The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Bron has dumbfounded me. he's playing INSANE for a guy with nearly 20 years of NBA mileage, he's arguably a basketball savant, yet he nearly single highhandedly sabotaged his end of career legacy by pushing for the Westbrook trade.

i mean a guy as smart as Lebron couldn't see that WB was NOT what he needed to get to the mountain top at least one more time? that Russ's stats were fools gold?

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lebron - possibly the greatest player of all time. Debate this or that, but everyone can admit he’s in that conversation.

LeGM - one of the worst in the game. Doesn’t even know what asset management is and it’s the reason he has sabotaged the end of his career. Hard to keep up with Steph and KD when they allow their respective organization to maneuver with the assets.

GS and Nets have set themselves up well for a 2-4 year run here.

GS is gonna pay what, $280M in taxes these last two seasons? Nets being large payers as well. Houston allowed Harden to go where he wanted as a thank you, taking less value than they could've received elsewhere. But KD and Steph get an attaboy... lol give me a damn break

Before you respond next, go take a look at the transactions and asset management those 2 teams made. I’ll give you a hint: it was before February of 2020.

The only break was the lottery picks for GS because of Klay and Steph long-term injuries. At least they had the lottery picks, if day to Davis misses the entire season that nice pick will be in the Pels hands.

Let’s also see how bad the Lakers strike out on trades because LeGM said (bleep) the first round pick just give it to the wizards for a negative contract.

Go look into it…it’s all available and documented.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

As a Laker fan, I have to laugh when the Lebron (follow him everywhere) fans say oh poor Lebron, etc.

It’s self sabotage lol. He wants a big say in personnel decisions, that’s fine because many superstars get those perks…but when you want to be LeGM to the point where the front office has to work around your demands by pissing away assets…well then it’s not “poor Lebron.”

He did it in Cleveland and he does it in LA. He left Miami and Cleveland because they too ran out of assets and eventually they got tired of LeGM just as much as he got tired of carrying his teams which he basically put together himself.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Bron has dumbfounded me. he's playing INSANE for a guy with nearly 20 years of NBA mileage, he's arguably a basketball savant, yet he nearly single highhandedly sabotaged his end of career legacy by pushing for the Westbrook trade.

i mean a guy as smart as Lebron couldn't see that WB was NOT what he needed to get to the mountain top at least one more time? that Russ's stats were fools gold?

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lebron - possibly the greatest player of all time. Debate this or that, but everyone can admit he’s in that conversation.

LeGM - one of the worst in the game. Doesn’t even know what asset management is and it’s the reason he has sabotaged the end of his career. Hard to keep up with Steph and KD when they allow their respective organization to maneuver with the assets.

GS is gonna pay what, $280M in taxes these last two seasons? Nets being large payers as well. Houston allowed Harden to go where he wanted as a thank you, taking less value than they could've received elsewhere. But KD and Steph get an attaboy... lol give me a damn break

Before you respond next, go take a look at the transactions and asset management those 2 teams made. I’ll give you a hint: it was before February of 2020.

The only break was the lottery picks for GS because of Klay and Steph long-term injuries. At least they had the lottery picks, if day to Davis misses the entire season that nice pick will be in the Pels hands.

Let’s also see how bad the Lakers strike out on trades because LeGM said (bleep) the first round pick just give it to the wizards for a negative contract.

I've seen enough of Vasashi's posts to know how poorly the Lakers have managed assets the last four years. If you want to put that at the feet of Lebron, I'm not gonna try and stop you.
The Russ trade really sucks, but we could've spent more in order to shore up some weaknesses.
He's much older than KD and Steph, and the desperation heave for Russ reflected his desire to have someone else break down defenses. After all, Harden and Kyrie do it for KD and Draymond does it for Steph.
It sucks, but I think the circumstances are sufficiently different that "sabotage" is pretty harsh.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject:

To each his own. LeGM has a track record across 3 organizations.

So yeah, he is the common denominator.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

championship is another.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

GS drafted Klay and Steph and DG, of course they are going to have assets, they compounded that by tanking a year.
we didn't draft Lebron and had to trade to AD, and that's quite different.
before any of the "young core" guys start, no, they are not as good or even close to the Warriors young core.
even with all that, the owners of the warriors are willing to pay 174 mil tax just for this year, and even crazier next year to compete. if Jeanie wanted to compete, she'd resigned AC and even resigned DS as a trade piece. the single biggest reason we couldn't make a run at CP3 is because we didn't have contracts to match the numbers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

championship is another.

Yes. He goes all out for 1 and then boom roller coaster 🎢 down.

It’s fine. It’s just not “poor Lebron.”

Also wouldn’t surprise me if Steph and KD pass 4 chips because they are more asset management friendly player GMs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

GS drafted Klay and Steph and DG, of course they are going to have assets, they compounded that by tanking a year.
before any of the "young core" guys start, no, they are not as good or even close to the Warriors young core.
even with all that, the owners of the warriors are willing to pay 174 mil tax just for this year, and even crazier next year to compete. if Jeanie wanted to compete, she'd resigned AC and even resigned DS as a trade piece. the single biggest reason we couldn't make a run at CP3 is because we didn't have contracts to match the numbers.

Nah. Piss poor asset management always happens with Klutch.

Lakers had assets, even after the AD trade. They had plenty of assets pre-Lebron too that they wasted in their chase of dating and marrying Klutch.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

championship is another.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if Steph and KD pass 4 chips because they are more asset management friendly player GMs.

They'll have to "get" to 4 championships before they can "pass" 4 championships - and they had to team up to win 2 over LeBron.

I understand - but don't agree with - the bashing of LeBron & Pelinka. I wasn't a big proponent of the WB trade, but I knew what they were trying to do and I cannot dump on it until the Big 3 has 30 games together under their belts. Dump on Vogel, dump on Jeanie, dump on Rob, dump on LeBron . . . but the real culprits are LeBron's abdominal muscles, AD's shoulder and AD's MCL.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

All Jeannie Buss thinking about right now on LeBron is: "another super star's farewell season coming soon, we the Lakers are expert at this kind of stuff"
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lakers had assets, even after the AD trade. They had plenty of assets pre-Lebron too that they wasted in their chase of dating and marrying Klutch.

it comes from the top, i am sure Lebron would've loved for Jeanie to keep AC, and if Jeanie is the owner of the Warriors, she'd attach 1st round picks just to get rid of the Wiggins contract.
also i want to point out KD and Kyrie went to the Nets as free agents, and they gave up a lot for Harden. if AD came to us via free agency like Lebron, we'd have a lot of assets too. in fact they have more draft obligations than us. however, they have an owner who is willing to spend as well.
if the goal was to set up a 2-4 years run, that's what we did, it just didn't work out because of the injuries last year, and the Westbrook trade.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

championship is another.

They'll have to "get" to 4 championships before they can "pass" 4 championships - and they had to team up to win 2 over LeBron.

I understand - but don't agree with - the bashing of LeBron & Pelinka. I wasn't a big proponent of the WB trade, but I knew what they were trying to do and I cannot dump on it until the Big 3 has 30 games together under their belts. Dump on Vogel, dump on Jeanie, dump on Rob, dump on LeBron . . . but the real culprits are LeBron's abdominal muscles, AD's shoulder and AD's MCL.

you forgot the Soloman jonesed right ankle of Lebron and AD's calf
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
All Jeannie Buss thinking about right now on LeBron is: "another super star's farewell season coming soon, we the Lakers are expert at this kind of stuff"

It's anyone's guess how long Lebron will play (I suspect he doesn't know himself). It's also anyone's guess if the Lakers will be his final team.

For the fun of it, Lebron is 8 years and 348 days from being the oldest player in NBA history, so if that's a record he cares about it will come in the 2031-32 season.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Teams trade away their entire futures and get a conference finals at best out of it. We got a title. Not sure how any true fan of a team can say that getting a title isn’t worth it. Like, what are you rooting for then?

i always come back to this, we traded our so called assets for AD, but at the same time, people need to realize that AD is a huge asset himself. if any team wants to trade for him, they have to pay us a hefty price. although his decline in age and his injuries might have ticked down his value, but he is still an asset.
he was 26 at the time of the trade, you pay a lot for 26 year old superstars period.

That's a good point people overlook. It's not like we traded Ingram, Ball, and Hart for a 40-year-old guy. We traded them for a young superstar who might well be on the team for 5 years more.

That said, it's hard to fight the forces of "what might have been," because they can always imagine amazing alternative realities.

Yeah, a championship was great and all but imagine if we kept Ingram, Ball and Hart! Who knows? We might’ve even gotten a championship!

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Lebron might have a saying on personnel... But I highly doubt he has the last saying on who they can sign or resign to stay. AC situation kind of proves that. At the end Jeanie controls the money and only up to her how much shes willing to pay. You can only do so much if an owner is not willing to pay.

GS on the other hand was able to build a championship homegrown, which is rare situations. Not sure how many teams in the last 20 years won a title with the top 2-3 players they drafted. One thing they have an owner who's willing to spend any cost to contend. The owner last couple years even ponied up high tax money on a lotto team. Reason they have all the assets now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Teams trade away their entire futures and get a conference finals at best out of it. We got a title. Not sure how any true fan of a team can say that getting a title isn’t worth it. Like, what are you rooting for then?

i always come back to this, we traded our so called assets for AD, but at the same time, people need to realize that AD is a huge asset himself. if any team wants to trade for him, they have to pay us a hefty price. although his decline in age and his injuries might have ticked down his value, but he is still an asset.
he was 26 at the time of the trade, you pay a lot for 26 year old superstars period.

That's a good point people overlook. It's not like we traded Ingram, Ball, and Hart for a 40-year-old guy. We traded them for a young superstar who might well be on the team for 5 years more.

That said, it's hard to fight the forces of "what might have been," because they can always imagine amazing alternative realities.

Yeah, a championship was great and all but imagine if we kept Ingram, Ball and Hart! Who knows? We might’ve even gotten a championship!

I take “we got a championship” over “we might’ve even gotten a championship” any day of the week.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I am thrilled with the championship.

But at some point is there a tipping point where the cost in assets and drama start to outweigh that championship?

Lakers have four years of James centered teams. If this year continues to trend as it seems, we are looking at three seasons of underachieving teams, each with its own special level of chaos.

The season they won was a unique case of taking four months off and ending with a 30 game sprint to the finish. It fell into place for many reasons and coveted for its timing. But not a strategy that can be replicated.

So how many more years of underachieving and frustratingly non competitive level of play by a roster filled with knuckleheads is acceptable until the championship is paid off?

Looks like at least one more year next year. And the draft picks are still gone or swapped for few more seasons. Essentially 5-6 (or more)seasons of mediocrity and then starting a rebuild in trade for that one championship and James wearing our jersey.

Worth it? At the moment, I’d say yes. But every crappy drama filled season after this starts tipping those scales.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm extremely grateful to have LeBron. He's the reason we've even been relevant again, and although I don't rank him as high on the all-time lists as many others, I really appreciate him, both on and off the court.

But I don't love him the way I love Kobe, or the way I would've loved Magic if I were around in the 80s.

For one, LeBron doesn't have the same kind of killer instinct. Another is his narcissistic qualities (publicly calling himself the GOAT, a few of his IG posts), the way he seemingly quits on his teams when things go south, etc.

Besides him being the shadow GM, I've always wondered if someday we may regret teaming up with Klutch Sports. I wonder if it may get to the point where LeBron and Rich Paul want a certain player, and Pelinka says no, then LeBron leaves the Lakers, if Paul may get vindictive and not let any of his players ever play for the Lakers.

I also wonder, if things don't turn around this season, if we may start seeing "reports" that LeBron is thinking of leaving the Lakers next year when his contract expires. It has happened at every stop: a year or two before he actually leaves, there is a media report that he may or will likely leave when he can become a free agent.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:42 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I'm extremely grateful to have LeBron. He's the reason we've even been relevant again, and although I don't rank him as high on the all-time lists as many others, I really appreciate him, both on and off the court.

But I don't love him the way I love Kobe, or the way I would've loved Magic if I were around in the 80s.

For one, LeBron doesn't have the same kind of killer instinct. Another is his narcissistic qualities (publicly calling himself the GOAT, a few of his IG posts), the way he seemingly quits on his teams when things go south, etc.

Besides him being the shadow GM, I've always wondered if someday we may regret teaming up with Klutch Sports. I wonder if it may get to the point where LeBron and Rich Paul want a certain player, and Pelinka says no, then LeBron leaves the Lakers, if Paul may get vindictive and not let any of his players ever play for the Lakers.

I also wonder, if things don't turn around this season, if we may start seeing "reports" that LeBron is thinking of leaving the Lakers next year when his contract expires. It has happened at every stop: a year or two before he actually leaves, there is a media report that he may or will likely leave when he can become a free agent.

There is definitely a disconnect between the front office, coach and players. Look what the clippers have been able to do missing their two stars. That’s because the ownership, gm, and coach worked together. I expressed this in my own thread. I’m not looking to blame one, I’m expressing that a franchise must function as one.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

Best 4th quarter defenders according to DFG%:

Jrue Holiday - 31.1%
Draymond Green - 32.2%
Matisse Thybulle - 33%
Davion Mitchell - 33.6%
Robert Williams - 33.7%
Caleb Martin - 33.9%
Chris Boucher - 34.3%
LeBron James - 35.6%
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

Jrue Holiday - 31.1%
Draymond Green - 32.2%
Matisse Thybulle - 33%
Davion Mitchell - 33.6%
Robert Williams - 33.7%
Caleb Martin - 33.9%
Chris Boucher - 34.3%
LeBron James - 35.6%

This isn’t surprising at all. When LeBron wants to play defense he can still dominate on that end for a stretch. We’ve seen it all season long in fourth quarters. The problem is that he’s not playing nearly good enough defense in the first three quarters, particularly on the back line.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

Jrue Holiday - 31.1%
Draymond Green - 32.2%
Matisse Thybulle - 33%
Davion Mitchell - 33.6%
Robert Williams - 33.7%
Caleb Martin - 33.9%
Chris Boucher - 34.3%
LeBron James - 35.6%

This isn’t surprising at all. When LeBron wants to play defense he can still dominate on that end for a stretch. We’ve seen it all season long in fourth quarters. The problem is that he’s not playing nearly good enough defense in the first three quarters, particularly on the back line.

He’s too old to keep up the defensive effort for a full game these days. He’s more valuable to us on offense so it makes sense that most of his effort go towards that end. Though would like to see a bit more on D even if Lebrons O suffers a bit
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Remember when we traded Lonzo + Ingram
For a guy we could have gotten in free agency for free a year later? Yeah Klutch and Lebron have a history of going all out and
gutting a franchise for years to come. Don’t know why people make an excuse for this. Thank god we got that ring.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Remember when we traded Lonzo + Ingram
For a guy we could have gotten in free agency for free a year later? Yeah Klutch and Lebron have a history of going all out and
gutting a franchise for years to come. Don’t know why people make an excuse for this. Thank god we got that ring.

Just like how they waited and got PG13 and Kawhi for free...

The FO/Klutch has supplied plenty to complain about but not waiting for AD isn't one of them at all imo. You could absolutely make a very valid case we traded too much which I personally don't agree with but I at least fully understand that angle.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Request a trade to the Cavs please
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1660 of 2079
Jump to: