Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
2 years ago.

Quote:
"The disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. It gets in the lungs" -- Trump seems to suggests that injecting disinfectant inside people could be a treatment for the coronavirus https://t.co/amis9Rphsm

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1253448500676898818?t=6RlIjB_0ygzaNCfZ2AQ65g&s=19

Not to mention the blasts of ultraviolet light, somehow inside the body.

Not to belabor the point, but it has been known for more than a century that disinfectant and UV light are potent virus killers for many viruses e.g. smallpox, measles, flu. So a century-full of doctors, researchers, scientists, inventors, really all of the 6 billion plus of humanity, somehow missed out on this innovative cure for viral infection.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(Vice President Kamala Harris tests positive for Covid)

Quote:
Vice President Kamala Harris has tested positive for Covid-19, the White House announced Tuesday, after returning from a weeklong trip to California.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(How Governments Helped Fuel An Infodemic During Covid)

Quote:
Writers Joel Simon and Robert Mahoney join Morning Joe to discuss 'The Infodemic: How Censorship and Lies Made the World Sicker and Less Free'.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

BBC News

(Why does China still have a zero-Covid lockdown strategy? - BBC News)

Quote:
Covid lockdowns in China remain the strategy to deal with outbreaks of cases, whereas the majority of other countries have scrapped most restrictions.

Beijing authorities are trying to stamp out an outbreak with mass testing and avoid a repeat of the city-wide restrictions that have kept Shanghai in lockdown for a month.

Despite the measures, on top of tightly-controlled Chinese social media, videos have emerged of protests against lockdowns, such as in Shanghai.

Meanwhile, long queues outside supermarkets and shops were seen despite government assurances there is sufficient food.

The BBC's Ros Atkins explains how the country decided on its approach.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
BBC News

(Why does China still have a zero-Covid lockdown strategy? - BBC News)

Quote:
Covid lockdowns in China remain the strategy to deal with outbreaks of cases, whereas the majority of other countries have scrapped most restrictions.

Beijing authorities are trying to stamp out an outbreak with mass testing and avoid a repeat of the city-wide restrictions that have kept Shanghai in lockdown for a month.

Despite the measures, on top of tightly-controlled Chinese social media, videos have emerged of protests against lockdowns, such as in Shanghai.

Meanwhile, long queues outside supermarkets and shops were seen despite government assurances there is sufficient food.

The BBC's Ros Atkins explains how the country decided on its approach.

Most countries have a strong mix of natural and vaccine immunity at this point. China has limited natural immunity due to the zero-covid policy and questionable vaccine immunity. They're going to have to go through the process one way or another because Covid is here to stay.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject:

CBS News

(Understanding the latest COVID-19 developments)

Quote:
Denis Nash, a distinguished professor of epidemiology for the City University of New York's School of Public Health and the executive director of its Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health, joins CBS News' Enrique Acevedo to discuss recent developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic. These include the impending authorization for vaccines for young children, Philadelphia's mask mandate policy reversal, his own COVID-19 research study and more.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

Got my Moderna booster today.

::afraid to say anything else in case I jinx myself::
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

I had Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer, and Moderna.

I didn't really notice any significant reactions, in my case.

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

These boosters are coming every 6 months.
In a year you will be taking the 6th shot.
You took this one on a Saturday, so presumably you will take that one on a Saturday too, which ---- gasp ---- will be the 6th day of the week!

I rest my case. /shudder

P.S. Best wishes
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

BBC News

(Why is China still aiming for zero Covid? - BBC News)

Quote:
In many parts of the world most Covid restrictions are gone, but in China zero Covid remains the strategy.

Health officials in the country believe if they give up now, their efforts would have amounted to nothing, but attempts to become zero Covid keep cities such as Shanghai in lockdown.

The BBC's Ros Atkins takes an in-depth look into why China is doubling down on it's zero Covid policy.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
BBC News

(Why is China still aiming for zero Covid? - BBC News)

Quote:
In many parts of the world most Covid restrictions are gone, but in China zero Covid remains the strategy.

Health officials in the country believe if they give up now, their efforts would have amounted to nothing, but attempts to become zero Covid keep cities such as Shanghai in lockdown.

The BBC's Ros Atkins takes an in-depth look into why China is doubling down on it's zero Covid policy.

Anyone have any insight into why they seem to not have focused on 90+% vaccine coverage with their domestic vaccine production and their immense ability to track and force compliance?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ABC News

(NYC raises COVID-19 risk alert level)

Quote:
New York City health officials raised the city's risk alert level to medium as it is seeing a rate of 200 infections per 100,000 people.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

No side effects. Only a bit of mild soreness at injection site.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No side effects. Only a bit of mild soreness at injection site.

Excellent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject:

We leave Friday for England for a family funeral. When we return we have to have proof of a negative Covid test within 1 day of our flight. I spent $125 on special proctored tests so we can have them ready to go. This rule for entering the US makes no sense at this point given than most countries have removed this requirement and most other restrictions have gone. What gets me is how inconsistent it is. If it’s about preventing spread on planes why do we not have to test for domestic flights or flights leaving the country? If it’s about preventing variants from entering the US why is there a loophole where you can literally drive right across the Canadian or Mexican borders without a test? So theoretically since Canada does not require entry testing I could fly from the UK to Canada then drive across the border all without a test, but if I have a connection in Canada and then fly into the US I’d have to test. Makes zero sense at this point.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ali Velshi @AliVelshi

BREAKING: An NBC News tally confirms over one million Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. since the start of the pandemic.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ali Velshi @AliVelshi

BREAKING: An NBC News tally confirms over one million Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. since the start of the pandemic.

Bear in mind, a bad flu year is 50k deaths. This is 10 times that.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject:

COVID cases are ticking up again. Wear your KN95 masks indoors in public and make sure your boosters are up to date.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

My kid school going back to mandatory masking starting tmrw, NJ. At least the cases I’ve seen since winter break are not severe
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

ABC News

(Breakthrough COVID-19 deaths increasing as omicron subvariants spread)

Quote:
Breakthrough deaths comprise a larger share of COVID-19 deaths amid a surge of cases nationwide. ABC News medical contributor Dr. Alok Patel explains what you need to know.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ali Velshi @AliVelshi

1 million deaths yet there are some who will vote for Trump. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Ali Velshi @AliVelshi

1 million deaths yet there are some who will vote for Trump. SMH

I keep seeing Trumpsters say on social media that COVID now is "just a cold." Yes, the virus is a lot weaker than it was 2 years ago, but it's still (I'm guessing) worse than the flu.

Everything was in place for a massive number of people to be COVID deniers and anti-vaxxers based on "ideology" and cynicism and confirmation bias. Our nation has been breeding that kind of mindset for 40 years.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

BBC News

(Million Covid cases feared in North Korea - BBC News)

Quote:
North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un has criticised health officials and ordered the army to help distribute medicine, as a wave of Covid cases sweeps through the country.

More than a million people have now been sickened by what Pyongyang is calling a "fever", state media said.

Some 50 people have died, but it's unclear how many of those suspected cases tested positive for Covid.

North Korea has only limited testing capacity, so few cases are confirmed.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Anti-Vaxxer Eric Clapton Very Sick with COVID, and Now His Tour is in Danger

Quote:
Eric Clapton is unfortunately suffering from Covid having tested positive shortly after the second concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

He has been told by his medical advisors that if he were to resume traveling and performing too soon, it could substantially delay his full recovery.

Quote:
From Clapton’s Facebook page:

Eric is also anxious to avoid passing on any infection to any of his band, crew, promoters, their staff and of course the fans.

It is very frustrating that having avoided Covid throughout lockdown and throughout the period when travel restrictions have been in place Eric should have succumbed to Covid at this point in time.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Anti-Vaxxer Eric Clapton Very Sick with COVID, and Now His Tour is in Danger

Quote:
Eric Clapton is unfortunately suffering from Covid having tested positive shortly after the second concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

He has been told by his medical advisors that if he were to resume traveling and performing too soon, it could substantially delay his full recovery.

Quote:
From Clapton’s Facebook page:

Eric is also anxious to avoid passing on any infection to any of his band, crew, promoters, their staff and of course the fans.

It is very frustrating that having avoided Covid throughout lockdown and throughout the period when travel restrictions have been in place Eric should have succumbed to Covid at this point in time.

Brilliant guitarist. POS human. Anti Vax, xenophobic and a racist? He'd fit right in with the Magas of the world. Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page are better than you Eric.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 313 of 318
Jump to: