Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
But Lebron told us all we are the Brady first year Bucs

Bron just forgot he is not Brady

If Lebron were Brady, he would take an extremely large paycut to help the team sign other players.

Then again, Brady is married to a wife that’s richer than him. So that helps too.

Tom Brady is making 25 mil per year while because of the loopholes/signing bonus of NFL salary rules, his cap hit is only 10.5 mil
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-bradys-contract-details-buccaneers/1dxnys93a6wqs1uffpku8cbiz1
so what extremely large paycut did Tom take?
also Lebron's net worth might be higher than Tom and his wife combined given his success in his business and that Nike lifetime deal (1bil), but that's really insignificant to talk about.

Brady did make less than his value in New England, he reworked his contract at least twice to give the team cap space.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Good podcast on Russ

https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1481813168276086784

Who are these guys? Is the podcast any good?

Now a days everyone has a podcast... Just saying

Exactly. I saw some stats where the people who listen to podcasts went up 20% over 2 years, while the number of podcasts went up 1300%.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If Lebron were Brady, he would take an extremely large paycut to help the team sign other players.

Then again, Brady is married to a wife that’s richer than him. So that helps too.

Tom Brady is making 25 mil per year while because of the loopholes/signing bonus of NFL salary rules, his cap hit is only 10.5 mil
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-bradys-contract-details-buccaneers/1dxnys93a6wqs1uffpku8cbiz1
also Lebron's net worth might be higher than Tom and his wife combined given his success in his business and that Nike lifetime deal (1bil), but that's really insignificant to talk about.

Brady did make less than his value in New England, he reworked his contract at least twice to give the team cap space.

rework contract by using signing bonus to reduce cap hit is not taking a large paycut. if they allow signing bonus in the NBA, all hell will break loose.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The minute Russ said “If we win a championship great. If not, life goes on.” is when the heat really turned on.

Can’t be saying that on the Lakers and then play like (bleep).

OMG yes!!! I couldn't believe what I heard. He is not Laker material!!! Lakers are about rings. Dude is all about stats!!!! We do not like that type of attitude. Russ couldn't have played with Kobe, damn!!! He would have asked for a trade a long time ago..

NOw he pouting and costing us games. But no one has the guts to bench him
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Russ went 1-7 at the rim last night...

Ouch. Before this bad 3 game stretch, he wasn't much better. Maybe going like 3-7

And we probably won that game if he went 3/7, lol

To be fair, some of those attempts were tough shots. Russ was driving into 2 or 3 guys, off-balance, side of the basket, etc. Now why he put himself into those situations and still thought it was a good idea to shoot is a different issue.

It's about decision making. Why you driving on 2-3 guys when you can kick out to the open shooter? Those moves of his always turn into TOs or missed at the rim. It's annoying
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
There is a ‘rising belief’ around the league that Sacramento will trade Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield before the trade deadline, per
@TheSteinLine

Russ/2027 1st/THT do it rob!
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
·
1h
According to
@massey_evan
the Raptors and Pacers have discussed a Myles Turner / OG Anunoby trade

Damn
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
There is a ‘rising belief’ around the league that Sacramento will trade Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield before the trade deadline, per
@TheSteinLine

I would take Harrison Barnes
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Exactly. I saw some stats where the people who listen to podcasts went up 20% over 2 years, while the number of podcasts went up 1300%.

I believe it. It's a lot easier to spend 30 to 60 minutes pontificating and spitting out hot takes than to spend a few hours writing an article with original ideas. Everyone wants to be a pundit, no one wants to do the hard work.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The Brady thing has been extensively reported. He has chosen to leave money on the table in order to give his teams room to sign players. Business Insider calculated that Brady, over the course of his career, was paid $60 million less than he could have easily gotten. Other folks have estimated he made $100 million less than he could have.

Lebron has left some money on the table, too, when he signed with Miami. But nowhere near Brady. However, Brady is such a unique case that I wouldn't expect anyone to follow it. Lebron would have to leave a ridiculous amount of money on the table to significantly change things for the Lakers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
logical24 wrote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
@TheSteinLine

I would take Harrison Barnes

Why? We have LeBron.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I always wondered why more star players towards the tail end of their career don't take pay cuts to maximize their chances of winning.

1. The money is guaranteed; the winning isn't.

2. Players don't want to be perceived as having to give up a ton of money to win; they are afraid it would be perceived as buying a championship.

3. The money is as important or more important to the players as winning.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I believe it. It's a lot easier to spend 30 to 60 minutes pontificating and spitting out hot takes than to spend a few hours writing an article with original ideas. Everyone wants to be a pundit, no one wants to do the hard work.

I like podcasts with some depth -- where they dig out and analyze information, and combine it with interviews and storytelling.

Podcasts where a couple of guys just have a conversation, and give their opinions, are generally a waste of time. It's like listening to radio programs where fans call in with their opinions and questions -- I don't understand why anyone bothers with that type of thing.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The craziest thing is, all Westbrook needs is a shot. If he had a shot, Lakers would skyrocket up. Or if he had great IQ the Lakers would skyrocket upwards, but his strengths are not necessarily what the Lakers need. His strengths actually hurt the team; like he forces assists, rather than surveying the floor and setting up the best shot and sacrificing defense to get rebounds.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The craziest thing is, all Westbrook needs is a shot. If he had a shot, Lakers would skyrocket up. Or if he had great IQ the Lakers would skyrocket upwards, but his strengths are not necessarily what the Lakers need. His strengths actually hurt the team; like he forces assists, rather than surveying the floor and setting up the best shot and sacrificing defense to get rebounds.

Good points, but then he'd be...Chris Paul?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:28 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

A weird thing about Westbrook is that, somehow, he's a good 3-point shooter from the corners - 45.5% on the season.

Moving more without the ball and going to the corners when LeBron or someone else has the ball would help Westbrook. We've seen it every now and then, how about more often?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/1/14/22883038/lakers-russell-westbrook-fit-analysis-why-not-stats-breakdown

Quote:
I also get that his weaknesses are exposed in very specific ways, particularly through a combination of length and strength that allows an individual defender to not only lay off him and encourage jump shots, but to challenge him at the rim should he still get to the paint anyway. Of late, teams are often defending him with forwards — something they’re more able to do with LeBron playing more center, and with the team starting two other 6’3 guards next to him — and we’re seeing the limitations of his individual strength and speed when the players who defend him are more equipped to deal with both.

Good explanation for why Russ has struggled more with Lebron at the 5. In the Kings game, he was guarded by Harrison Barnes. Lebron had to play PG all game as a result.
lts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/1/14/22883038/lakers-russell-westbrook-fit-analysis-why-not-stats-breakdown

Quote:
I also get that his weaknesses are exposed in very specific ways, particularly through a combination of length and strength that allows an individual defender to not only lay off him and encourage jump shots, but to challenge him at the rim should he still get to the paint anyway. Of late, teams are often defending him with forwards — something they’re more able to do with LeBron playing more center, and with the team starting two other 6’3 guards next to him — and we’re seeing the limitations of his individual strength and speed when the players who defend him are more equipped to deal with both.

Good explanation for why Russ has struggled more with Lebron at the 5. In the Kings game, he was guarded by Harrison Barnes. Lebron had to play PG all game as a result.

I do think small lineup is killing us, it hurt everything, rebound, rim protect, and force every one face to bigger rival, how stupid it is .
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

lts wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Quote:

I do think small lineup is killing us, it hurt everything, rebound, rim protect, and force every one face to bigger rival, how stupid it is .

True, but it's also true that right now we're not a very good team. Any identity is likely to struggle without AD.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I like podcasts with some depth -- where they dig out and analyze information, and combine it with interviews and storytelling.

Podcasts where a couple of guys just have a conversation, and give their opinions, are generally a waste of time. It's like listening to radio programs where fans call in with their opinions and questions -- I don't understand why anyone bothers with that type of thing.

I don't think I've heard a sports podcast that actually had 60 minutes worth of content. I've listened to a handful, and each time I felt like I'd just wasted an hour of my time. There are articles in the The Athletic that provide more information, and you can read one of them in about five minutes.

This drives my impression of the whole podcast industry: It is hard work to write a coherent article with original thoughts or actual reporting, and it is much easier to babble to a microphone for an hour. The first time I saw this was Bill Simmons. Even though he was annoying about the Celtics and Lakers, his written pieces were pretty good. But after a while, he hardly wrote anything and instead just babbled away in podcasts. This started around the time that he had reached his apex at ESPN and was a major force in the sports world. Now he has receded to being just another podcaster.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

Podcasts have greatly enriched my life. I use them as white noise during some of my more menial task around the house or at work. It’s the most convenient mental stimulation
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

Time's running out on salvaging this season. I don't think there's enough games left for us to make a major lineup change such as swapping WB out for Reaves and try to build chemistry. It's whatever at this point. On to next season...

Hopefully, some teams would be desperate for WB's expiring contract and take him off our hands without any sweeteners.
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Good podcast on Russ

https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1481813168276086784

Who are these guys? Is the podcast any good?

Now a days everyone has a podcast... Just saying

What bothers me about monetization on the internet is it rewards a lot of low-effort crap. A person could spend hundreds of hours making a animated short on YouTube, and they'll make a fraction of what a brainless reaction video will pull in. Don't even get me started on clickbait.
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

This is why it's so stunning that they made the trade in the first place. It's not like him being an inefficient shooter caught anyone off guard.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject:

You can't fastbreak off of a made basket. The Lakers are built for fastbreaks but they couldn't stop anyone from scoring hence no fastbreaks. That's our problem!! Whenever Westbrook tries to force his way to the basket without thinking (forced fastbreak), it usually results in a turnover. That's why good defense is so important. Good defense (and good boxing out) leads to more fastbreak opportunities.

We need to remove WB from our lineup and rethink our gameplan. We will try to go back to our championship days. Focus on stingy half-court defense and boxing out, THEN whenever the opportunity presents itself, outlet fastbreak to Lebron (Lebron could take on 2-3 guys by himself on a fastbreak)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 182 of 426
Jump to: