AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
My view on the awards this year:

Comeback POY
Torn on this one. I'd vote Burrow but think it's a coin flip between he and Dak.

I wonder what's the definition of "comeback"?

Is it:

1) Coming off of an injury?
2) Coming off of missing most of a season?
3) Coming off of a bad year (after you've had a good one previously)

I ask because Burrow played 10 games last year and had a very good rookie season. He only missed 6 games.

Also, can rookies be comeback player of the year after their rookie season? If so, what would they be "coming back" from? In essence, Burrow would be coming back from his great college season at LSU?

Yeah I think Burrow played too many games last year to really qualify, and while his injury was bad it wasn't quite as horrifying as Dak's.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
MVP
Rodgers will win
Brady should win

Odds:
1) Aaron Rodgers -625
2) Tom Brady +700
3) Joe Burrow +2000

Quote:
Offensive POY
Kupp will and should win

Odds:
1) Cooper Kupp -110
1) Jonathan Taylor -110

Quote:
Defensive POY
TJ Watt will win
Aaron Donald should win

Odds:
1) T.J. Watt -1450
2) Micah Parsons +950
3) Aaron Donald +1600

Quote:
Offensive ROY
Chase will and should win

Odds:
1) Ja’Marr Chase -250
2) Mac Jones +200

Quote:
Defensive ROY
Parsons will and should win

Odds:
1) Micah Parsons -10000
2) Patrick Surtain +900
3) Odafe Oweh +5000

Quote:
Comeback POY
Torn on this one. I'd vote Burrow but think it's a coin flip between he and Dak.

Odds:
1) Dak Prescott -175
2) Joe Burrow +135
3) Nick Bosa +6500

Quote:
Coach Of The Year
Vrabel will and should win.

Odds:
1) Zac Taylor (Cincinnati) +175
2) Matt Lafleur (Green Bay) +195
3) Mike Vrabel (Tennessee) +240
4) Bill Belichick (New England) +4000
5) Nick Sirianni (Philadelphia) +4000

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/awards/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Comeback POY

Is it:

I ask because Burrow played 10 games last year and had a very good rookie season. He only missed 6 games.

Also, can rookies be comeback player of the year after their rookie season? If so, what would they be "coming back" from? In essence, Burrow would be coming back from his great college season at LSU?

Yeah I think Burrow played too many games last year to really qualify, and while his injury was bad it wasn't quite as horrifying as Dak's.

Looks like he does qualify. So I guess it's just coming back from an injury, no matter how many games you've missed.

Quote:
Comeback player of the year odds:
1) Dak Prescott -175
2) Joe Burrow +135
3) Nick Bosa +6500
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Comeback POY

Is it:

Looks like he does qualify. So I guess it's just coming back from an injury, no matter how many games you've missed.

Quote:
1) Dak Prescott -175
2) Joe Burrow +135
3) Nick Bosa +6500

If the Cowboys get bounced out of the playoffs I wonder what will happen to Dak's odds?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Comeback POY

Is it:

Quote:
1) Dak Prescott -175
2) Joe Burrow +135
3) Nick Bosa +6500

If the Cowboys get bounced out of the playoffs I wonder what will happen to Dak's odds?

Votes have already been casted.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

NFL Wild Card Weekend

I need winners, give me your thoughts

Las Vegas at Cincinnati -6
New England at Buffalo -4
Philadelphia at Tampa Bay -9.5
San Francisco at Dallas -3
Pittsburgh at Kansas City -13
Arizona at LA Rams -4
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
NFL Wild Card Weekend

Arizona at LA Rams -4

Bills will win by at least 2 FG
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
NFL Wild Card Weekend

Arizona at LA Rams -4

Bills will win by at least 2 FG

It might get as cold as 0 degrees Saturday night in Orchard Park, NY for the Bills' game against the Pats. Not very windy, but weather that frigid does historically tend to inhibit passing in a big way. Could be another weather break for the Patriots against the Bills. I'll say this, I'd take the Under of that game, like lock it in now before it drops way lower. And it will drop way lower as the game gets closer, as more people get wise to the fact that the weather is expected to be so frigid.

The Raiders are on a short week and played 70 minutes of football Sunday night, and had a truly emotional win. As crazy as this sounds because it's a playoff game, I could see not only a natural letdown, but tired legs. So I like the Bengals to cover there.

I'd probably take the points and go with Philly over Tampa Bay, as even a game where Tampa is in total control doesn't guarantee a cover. Could easily see a backdoor cover there.

I'm going with Dallas over the 49ers, especially if Trent Williams can't play again. I think that Dallas has a better run defense than the Rams do, for one thing, and I also think they have a better pass rush. Also think Dak and the passing game are equipped to exploit the 49ers' pass defense weaknesses and that their offensive line is equipped to slow down the 49er pass rush.

I think the Steelers aren't very good, but I'd take the points there too. KC has played a lot of close playoff games, falling behind with regularity, and although it's hard for me to imagine the Pittsburgh offense doing much, 13 is a lot of points to cover. I could see something like 27-17 or 24-13, and I could see KC playing it relatively close to the vest in the 2nd half as they try to guard against turnovers, knowing that the Pittsburgh offense really doesn't pose much of a threat. I also never underestimate the officials' ability to give the Steelers favorable calls.

I'll take the Rams -4 against Arizona. Whereas the Rams have had huge trouble against the 49ers, McVay has handled the Arizona matchup pretty well over the last 3 years, and Arizona has generally looked pretty terrible over the past few weeks. I don't fully trust Stafford, but this line is low enough to where I'd lay the points.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
NFL Wild Card Weekend

Arizona at LA Rams -4

San Francisco, iffy on Arizona.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Comeback POY

Is it:

Quote:
1) Dak Prescott -175
2) Joe Burrow +135
3) Nick Bosa +6500

Votes have already been casted.

I knew that. Thanks for shaking the cobwebs off the gray matter

Another award that hinges on emotions. Nick Bosa wants Joe Burrow to win because they're friends. I don't think he has a vote.

When it comes to awards, I'ma git on the IDGAF bus.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The game that jumped out at me initially is SF at Dallas.

I am calling an upset special here and taking the 49ers.

I like Buffalo also, but I would like it a lot better at -3 then -4.

I agree with ChickenStu that Tampa Bay will likely cover and that Kansas City likely will not.

Las Vegas vs. Cincinnati I have no feel for, I would probably take the Raiders and the points but not sure about that one.

I do like the Rams over the Cardinals but again would like it a LOT better at -3 instead of -4.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
MVP
Rodgers will win
Brady should win

Odds:
1) Aaron Rodgers -625
2) Tom Brady +700
3) Joe Burrow +2000

Quote:
Offensive POY
Kupp will and should win

Odds:
1) Cooper Kupp -110
1) Jonathan Taylor -110

Quote:
Defensive POY
TJ Watt will win
Aaron Donald should win

Odds:
1) T.J. Watt -1450
2) Micah Parsons +950
3) Aaron Donald +1600

Quote:
Offensive ROY
Chase will and should win

Odds:
1) Ja’Marr Chase -250
2) Mac Jones +200

Quote:
Defensive ROY
Parsons will and should win

Odds:
1) Micah Parsons -10000
2) Patrick Surtain +900
3) Odafe Oweh +5000

Quote:
Comeback POY

Odds:
1) Dak Prescott -175
2) Joe Burrow +135
3) Nick Bosa +6500

Quote:
Coach Of The Year
Vrabel will and should win.

Odds:
1) Zac Taylor (Cincinnati) +175
2) Matt Lafleur (Green Bay) +195
3) Mike Vrabel (Tennessee) +240
4) Bill Belichick (New England) +4000
5) Nick Sirianni (Philadelphia) +4000

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/awards/

Rodgers All-Pro 1st team, most likely MVP winner.

Not sure why narrative built for him so strongly, it seems people woke up to the fact that all he had going for him was low INT's (PFF had the turnover worth plays as 14 with 732 dropbacks (Brady) and 12 with 587 (Rodgers) and QB rating.

I thought Brady was clear MVP based on raw statistics and advanced metrics. Such is the randomness with MVP, just like Shaq/Kobe having 1 each lmao.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

^
I agree that Brady should be the MVP. They're both truly elite players but the narrative swung heavily to Rodgers, for some reason. And while I realize the Packers are the #1 seed, the two teams finished with the same record, and, furthermore, the Bucs had exactly double the point differential that Green Bay had (+158 to +79).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I agree that Brady should be the MVP. They're both truly elite players but the narrative swung heavily to Rodgers, for some reason. And while I realize the Packers are the #1 seed, the two teams finished with the same record, and, furthermore, the Bucs had exactly double the point differential that Green Bay had (+158 to +79).

I am speculating without verifying, but I would assume some of the differential could be explained by the SOS? Honestly, if Rodgers narrowly edged out Brady, I would not have much of a complaint because there is a legit argument for Rodgers......but I am a little baffled that it seems to have become a near consensus that Rodgers is the MVP. The only real argument that Rodgers has is the TD to interception ratio, but I would have thought the wide gap in overall passing yards and TD's would have been enough to lift Brady over Rodgers.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

I am speculating without verifying, but I would assume some of the differential could be explained by the SOS? Honestly, if Rodgers narrowly edged out Brady, I would not have much of a complaint because there is a legit argument for Rodgers......but I am a little baffled that it seems to have become a near consensus that Rodgers is the MVP. The only real argument that Rodgers has is the TD to interception ratio, but I would have thought the wide gap in overall passing yards and TD's would have been enough to lift Brady over Rodgers.

Here are the 3 main factors:

1) I think it's the consistency. After that one bad first game, Rodgers never had another bad game. Brady had more bad games than Rodgers.

2) Strong finish. Dude finished the year with 20 TD and 0 INT in his last 7 games. Brady was leading until that NO game. That game put Rodgers over the top of Brady. Also, that Jets game hurt Brady because they were trailing in the 4th qt I think.

3) Best overall record. It was so close that whoever took the no. 1 seed was going to win. That's what it really came down to. If TB ended up with the no. 1 seed, Brady was going to win.

I think the voting was close. But close in the essence that most of the voters saw it as Rodgers narrowly edging out Brady for the factors listed above.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Here are the 3 main factors:

1) I think it's the consistency. After that one bad first game, Rodgers never had another bad game. Brady had more bad games than Rodgers.

2) Strong finish. Dude finished the year with 20 TD and 0 INT in his last 7 games. Brady was leading until that NO game. That game put Rodgers over the top of Brady. Also, that Jets game hurt Brady because they were trailing in the 4th qt I think.

3) Best overall record. It was so close that whoever took the no. 1 seed was going to win. That's what it really came down to. If TB ended up with the no. 1 seed, Brady was going to win.

I think the voting was close. But close in the essence that most of the voters saw it as Rodgers narrowly edging out Brady for the factors listed above.

Agreed, I feel the answers is a bit in all of these posts. Rodgers is legendary with minimal INT's - I also suspect a little too cautious generally, and it can be a hinderance if you think of it from a macro perspective, always a trade-off in risk/reward, can't have it all, just a tangent and issue I have when talkings heads screaming about low INT's.

Burrows had a fantastic season as well. Also Brady, Rodgers, Burrows all show also how misleading QB rating has become it, probably should be revised to account for YAC since a big component of the rating is YPA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Disappointing showing by the Raiders so far.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Raiders are killing themselves with holding penalties. 3 on this drive.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Raiders are killing themselves with holding penalties. 3 on this drive.

last last one was devastating costing them the TD
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Bengals not letting the Raiders get close enough to have a chance....this one looks close to being over.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bengals not letting the Raiders get close enough to have a chance....this one looks close to being over.

Yep. I'm switching to the Bucks - Raptors basketball. 44 37 Bucks 3;37 2nd quarter,

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Clock is the enemy of the Raiders now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Raiders making it interesting.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Bengals pick off the 4th down attempt...game over.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Did I just watch the Raiders spike the ball on 1st and Goal with 29 seconds left, and then throw the ball to a double-covered receiver short of the goal line on 4th down?

Yes, yes I did. Dumbfounding.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 109 of 335
Jump to: