Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard - Live YouTube Trial
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard - Live YouTube Trial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjCWuESRvN8

Very entertaining, probably not so much for Amber.

Can’t believe Warner Bros fired Depp right away and sided with Heard over what the court are now proving what everyone else has been saying for years, that they are all just lies. What dolts.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Fri May 27, 2022 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

Dropping a grumpy was my favorite part
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Just curious, how did Depp's agent get to testify that "Jerry Bruckheimer told me that Depp lost the Pirates gig"? Seems like hearsay to me.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

She must've paid these clowns according to her actual private belief about how she was gonna come across in all this (ie: bad). This team was probably the most budget one she could get. Most cynical part of Heard's gambit was taking the place of an actual survivor of domestic abuse. She's obviously not too sharp in that she could've gotten away with 7 mill and none of this (no public knowledge of grumpy, etc) if she had simply stuck to the NDA. She got too greedy and got caught with the ol hand in the cookie jar.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

I don't think Johnny Depp is going to get his $50 million (especially if Amber Heard was having money trouble after getting a $7 million dollar divorce settlement). Looks like this trial is just going to be both sides airing their dirty laundry.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I don't think Johnny Depp is going to get his $50 million (especially if Amber Heard was having money trouble after getting a $7 million dollar divorce settlement). Looks like this trial is just going to be both sides airing their dirty laundry.

I think he wants to salvage the rest of his working/workable years in acting w/o that stigma going unchallenged at all. Being 4 years after the op-ed, he must be keenly aware that it's the one monkeywrench that finally cost him a big budget role (and he had been lucky in getting those for years w/o a ton of regard to the money potential of the projects). He said he already lost from moment one. I'm sure his kids having to hear that about him stung on a personal level. I don't blame him for doing this after offering Amber a no harm, no foul during their divorce settlement (probably to be done with her for good in his mind, but alas). Getting your finger cut off at the tip is no small annoyance. I got my middle finger tip caught in a car door that thankfully shut fairly softly and was walking on my toes like a werewolf as soon as that finger came out of the door. Sh is like throbbing tooth pain. I'm sure that thing was flashing on and off like the old cartoon "Eat At Joe's" neon sign. That's just the one incident where he came out of a throwing fit with a clearly discernible injury (proof). That's not to mention all the rest of the misery a codependent w/ borderline issues puts you thru. Nothing but gaslighting and emotional roller coaster idiocy. And, you don't have to be in psychology to guess this, but when someone goes to fecal level, they got issues... Poop is a line in the sand when it comes to kRAyzY.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I think he wants to salvage the rest of his working/workable years in acting w/o that stigma going unchallenged at all. Being 4 years after the op-ed, he must be keenly aware that it's the one monkeywrench that finally cost him a big budget role (and he had been lucky in getting those for years w/o a ton of regard to the money potential of the projects). He said he already lost from moment one. I'm sure his kids having to hear that about him stung on a personal level. I don't blame him for doing this after offering Amber a no harm, no foul during their divorce settlement (probably to be done with her for good in his mind, but alas). Getting your finger cut off at the tip is no small annoyance. I got my middle finger tip caught in a car door that thankfully shut fairly softly and was walking on my toes like a werewolf as soon as that finger came out of the door. Sh is like throbbing tooth pain. I'm sure that thing was flashing on and off like the old cartoon "Eat At Joe's" neon sign. That's just the one incident where he came out of a throwing fit with a clearly discernible injury (proof). That's not to mention all the rest of the misery a codependent w/ borderline issues puts you thru. Nothing but gaslighting and emotional roller coaster idiocy. And, you don't have to be in psychology to guess this, but when someone goes to fecal level, they got issues... Poop is a line in the sand when it comes to kRAyzY.

I guess if he wanted better PR from the court case he definitely is winning. But in terms of damages he won't be getting much from her considering her net worth is somewhere from $8-$14 million depending on your sources. I guess if he wanted to salvage his film career him winning the court case would help it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

^
This is it, it's helping him a lot with PR. The world is seeing what a complete nutcase Heard is.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Text book example of a toxic relationship.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

Why do people in their position get married? Who needs the (legal) complication? Live together. Enjoy one another's company. Do it for as long as it suits you. But why marry? Why entangle yourself legally?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:39 am    Post subject:

Heard team came up w/ the notion that he performed a cavity search on her to look for his cocaine. Outside of a prison situation where an inmate/gangbanger commands a visitor to hoop drugs for them, who in their right mind would risk doing that simply to hide it from Johnny Depp? She couldn't have found one single place to hide it in a large house (every house has a hundred non-biological nooks/crannies). If the bag burst, it could kill a woman of her size and she simply wouldn't just fail to recognize that either. Ridiculous. And, to boot, she strained as hard as she could to muster a single tear, but couldn't produce one and kept saying "like". He like...did a cavity search. As if it was clearly something that didn't actually happen so she had to rehearse it. That psychologist Dr. Curry really brought something to the table the other day besides muffins. Curry is what Heard wants to sound like, but hasn't the capacity (for various reasons).
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Heard team came up w/ the notion that he performed a cavity search on her to look for his cocaine. Outside of a prison situation where an inmate/gangbanger commands a visitor to hoop drugs for them, who in their right mind would risk doing that simply to hide it from Johnny Depp? She couldn't have found one single place to hide it in a large house (every house has a hundred non-biological nooks/crannies). If the bag burst, it could kill a woman of her size and she simply wouldn't just fail to recognize that either. Ridiculous. And, to boot, she strained as hard as she could to muster a single tear, but couldn't produce one and kept saying "like". He like...did a cavity search. As if it was clearly something that didn't actually happen so she had to rehearse it. That psychologist Dr. Curry really brought something to the table the other day besides muffins. Curry is what Heard wants to sound like, but hasn't the capacity (for various reasons).

With this strategy I think they are now in a deeper hole ...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Why do people in their position get married? Who needs the (legal) complication? Live together. Enjoy one another's company. Do it for as long as it suits you. But why marry? Why entangle yourself legally?

Palimony. Still can be in legal jeopardy. Michelle Triola Marvin vs Lee Marvin ring a bell?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat May 07, 2022 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

With this strategy I think they are now in a deeper hole ...

Took a hairy turn there. Saw a vid of one of Heard's attorneys saying that the prosecution had to prove among other things that Heard was the one who actually wrote the op-ed. And then one of the first questions her lawyer asks her is why are we all here today and she immediately states, "We're here because my ex-husband is suing me for an op-ed I wrote." The makeup defense was also dashed by the company that makes the powder that her lawyer claimed she used, saying it didn't go into production until 2017 when they were already divorced. I know she's not indigent so I'm wondering why she went THIS cheap. Is it just because she doesn't think she's gonna win anyway and might have to pay 1,2,3 million back after the trial? There are also some odd likenesses that viewers have found between her claims and lines from shows/movies. The dirty carpet one and the punched the wall by my head one both were featured in some Netflix show, e.g. This case is more interesting than it might've been w/ 2 normal people (or semi-normal) because it's so odd that the crap is not even the oddest part of it. Usually a crap on a bed wouldn't be overshadowed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Not sure who looks crazier, Heard, Depp or the Deppsters. But if I had to pick one, it's the Deppsters.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Not sure who looks crazier, Heard, Depp or the Deppsters. But if I had to pick one, it's the Deppsters.

I'm afraid to ask...what's a Deppster?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Depp fanatics.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Depp fanatics.

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Summary of Amber Heard cross examination testimony: The doctors are lying, the cops are lying, the building manager is lying, the cameras are lying, my own sister is just exaggerating and she’s lying too. I’m the only one completely truthful.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Summary of Amber Heard cross examination testimony: The doctors are lying, the cops are lying, the building manager is lying, the cameras are lying, my own sister is just exaggerating and she’s lying too. I’m the only one completely truthful.

I watched quite a bit of the testimony over the last 2 days, and it was extraordinary how often she was caught in a lie during cross-examination. And it was a smart move of Depp's legal team to have one of the female attorneys doing the cross of Heard, rather than one of the men.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Depp fanatics.

Lawd that Indian lawyer bit was hysterical. Some of these are really f'en clever lol.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I watched quite a bit of the testimony over the last 2 days, and it was extraordinary how often she was caught in a lie during cross-examination. And it was a smart move of Depp's legal team to have one of the female attorneys doing the cross of Heard, rather than one of the men.

Some of the things the psychologist who ran the MMPI on her actually stated as her personality glitches were on display. The anger was evident tho Amber held it back with all her might. You could tell she's a fighter who always gets the last word in and she gaslights. She has said more than once that she "couldn't" hurt Depp, I guess because he's a man, but that goes to show that she absolves herself of the mere ability to commit IPV because she's a petite woman. Her insistence that she donated the 7 mill when she didn't, parsing was on par with Bill Clinton's and w/o the Rhodes scholarship/Georgetown law degree. Dr. said she had a sophisticated way of minimizing her own behavior and exaggerating others' affronts towards her. If I were a juror who knew nothing of her/this before being assigned, I wouldn't fail to notice that she clearly has no idea whatsoever what punches to the jaw and black eyes look or feel like, much less how they heal and how long it takes. And there would be no reason for her to know those things considering she was a 100 lb model. Never got into a fight w/ actual punches in her life. Not the typical domain of model types.

Her exaggerations of her injuries are so off that she sounds like the scene in "40 Y.O. Virgin" where Carrell tries to describe what a breast feels like and replies, "Oh, like a bag of sand..." And when confronted with 5-6 different people including a female cop re: no injuries, she remains adamant that THEY were all the ones who failed to recognize her injuries. Every one of them. Another earlier tidbit to show that she exaggerates is that she chose 19 of 20 features of PTSD on a chart when the psychologist said that it was basically impossible and that even ex-war fighters often selected 3-4.

I don't know if Depp's gonna win this, but Heard didn't avail herself well. That's not even mentioning the disingenuous crying that probably didn't sway the more cynical jurors. If that was her testimony then she DID save a buck or two on her legal team after all.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

^
I don't know if he's going to win it either, and I do think it's fair to have doubt as to whether or not he ever physically assaulted her. He very well may have, for all I know. (I don't buy the sexual assault claims for a second.) But it's a civil matter, so if it's more likely than not that she's lying about any DV, then perhaps he can win. I do think this trial has helped his public image, so whatever happens I'd imagine he will be happy that he did this.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

I believe that JD was an abuser, physically, emotionally and verbally.

I believe that he has emotional issues, often severe, when severely under the influence of alcohol and drugs, which was fairly often, to often.

To reach a verdict that Amber defamed Johnny, the jury needs to believe that JD was not an abuser; that the defamation impacted him financially, and that it was not due to other factors; and that she wrote the OPED with malice. I don't know if the jury can get through any of the thresholds, let alone all of them*. I believe Amber winning her case is even less likely.

*The sexual abuse allegation (aka rape) is the most severe claim against JD and one I think is most likely to be fabricated, and one the jury could use to support defamation.

I also believe that AH was an abuser, physically, emotionally and verbally.

I think she has clearly demonstrated borderline personality disorder, at least to my laymen understanding of what that is: Amber on tape, is a far cry, a far cry, from Amber on the stand.

It saddens me when couples can't make it work but this was a Cinderella story with such a magical beginning with two people (one, the most popular actor of his day, the other, an extremely intelligent and beautiful woman) deeply in love, that not only didn't work, but turned into a Shakespearean tragedy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I believe that JD was an abuser, physically, emotionally and verbally.

I believe that he has emotional issues, often severe, when severely under the influence of alcohol and drugs, which was fairly often, to often.

To reach a verdict that Amber defamed Johnny, the jury needs to believe that JD was not an abuser; that the defamation impacted him financially, and that it was not due to other factors; and that she wrote the OPED with malice. I don't know if the jury can get through any of the thresholds, let alone all of them*. I believe Amber winning her case is even less likely.

*The sexual abuse allegation (aka rape) is the most severe claim against JD and one I think is most likely to be fabricated, and one the jury could use to support defamation.

I also believe that AH was an abuser, physically, emotionally and verbally.

I think she has clearly demonstrated borderline personality disorder, at least to my laymen understanding of what that is: Amber on tape, is a far cry, a far cry, from Amber on the stand.

It saddens me when couples can't make it work but this was a Cinderella story with such a magical beginning with two people (one, the most popular actor of his day, the other, an extremely intelligent and beautiful woman) deeply in love, that not only didn't work, but turned into a Shakespearean tragedy.

As I said earlier in the thread, Depp/Heard was the textbook example of a toxic relationship—no good guy, no bad guy, just a whole lot of dangerous dysfunction and disrespect.

I've learned you can never really predict what a jury is going to do, but I can't see how Depp can win. For that to happen, the jury would have to ignore the obvious—that Depp was responsible for at least some of what was alleged. Heard may have embellished and lied about some of it, but no way she made it up out of whole cloth.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: