinks it’s a both sides issue that’s being one sided by the media can post a list of the minority mass shooters, and I will see if I can post ten white right wing mass shooters. Fwiw, you’re already down 18-1 this year…
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

The Buffalo shooting is a tragedy--plain and simple. Unsurprisingly, these incidents widen the political divide. I (unfortunately) watched the video--barbaric--and read the manifesto. This monster wasn't a conservative; I doubt he ever watched Fox News. While Tucker has espoused some type of replacement theory, I have no reason to believe this monster ever watched Tucker. I don't see how it helps to label this monster as a conservative or right wing or blame Fox News or Tucker Carlson. The inevitable will happen: the people at Fox News or the conservatives will simply read this monster's manifesto and say, "not so." They then will say this is just a media scheme by the left, etc. These groups are great at dodging the issue and labeling themselves as victims. By claiming they caused this monster to do what he did just adds to that fodder and strengthens their base.

At the end of the day, the focus should be on something clear and obvious: how did this monster end up with an AR-15? How? As a first generation immigrant growing up in America, I will never understand the fascination with guns. Most modern countries have outlawed them. But, alas, gun are here to stay in America because of some amendment written over 230 years ago by old men with muskets who barely understood electricity. Still, if we can't convince the masses to get rid of guns because of this archaic amendment, we should at least focus on these individual cases to elicit some reform. Repeatedly, these shootings are committed by individuals who clearly never should have had a gun or had access to a gun; whether its mental health or just insane and racist political views.

Is it so much to ask that people like this 18 year old monster, who was clearly deranged and had purportedly espoused a desire to commit a mass shooting and had been held for a mental health evaluation just a year earlier not be allowed access to semi-automatic guns, let alone any gun?

Also, for those spouting "more guns" is the answer, nonsense. This monster killed 4-5 people within seconds after he stepped out of the car. How would more guns prevent that? A security guard shot him with no effect since the monster wore armor. So, actually having a gun present proved ineffective.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

The same people who push white supremacist ideology also block all forms of gun control. The right-wing echo chamber includes both online white supremacist indoctrination which is then amplified by various hosts on Fox News and GOP politicians who use white-fear tactics to motivate their base. They all exist in the same echo system. You can't separate one from the other. They work in synergy with one another. You might want to read the last page of the politics thread with current quotes from GOP politicians pushing this exact same white-replacement propaganda.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The same people who push white supremacist ideology also block all forms of gun control. The right-wing echo chamber includes both online white supremacist indoctrination which is then amplified by various hosts on Fox News and GOP politicians who use white-fear tactics to motivate their base. They all exist in the same echo system. You can't separate one from the other. They work in synergy with one another. You might want to read the last page of the politics thread with current quotes from GOP politicians pushing this exact same white-replacement propaganda.

I agree. I'm no fan of Fox News or the right. They are like petulant children. I was hoping to find some trace of Fox News or Tucker Carlson when reading the manifesto, but was left to conclude that this particular monster didn't derive his views from Fox News or GOP politicians. Which is not to say that he wasn't influenced by them in any way as he apparently had a cohort on 4Chan who he discussed his ideas with. Likely, at least one or more of these 4Chan people listened to or followed the rhetoric of Fox News or the GOP.

I only say that we shouldn't focus on Tucker Carlson or Fox News or the GOP, not because it would be unreasonable to do so, but because it won't help. Fox News, Tucker Carlson, and the GOP are the weaseliest of weasels. Misdirection is the name of their game. Because the monster never explicitly mentioned them, they will claim themselves as victims and spout that the left is overreacting. Fox News and the GOP play this game time and time again. Regrettably, while I am a believer in democracy, many Americans (particularly the Fox News and GOP base) fall victim to this dull ploy; using it to buttress their own misguided views. The truth and/or what should be done here seems so obvious--it's baffling that we are still at this point.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Corey78 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I agree. I'm no fan of Fox News or the right. They are like petulant children. I was hoping to find some trace of Fox News or Tucker Carlson when reading the manifesto, but was left to conclude that this particular monster didn't derive his views from Fox News or GOP politicians. Which is not to say that he wasn't influenced by them in any way as he apparently had a cohort on 4Chan who he discussed his ideas with. Likely, at least one or more of these 4Chan people listened to or followed the rhetoric of Fox News or the GOP.

I only say that we shouldn't focus on Tucker Carlson or Fox News or the GOP, not because it would be unreasonable to do so, but because it won't help. Fox News, Tucker Carlson, and the GOP are the weaseliest of weasels. Misdirection is the name of their game. Because the monster never explicitly mentioned them, they will claim themselves as victims and spout that the left is overreacting. Fox News and the GOP play this game time and time again. Regrettably, while I am a believer in democracy, many Americans (particularly the Fox News and GOP base) fall victim to this dull ploy; using it to buttress their own misguided views. The truth and/or what should be done here seems so obvious--it's baffling that we are still at this point.

It's not baffling to me, it's obvious, racism. This country's social makeup is and has been racism. How to defeat it is the 10 million dollar question. Come up with a remedy and become the world's first trillionaire.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I hope my post does not come off as low or too pessimistic. I am just increasingly annoyed and frustrated by, what I perceive to be, obviously backwards positions that no reasonable person should take (or if said person does take, should at least think about) but that vast swaths of the American people take, and which many or most don't seem to think about at all opting to adopt the viewpoint of weasels. There is no reason we should still be talking about reasonable gun control laws in 2022. And with the anticipated Roe v. Wade reversal, the list goes on. It's madness.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Corey78 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

It's not baffling to me, it's obvious, racism. This country's social makeup is and has been racism. How to defeat it is the 10 million dollar question. Come up with a remedy and become the world's first trillionaire.

I don't doubt there is racism (or sexism for that matter) embedded within the social fabric of America, particularly the top. I just hoped that most Americans would be reasonable enough to see or contextualize it. It has become painfully obvious that I thought wrong. I can't recall ever feeling more disillusioned (I was disillusioned with Trump, but what I thought was just a four year blip may be much more endemic than I thought). I have no idea how to remedy it. Not even the passage of time seems to serve as an expedient remedy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Corey78 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Corey78 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I don't doubt there is racism (or sexism for that matter) embedded within the social fabric of America, particularly the top. I just hoped that most Americans would be reasonable enough to see or contextualize it. It has become painfully obvious that I thought wrong. I can't recall ever feeling more disillusioned (I was disillusioned with Trump, but what I thought was just a four year blip may be much more endemic than I thought). I have no idea how to remedy it. Not even the passage of time seems to serve as an expedient remedy.

I have to add ignorance. There are a large number of Dan Quayle's in our country.

What disturbs and angers me is that Payton S. Gendron will be cared for by our tax dollars for the rest of his life.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Another tragedy with politicians calling for common sense gun laws. The same politicians who don’t try to pass common sense gun laws, they are afraid of losing support from the gun lobby. New York has strict gun laws but they can’t stop this mentally ill person from owning a gun he never should have been allowed to own. Chicago doesn’t allow gun ownership but there are 10’s of people shot there every weekend. If I suspected one of my children of having mental illness there is nothing I could do to prevent them from owning a gun, political pressure has prevented that and put the rights of the mentally ill above the rights of everyone else. It’s a problem that needs a solution but I wouldn’t expect one to come out of DC.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Everything in that guys manifesto is on Fox nightly. Maybe not quite as stark, but he’s parroting their prime time hosts. And the leading GOP voices in congress. I get that some people who lean conservative don’t like to feel that this represents them, but this has been American conservatism for long before I’ve been alive. This is Goldwater and Nixon and Reagan and Gingrich and the Tea Party and the Oath Keepers and the evangelical movement and the police and every red state. This is what they are. American conservatism is about white nationalism.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Where is KBCB when you need him?

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Corey78 wrote:
The Buffalo shooting is a tragedy--plain and simple. Unsurprisingly, these incidents widen the political divide. I (unfortunately) watched the video--barbaric--and read the manifesto. This monster wasn't a conservative; I doubt he ever watched Fox News. While Tucker has espoused some type of replacement theory, I have no reason to believe this monster ever watched Tucker. I don't see how it helps to label this monster as a conservative or right wing or blame Fox News or Tucker Carlson. The inevitable will happen: the people at Fox News or the conservatives will simply read this monster's manifesto and say, "not so." They then will say this is just a media scheme by the left, etc. These groups are great at dodging the issue and labeling themselves as victims. By claiming they caused this monster to do what he did just adds to that fodder and strengthens their base.

Not all racists are ideologically conservative (especially since some of them are too dumb or ignorant to have any kind of ideology), but there is a definite connection between conservative ideology and racism.

If one wants to say that the conservative platform isn't inherently racist, one has to at least admit that the conservative platform enables racism, other forms of bigotry, greed and narcissism.

There is a reason why the conservative platform attracts bigots, liars, cowards and people who are simply scumbags, while the left-wing platform tends to attract anti-racists and people who value empathy, compassion and being community-minded.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

the oppressed one man centrist army dodge! safe, predictable choice

A supposed Middle Easterner opining about terrorism in America is a good spit-take, too. It's like modern Germany posturing to other countries they deal with about human rights abuses. They may not be what they once were, but it's STILL too soon, yo.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Where is KBCB when you need him?

Come back, KB/CB! I want to see a George Foreman 1992like comeback from kbcb.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject:

Can anyone ELI5
Why does/do we allow the media to call "Racist Terrorist Attack(s)" Mass Shootings?

Is it so the other racists don't copycat or so we don't give recognition to these groups?

end this "Mass Shooting" BS and print the truth.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject:

Does anyone know if the Buffalo shooter identified with a church?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

911 dispatcher on administrative leave

https://www.wgrz.com/video/news/911-despatcher-on-administrative-leave/71-06d6f156-6551-40f6-8f9f-e6e480359f61

Assistant Manager called in the shooting to 911 and the dispatcher hung up on her.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: