OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 878, 879, 880

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 am    Post subject:

Kuz was a very inconsistent player on offense, very hard to put a dependence on him, but as a defender and rebound guy he became consistent. Overall, nothing but love for Kuz, good teammate and helped bring a ring to LAL.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kuz was a very inconsistent player on offense, very hard to put a dependence on him, but as a defender and rebound guy he became consistent. Overall, nothing but love for Kuz, good teammate and helped bring a ring to LAL.

This!

Donut understand guys here sharing info how bad his first stats for Washington are.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

I am interested to see what he does on a team that has so many needs. Just curious, objectively. Do not wish him poorly - he tried his best here I think and developed some, faced some challenging situations/team contexts, and did not get into trouble or act like a locker room problem. Dealt with an excess of fan hate here for a guy who did not seem arrogant, just basketball-limited for our expectations. Lots of players are just not good enough for the moment for our team, and so off you go. No ill will and sincere good luck.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Hope Kuzma does a great job in DC.

Trez maybe not so much.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

Game 2
Kuzma 4 points on 2/8 from the field starting playing 24 mins
Trez 18/10 2 blocks off the bench
KCP 4 points on 4 shots.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Game 2
Kuzma 4 points on 2/8 from the field starting playing 24 mins
Trez 18/10 2 blocks off the bench
KCP 4 points on 4 shots.

Post his stats from tonight since you're on Kuz watch.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Kuz, KCP, Trez were the top 3 scorers for W.W. tonight.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

And they lost to raptors G league squad. ( not like the lakers are doing any better themselves)
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Will be rooting for Miles Kuzma.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

And they lost to raptors G league squad. ( not like the lakers are doing any better themselves)

Who cares. I don’t miss any of those guys, especially Kuzma.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/lnu6mq

Kuz with the game winner

Hes been improving his percentages now 43% FG, 39% 3pt and averaging 15/9.

Melo has played really well for us, but I do miss Kuz and his underrated defense.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Kuz with the Monster Block
https://streamable.com/lf0xmx
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Kuz with 11 straight points in one minute thirty three seconds
https://streamable.com/k46ln8
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject:

Kyle in a gimp suit
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

Doing very well, in case anyone hasn't noticed. It's mind boggling to me that he was among 3 players and a pick traded for a guy who has shown in a few short months that he's not nearly that valuable. Westbrook isn't worth more than what Kuzma has given Washington and the Lakers, once again, were foolish for not properly valuing an asset that they dumped. He's being used to do more than stand in the corner while Lebron dribbles and occasionally sends percentage busting, last second passes. I'm sure Washington is thrilled with the haul they got for Westbrook, who now has virtually no market value.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Doing very well, in case anyone hasn't noticed. It's mind boggling to me that he was among 3 players and a pick traded for a guy who has shown in a few short months that he's not nearly that valuable. Westbrook isn't worth more than what Kuzma has given Washington and the Lakers, once again, were foolish for not properly valuing an asset that they dumped. He's being used to do more than stand in the corner while Lebron dribbles and occasionally sends percentage busting, last second passes. I'm sure Washington is thrilled with the haul they got for Westbrook, who now has virtually no market value.

The Wizards are definitely thrilled getting Kuz, KCP and Harrell. Kuzma is maybe their 2nd best player after Beal.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

None of these dudes are better than what they were with the Lakers, however the trade so far is one sided for sure. We made this trade hoping WB would form a big 3. Washington did it to get depth and some longterm assets.

We didn't end up with a star, we ended up with a former has been star. If there ever was a Knicks like move, this was it.

On the flip, the Wizards got exactly what they paid for. Not going to make KCP, Kuz, Trez into what they're not. I did like Kuz and KCP. Not Trez. So I'm happy for KCP/Kuz doing solid in Washington.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
None of these dudes are better than what they were with the Lakers, however the trade so far is one sided for sure. We made this trade hoping WB would form a big 3. Washington did it to get depth and some longterm assets.

We didn't end up with a star, we ended up with a former has been star. If there ever was a Knicks like move, this was it.

On the flip, the Wizards got exactly what they paid for. Not going to make KCP, Kuz, Trez into what they're not. I did like Kuz and KCP. Not Trez. So I'm happy for KCP/Kuz doing solid in Washington.

Kuz is turning to a very good utility man who can score, rebound and (adequately) defend. KCP is a clutch scorer. Trez is still a 1-dimensional player, scores well but doesn't or can't defend well. And he seems to be a headcase.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Kuzma is better than he was the last 2 years because he doesn't have to go stand in the corner and watch Lebron dribble for 15 seconds, while waiting for a pass. He no longer has handcuffs on and he's making a name for himself.

Kuzma is better than Westbrook by himself, so apparently there was a terrible evaluation of what trajectory the players were on.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

For the past 28 games Kuz has averaged 22/10/3 on 49%/37% shooting. Hes been playing like an all star for 2 and a half months.

They're still in the playoff hunt even without Beal playing.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
For the past 28 games Kuz has averaged 22/10/3 on 49%/37% shooting. Hes been playing like an all star for 2 and a half months.

He's gone through a good hot streak. Of course, the Wizs are 9-19 during that span, I believe.

I always though Kuz was good enough to be a big scorer on a bad team. The question has always been what role can be have on a good team where he's only the 3rd or 4th guy.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Ksig wrote:

He's gone through a good hot streak. Of course, the Wizs are 9-19 during that span, I believe.

I always though Kuz was good enough to be a big scorer on a bad team. The question has always been what role can be have on a good team where he's only the 3rd or 4th guy.

I don’t attribute the record to him being the leading scorer. The team wasn’t good with Beal. They don’t have great players and part of what they got from the Lakers (Harrell) has been traded away.

He’s disproved the narrative that he can’t create his own shot. I’ve played ball while someone’s looking over your shoulder every play and it definitely affects your game and your confidence. He’s someplace that he’s had the freedom to grow and he’s a piece the Wizards or whoever should be able to successfully build around.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Ksig wrote:

I don’t attribute the record to him being the leading scorer. The team wasn’t good with Beal. They don’t have great players and part of what they got from the Lakers (Harrell) has been traded away.

He’s disproved the narrative that he can’t create his own shot. I’ve played ball while someone’s looking over your shoulder every play and it definitely affects your game and your confidence. He’s someplace that he’s had the freedom to grow and he’s a piece the Wizards or whoever should be able to successfully build around.

Build around is a stretch. He’s putting up gaudy numbers on an awful team - this is something you can’t argue. Look at what Anfernee Simons is doing in Portland.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 878, 879, 880
Page 880 of 880
Jump to: