AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Second coming of Larry Bird tbh.

I LOVE watching a player powerfully WAKING MFers up yelling at his teammates to get to their assignments and coming in like he is from another planet and dominating everywhere

Hillbilly Kobe

Impressive Virtuoso Performance from him tonight
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I think Reaves should be given the opportunity to attack with the ball in his hands like what THT is getting. I think he is a better finisher than THT.

He is not as strong as THT though

Ja Morant isn't as strong as THT.

We compare reaves to ja now? Yes, reaves will be able to attack if he has the speed /hops like ja, or is as strong as THT

Maybe I misunderstood you. Why did you say Reaves is not as strong as THT, other than it being a fact?

he gets knocked off balance easy and it takes a beating to his body, but he can train and get stronger next year so be more of that guy. he has great skills
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I think Reaves should be given the opportunity to attack with the ball in his hands like what THT is getting. I think he is a better finisher than THT.

We compare reaves to ja now? Yes, reaves will be able to attack if he has the speed /hops like ja, or is as strong as THT

Maybe I misunderstood you. Why did you say Reaves is not as strong as THT, other than it being a fact?

he gets knocked off balance easy and it takes a beating to his body, but he can train and get stronger next year so be more of that guy. he has great skills

I see. I agree.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Hes already better than Russ.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Hillbillies are rough bastards... he probably thrives on the physical play
Although he may break a rib or two...

Do we have any childhood videos of him wrestling gators or wild boars?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

He has NO RESPECT for hiss opponents -- while playing .. back down from nothing.. take the ball from anyone ... shoot it under the hoop like Kobe spinning looking away off the backboard etc...

Love this guy
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

He played his heart out tonight. Come up with one big play after another.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

We have a glimpse of what this kid can do for 2 games now, he just need to have the green light so he can be aggressive in the offensive end too. He's more aggressive when only one of Bron or Westbrook is inside together with him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Teams might start to ask reaves in trades now, and I’d hate to see him go
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

The way this FO gives out assets don’t be surprised.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

He is playing AC level defense while scoring the ball, that’s something special
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Kid killed it tonight. Just so good in so many different areas. Our scouts have both hands tied behind their backs and they still land a baller.

They are like, draft picks? We don't need no stinking draft picks.

Only happy place in Laker land right now is this thread.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Kid killed it tonight. Just so good in so many different areas. Our scouts have both hands tied behind their backs and they still land a baller.

No kidding. Reaves needs to start over AB.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Word
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject:

Man, this kid play D like Bruce Bowen, glued to the hip, read the path correctly everytime and beat em to the spot, can knock down 3 then there's that dunk in traffic. I'm good trying Monk-Nunn-Reaves back court spreading the court open and have WB-THT-Melo beat up on 2nd unit
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

This kid has heart. More important that his ability to score or his tenacious d. I’m don’t want to give him credit in basketball IQ until I see more, but he seems to always be at the right spots, so that’s something.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Popovich would love a kid like this. That's why I'm glad the Lakers have him.

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Jerry West tbh.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Jerry West tbh.

Pop having Manu flashbacks
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I'd be happier in a rebuild state, not in LeBron era because Rob is trigger happy with our assets. As well as a better coach because he doesn't have that real of an opportunity to flourish; like if he was on the Spurs, he would be starting. No way you have a player like Reaves who can shoot, pass, defend, hustle, plays hard, finds ways of getting to the rim, and he is sitting the bench, and he is more effective than a Bradley; with Reaves on the floor the team is better. Then when he comes in, THT is manhandling the ball, so this isn't a Ginobli situation. Reaves yesterday was hot, then Westbrook froze him out to take it himself, 2 times down the floor. To me, a player like Reaves doesn't deserve that. I love that we have Reaves, he is one of the reasons I still watch Laker games, but he's being poorly mismanaged and undervalued.... And he is still finding ways to be effective in the midst of that, which says a lot about him as a player.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he doesn't get shipped, he's a keeper fans can all get behind and support. There was a thread earlier this year around what makes a true Laker... if he sticks around for a few years,remains professional and and continues to grow as a player, he's a good example of what a true Laker would be in my books.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Hopefully he doesn't get shipped, he's a keeper fans can all get behind and support. There was a thread earlier this year around what makes a true Laker... if he sticks around for a few years,remains professional and and continues to grow as a player, he's a good example of what a true Laker would be in my books.

Yea got to be honest, even though winning a chip is the ultimate goal, I do miss watching games with team continuity.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

The current Lakers administration does not have the same affinity for young talent that the previous one had. That was one of the few things I respected about Mitch and Jimmy, despite the Moz and Deng blunders.

With Pelinka, it's a given that Reeves will be on his way out the moment the right offer shows up. He does not give a crap about player development or continuity. I'm not even convinced THT will be here long term either. Monk is most definitely gone, unless he hates the concept of financial security and wants to be broke for the rest of his life.

Lakers need to invest in some kind of youth movement starting right now. Reeves is a breath of fresh air and one of their smartest talents in recent memory.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Yea got to be honest, even though winning a chip is the ultimate goal, I do miss watching games with team continuity.

I think this is why I liked the Lakers 2000-era championships more. Not only did we win, we won with a common team and identity. I thought we established that in the post season with our ring 2 seasons ago, but the identity all got shipped and we've yet to see what our new identity will be.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

The current Lakers administration does not have the same affinity for young talent that the previous one had. That was one of the few things I respected about Mitch and Jimmy, despite the Moz and Deng blunders.

With Pelinka, it's a given that Reeves will be on his way out the moment the right offer shows up. He does not give a crap about player development or continuity. I'm not even convinced THT will be here long term either. Monk is most definitely gone, unless he hates the concept of financial security and wants to be broke for the rest of his life.

Lakers need to invest in some kind of youth movement starting right now. Reeves is a breath of fresh air and one of their smartest talents in recent memory.

I agree. Rob is trigger happy.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Reaves has played the part of underdog from the start, undrafted to two-way, to rotation player, to what is honestly starting to look like a feature role. It's on super low volume for the season, but he's close to 50/40/90 in shooting splits, and his last few games have seen him get more looks.

Could he be getting primed to have a significantly larger role going forward?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 24 of 177
Jump to: