Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Glad you mentioned Mayor Of Kingstown. I'd forgotten about it. I'm gonna do a binge. I was up to E3

It is entertaining.....but I still have no idea why he (or his brother) does what he does. He clearly is not becoming financially successful.....and I am not sure he does anything beyond delay the inevitable.

It's about how a town survives.
Quote:
America's prison system, "Mayor of Kingstown" follows the McLusky family in Kingstown, Mich., where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry
. He keeps the ball rolling and has a heart. He's also a paid CI.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Glad you mentioned Mayor Of Kingstown. I'd forgotten about it. I'm gonna do a binge. I was up to E3

It is entertaining.....but I still have no idea why he (or his brother) does what he does. He clearly is not becoming financially successful.....and I am not sure he does anything beyond delay the inevitable.

Quote:
America's prison system, "Mayor of Kingstown" follows the McLusky family in Kingstown, Mich., where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry

Must not be paid a lot because all it is getting him is a crappy cabin in the woods and 10 year old Crown Vic. Btw, did you know it is based on a real town in Canada.....Kingston, Ontario which at one time did have like 7 prison facilities.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Must not be paid a lot because all it is getting him is a crappy cabin in the woods and 10 year old Crown Vic. Btw, did you know it is based on a real town in Canada.....Kingston, Ontario which at one time did have like 7 prison facilities.

He's only getting 2,500 a month.
Quote:
The new Paramount Plus thriller series Mayor of Kingstown has already become an overnight hit. The series, which premiered on Nov. ... Cocreator and series actor Hugh Dillon noted that while the show is not specifically based on a single true story, it is rooted in his personal experience growing up in Kingston, Ontario.

The Mayor charges people to help people in prison get off or not get killed or out of whatever trouble they're in.

The season's finale is tomorrow. It should be explosive. It's a good series, I like it.

It has multiple storylines. Family, possible love, corruption, sex, to name a few.

I hope they renew it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Anyone watching YellowJackets on Showtime? There are 2 episodes left, and I feel like it will be impossible to clear up all of my questions in 2 episodes.

I am passively watching it as the wife is into it. I have the same issues as you..not much time left to answer my questions. Critics and people seem to like it..I’m a little indifferent at the moment.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Just wanted to say the fourth season of Yellowstone is a complete bomb and I don’t think I’m even going to finish it out.

Absolutely awful watch..the show fell off a massive cliff. I don’t know if Sheridan is too busy making 1883 or Mayor of Kingstown or that rodeo documentary but he clearly stopped giving a (bleep) about Yellowstone.

First 3 seasons were great but this current season imo has forever killed the show for me. I don’t mind a few segments or an episode or 3 into the ranch/cowboy life but this entire season has revolved around that theme and it’s way too boring for me. There’s so much wrong with this season that there’s no point in even getting into it.

And the new Dexter season was so awesome.

Was interested in watching Yellowstone from first episode onward whenever it was available on tv or the streaming services that I have. Do seasons 1-3 or some subset have some self-contained story(ies) that resolved during the first seasons, or was nothing substantial really concluded? Not worth it to me to get into a series that does not end a main plot nor even a good subplot satisfactorily. I still have so much old and new stuff never viewed in my queues, tv shows and movies, that probably was going to pass on Yellowstone anyway.

First 3 seasons are solid. Third ends on a cliff hanger and then the fourth is a bomb. I haven’t finished the fourth so I can’t say how it is as a whole but it’s made me wish I never watched the show in it’s entirety. Not sure if you’re into committing to a show that falls off a cliff after the third season. Maybe some others can help you out and I’m alone in hating the new season.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Just wanted to say the fourth season of Yellowstone is a complete bomb and I don’t think I’m even going to finish it out.

Absolutely awful watch..the show fell off a massive cliff. I don’t know if Sheridan is too busy making 1883 or Mayor of Kingstown or that rodeo documentary but he clearly stopped giving a (bleep) about Yellowstone.

First 3 seasons were great but this current season imo has forever killed the show for me. I don’t mind a few segments or an episode or 3 into the ranch/cowboy life but this entire season has revolved around that theme and it’s way too boring for me. There’s so much wrong with this season that there’s no point in even getting into it.

Was interested in watching Yellowstone from first episode onward whenever it was available on tv or the streaming services that I have. Do seasons 1-3 or some subset have some self-contained story(ies) that resolved during the first seasons, or was nothing substantial really concluded? Not worth it to me to get into a series that does not end a main plot nor even a good subplot satisfactorily. I still have so much old and new stuff never viewed in my queues, tv shows and movies, that probably was going to pass on Yellowstone anyway.

First 3 seasons are solid. Third ends on a cliff hanger and then the fourth is a bomb. I haven’t finished the fourth so I can’t say how it is as a whole but it’s made me wish I never watched the show in it’s entirety. Not sure if you’re into committing to a show that falls off a cliff after the third season. Maybe some others can help you out and I’m alone in hating the new season.

That's exactly what I am not into. No point starting it if there isn't a decent conclusion or miniconclusion for some plotline, not with all the other good and some excellent stuff out there. Heck, I still want to watch Planet Earth 2 and Life documentary series.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject:

The Righteous Gemstones returns tonight for Season 2.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The Mayor charges people to help people in prison get off or not get killed or out of whatever trouble they're in.

The season's finale is tomorrow. It should be explosive. It's a good series, I like it.

It has multiple storylines. Family, possible love, corruption, sex, to name a few.

I hope they renew it.

looks like there will be a Season 2 the way it ended with Littlefinger
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Righteous Gemstones returns tonight for Season 2.

Excellent watching now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Beltalowda!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:

That's exactly what I am not into. No point starting it if there isn't a decent conclusion or miniconclusion for some plotline, not with all the other good and some excellent stuff out there. Heck, I still want to watch Planet Earth 2 and Life documentary series.

Just my .02, but there is some different energy in season four that builds to some important things, and while snipes may not enjoy a little character development or sideline plot, the show did not drop off a cliff. One of the major plot lines looks like a tie in to a future show.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Just my .02, but there is some different energy in season four that builds to some important things, and while snipes may not enjoy a little character development or sideline plot, the show did not drop off a cliff. One of the major plot lines looks like a tie in to a future show.

Yup this is what it is. It’s character development ..just came in at an odd time but I get - they’re trying to tie it all into a future show or shows and create this Yellowstone universe. Now if season 5 is incredible..4 will be forgotten for me so there’s that. Reminds me of Homeland..I thought the third season was absolutely awful and I thought I was done with the show but then 4 came out and I thought it was one of the strongest seasons. I just don’t know when I’m going to finish 4 Yellowstone…I’m halfway through and I guess I’ll probably do it before the 5th is released.

One thing I will say that is just my opinion..I feel like the characters for hella corny this season in Yellowstone and there’s 1 too many attempts at making every dialogue into a hallmark card.

And on a side note..I started watching Person of Interest as my throw-on before bed and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Oh well this is also really helpful. I actually really like character development assuming it's not forever meandering. Meandering some with good character development is usually fine, but for too long...and the whatelsehaveigotinmyqueue starts to bubble. I just want to avoid build, build, build, and quality falls off a cliff and you never got some sort of decent conclusion to a sub or main storyline. Anyway, Yellowstone back in the queue, thanks.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:
focus wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Yup this is what it is. It’s character development ..just came in at an odd time but I get - they’re trying to tie it all into a future show or shows and create this Yellowstone universe. Now if season 5 is incredible..4 will be forgotten for me so there’s that. Reminds me of Homeland..I thought the third season was absolutely awful and I thought I was done with the show but then 4 came out and I thought it was one of the strongest seasons. I just don’t know when I’m going to finish 4 Yellowstone…I’m halfway through and I guess I’ll probably do it before the 5th is released.

One thing I will say that is just my opinion..I feel like the characters for hella corny this season in Yellowstone and there’s 1 too many attempts at making every dialogue into a hallmark card.

And on a side note..I started watching Person of Interest as my throw-on before bed and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.
I actually threw in the towel after Homeland season 3 which I agree was awful. It was not the only reason, but sealed the deal.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Beltalowda!

Was that it? Laconia proto origin is next? it’s over?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
I actually threw in the towel after Homeland season 3 which I agree was awful. It was not the only reason, but sealed the deal.

There's too much good television to watch these days to stick with a show that went to (bleep) the way Homeland did.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject:

I watched this past season of Succession....and I really enjoyed it. It has the whole Gilligan's Island issue at this point where you know they are never getting off that island......but if you can accept that the only thing happening each season is the deck chairs being rearranged, the maneuvering/dialogue is entertaining.

Tom visiting the "diner" each day to prepare for prison food was priceless.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject:

Also watched Season 2 of the Netflix series "Cheer"....and it was very good. Honestly I think "Cheer" is better than "Last Chance U".
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
focus wrote:

There's too much good television to watch these days to stick with a show that went to (bleep) the way Homeland did.

The Brody seasons was one of the best tho but yeah, went downhill after that
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

Power Book II: Ghost is in its second season. It's a good series but IMO it doesn't live up to Power.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

Power Book II: Ghost is in its second season. It's a good series but IMO it doesn't live up to Power.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject:

Euphoria is an awesome series

House of cards season 6... not the same without Frank Underwood and too many 'easily' killed characters, boring
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:07 am    Post subject:

I've been on a Netflix documentary binge in the past month. The Staircase, The Devil Next Door, The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Amanda Knox, and Misha And The Wolves are the ones I've watched, and I have been fascinated by all of them. Amanda Knox and Misha And The Wolves are about 90 minutes long, while the other 3 are multi-episode docuseries and are hours and hours long. I binge-watched many of those hours.

I was familiar with the Knox and McCann stories, as many of us probably are, but not with most of the specific details; I was struck by how horrifically inept and corrupt the policework is in both of these stories.

I found The Staircase to be particularly compelling not just because of the story of a husband accused of murdering his wife, but because of all the behind-the-scenes footage of his defense team as it prepares for trial and then during the trial itself, plus footage of the actual trial. The story takes many twists and turns, so I won't divulge more than that.

The Devil Next Door tells the story of a Ukrainian man who had emigrated to the Cleveland area decades earlier, in the 1950's. Now in his 60's with a wife and children and grandchildren, he gets deported to Israel in the 1980's to stand trial because authorities believed he was a former Nazi concentration camp officer, known as "Ivan The Terrible", who operated one of the gas chambers during WWII. The trial basically brought Israel to a standstill when it happened, and I can't believe I had never heard of this before. There's footage of this trial, too, and I was riveted. Like The Staircase, the documentary has many twists and turns.

Lastly, Misha And The Wolves is a story of a woman in Massachusetts who had moved to the U.S. from Europe, with her husband, in the 1980's. She stuns her congregation in a synagogue on Holocaust Remembrance Day by telling a harrowing tale of survival in the woods during WWII, as a 7-year-old girl, in an effort to find her deported parents, and that she was sheltered by a pack of wolves along the way. She is encouraged to publish her story as a book, and it eventually becomes a bestseller in Europe and is translated into 18 languages around the world. But is the story true? If you know the story, you know, but I didn't, so I was certainly captivated.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Also watched Season 2 of the Netflix series "Cheer"....and it was very good. Honestly I think "Cheer" is better than "Last Chance U".

this show is intense, it's a sport documentary lol (my ignorance ass), good find

Single Inferno... boooring, the feminine but muscular guys is an interesting cultural male standard (Koreans been dropping dope series, not this one)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject:

Last 3 episodes of Mayor of Kingston were fantastic. Do you want to sit through the first 7 episodes to get there? Maybe. Guess it depends on how much the cast and storyline appeal to you.

If Taylor Sheridan plays it right season 2 can be epic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 74 of 110
Jump to: