This season is over when we traded for Westbrick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

When the trade happened, I thought 1stly it would not work. It was an interesting collab. I didn't like what all we gave up. The same with AD. I feel Rob is trigger happy. I know I know, it's Klutch, whatever. I got behind it because you never know, players tend to be a little more efficient amongst Lebron. Maybe they will make it work. When Westbrook started playing, when Bron was out, I felt the team needs to play to Russ's ability; even went as far as saying giving him the keys. Of course it was based on what Westbrook's attitude, and his willingness to win. I liked his energy. Then we lost 2 games vs the thunder, amongst other games. Lebron got back, and the Westbrook idea for me, I let it go. Not because we lost, because of what I seen from Westbrook as a player. It ran it's course. He has one of the worst IQ's I have seen. I can't even watch him play. If we gave Westbrook the keys, he would drive us off the cliff. Watching him, makes me realize why KD left. I don't respect KD going to the Warriors, but it is what it is, it's his decision, I just understand wanting to leave Westbrook. Westbrook needs a team all to his self, where he is the only star, and other young players around him potentially develop into good players.

Maybe during the duration of the season, I change my mind. Maybe he develops something great for us. I guess we will find out.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
slavavov wrote:
The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.

Except for Nunn. And Rondo. And THT. And Bradley. And Caruso if we had resigned him.

Nunn, THT, Bradley and Caruso aren't floor generals. Rondo used to be a great one, but he is washed up now, and even in 2020 he only played well once every several games.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
markjay wrote:
slavavov wrote:
The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.

Except for Nunn. And Rondo. And THT. And Bradley. And Caruso if we had resigned him.

Nunn, THT, Bradley and Caruso aren't floor generals. Rondo used to be a great one, but he is washed up now, and even in 2020 he only played well once every several games.

Russ has not really been a floor general either, except when Lebron goes to the bench. And his level of play has been that of a backup point guard. Seems like his production could've been very easily found for much cheaper.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
slavavov wrote:
markjay wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Russ has not really been a floor general either, except when Lebron goes to the bench. And his level of play has been that of a backup point guard. Seems like his production could've been very easily found for much cheaper.

Who could we have gotten with the MMLE who would've been good at pushing the pace, attacking the rim, getting 5-8 assists per game and being a good enough 3-point shooter?
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Season?

I'm concerned this is gonna set us back a decade. I'd like to see another title in my lifetime.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
Season?

I'm concerned this is gonna set us back a decade. I'd like to see another title in my lifetime.

If we don't get a star FA in 2023, then yeah definitely. It really depends on how AD holds up and at what level he is playing at.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
slavavov wrote:
markjay wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Who could we have gotten with the MMLE who would've been good at pushing the pace, attacking the rim, getting 5-8 assists per game and being a good enough 3-point shooter?

We could have traded somebody, especially for a backup.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Face it Pelinka panicked. What he did last year mostly worked and would have worked had AD and Lebron got hurt. So they trade for a washed up, square peg in a round hole and throw a ton of assets at it to make it work. Then change complete philosophies by going micro small. What a train wreck.

Why does Rob still have a job? WHO thought this would work? The team has no assets, is cap strapped for years and has almost no shot to win this year. Danny Ainge and Rob Pelinka are in a contest to see who can screw up the most.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
Season?

This might be a long drought just like after Kobe retired.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
Season?

If we don't get a star FA in 2023, then yeah definitely. It really depends on how AD holds up and at what level he is playing at.

Don't get your hopes up on that one.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Trading for WB was franchise suicide. They dealt three contributing young players on very reasonable deals, and a first for basically an overpaid, untradeable player who doesn't fit.

Game over, thanks for playing LeGm
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

This trade is similar to when we went all in on Steve Nash.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Trading for WB was franchise suicide. They dealt three contributing young players on very reasonable deals, and a first for basically an overpaid, untradeable player who doesn't fit.

Game over, thanks for playing LeGm

poor judgement
lack of common sense
how can anyone be so stupid?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
markjay wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Still on your bullcrap narrative that we needed another elite playmaker?

The Suns are currently the top seed in the west. Their backup PG, Cameron Payne is averaging only 3.6 APG. 36 year old Chris Paul is only averaging 32 minutes per game.

Meanwhile, 37 yr old Lebron together with another elite playmaker has to play the most minutes he's ever had to as a laker and we're struggling to be a .500 team.

Caruso and Nunn are more than capable of handling those non Lebron minutes and give us 4 and 3 APG if we ask them to.

Fit is much much more important than the need for another elite playmaker. There is more than 1 way to rest Lebron. We could be blowing teams away with a better constructed starting 5(AKA no Russell Westbrook) which would lessen Bron's minutes at the end of games. Lebron wouldn't need to push himself at the end of the season trying to get us to the play-in tournament because we'd most likely be at a better position in the standings and could actually take a few games off to prepare for the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

If the Laker coaching staff had any offensive chops they could use Lebron and Westbrook as primary and secondary creators. Have the other 3 players in motion and screening and I think that the efficiency improves. A simple triangle set that they can steal. Beats the Lebron and Westbrook taking turns pounding the ball then throw up a bad 3 offense we see so often.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
slavavov wrote:
markjay wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Still on your bullcrap narrative that we needed another elite playmaker?

The Suns are currently the top seed in the west. Their backup PG, Cameron Payne is averaging only 3.6 APG. 36 year old Chris Paul is only averaging 32 minutes per game.

Meanwhile, 37 yr old Lebron together with another elite playmaker has to play the most minutes he's ever had to as a laker and we're struggling to be a .500 team.

Caruso and Nunn are more than capable of handling those non Lebron minutes and give us 4 and 3 APG if we ask them to.

Fit is much much more important than the need for another elite playmaker. There is more than 1 way to rest Lebron. We could be blowing teams away with a better constructed starting 5(AKA no Russell Westbrook) which would lessen Bron's minutes at the end of games. Lebron wouldn't need to push himself at the end of the season trying to get us to the play-in tournament because we'd most likely be at a better position in the standings and could actually take a few games off to prepare for the playoffs.

exactly what I have been saying.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject:

This team if it manages to make the playoffs is one and done....they ain't beating the Warriors, Grizzlies or Suns.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder, KCP, Trezl, Kuz for Russell freakin Westbrick
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Lebron but his own grave with Westbrook trade

No more chips for u bron… be smart and request a trade bro
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Season(s) were over after the Bubble/ring.

Losing to Phoenix was the dagger.

Getting Westbrook? Like putting in Jared Dudley to please the crowd/get tacos because we are already down 20 with 2min left.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

Getting Westbrook? Like putting in Jared Dudley to please the crowd/get tacos because we are already down 20 with 2min left.

How the (bleep) was it over after winning the ring?

We were dominating season after before our stars got injured.

This team was done as soon as we traded away all our defense in favor of WB and shooters who cant play defense.

We should have run it back last seasons squad was not healthy.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers aren’t coming back from this Denver loss by 37. Especially after info leaked about a spirited practice session about playing defense. This season is over. This is likely the beginning of several years of embarrassing performances like the time we had 4 straight years of lottery.

Grateful for the tie for most championships at #17, but suffering through this season and 3+ more like it or worse...don’t know if it was worth it.

I think if I could take the blue pill and continue “as is” having won #17
or
take a red pill and go back with the young drafted core I would take the red pill and take my chances of winning with no LeBron, no A Davis, no Westbrook.

Zubac, T Bryant
J Randle, Nance
Ingram, Hart
Russel, Clarkson
Ball

Championships on not I believe I could have been proud to root for the team above. I never thought after 43 years that I would accept anything except a championship but I’m at the point now where I may be able to feel what fans of other teams feel, just sick going through season after season of being a joke of a team.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Snipes wrote:

How the (bleep) was it over after winning the ring?

We were dominating season after before our stars got injured.

This team was done as soon as we traded away all our defense in favor of WB and shooters who cant play defense.

We should have run it back last seasons squad was not healthy.

Completely agree, last year’s team was leading the league briefly at one point. Should have run it back, including Dennis, Harrel, and Drummond. When they saw other team’s offers I believe each would have returned based on what they signed for. Only changed perhaps Dwight and Cousins in place of Drummond and Gaso

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
The Lakers aren’t coming back from this Denver loss by 37. Especially after info leaked about a spirited practice session about playing defense. This season is over. This is likely the beginning of several years of embarrassing performances like the time we had 4 straight years of lottery.

Grateful for the tie for most championships at #17, but suffering through this season and 3+ more like it or worse...don’t know if it was worth it.

or
take a red pill and go back with the young drafted core I would take the red pill and take my chances of winning with no LeBron, no A Davis, no Westbrook.

Zubac, T Bryant
J Randle, Nance
Ingram, Hart
Russel, Clarkson
Ball

Championships on not I believe I could have been proud to root for the team above. I never thought after 43 years that I would accept anything except a championship but I’m at the point now where I may be able to feel what fans of other teams feel, just sick going through season after season of being a joke of a team.

1. Where’s Kuzma and Caruso?
2. Remember how fans treated Russell and remember how every Lakers half media treated Ingram because they were upset Russell got traded? That team would have gotten booed out of Staples every night.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:

or

Zubac, T Bryant
J Randle, Nance
Ingram, Hart
Russel, Clarkson
Ball

1. Where’s Kuzma and Caruso?
2. Remember how fans treated Russell and remember how every Lakers half media treated Ingram because they were upset Russell got traded? That team would have gotten booed out of Staples every night.

This current team should get the same as you suggest booded ...that is my point. If we gonna suck at least do it with our current and future draft picks so some of us could root for home grown talent (drafted players) and see hope for the future possible drafts. These mercenaries are hard to root for during horrible times and most of our draft picks are gone.

Oh, and Kuzma, Caruso are part of the Matrix, I opted out of that with the red pill 💊 lol!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: