OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1686, 1687, 1688

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 16823

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

He's playing the best ball of his career. I was wrong about this guy. He's a great ball player all around.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21789

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball 27 Points vs Lakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRtkwqq0aCk
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 12096

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

He now shoots 80+% from the line as well (although, on low attempts)

The Lakers should take a hard look at their systems in place when these guys struggle to shoot for us, but go on and shoot 80% from the stripe and 40% from 3 for their new teams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28602

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
He now shoots 80+% from the line as well (although, on low attempts)

The Lakers should take a hard look at their systems in place when these guys struggle to shoot for us, but go on and shoot 80% from the stripe and 40% from 3 for their new teams



Randle and Zo. Two guys that had broken shots and now they're both damn good at it. In Zo's case, he's becoming one of the best high volume guys in the league. 44.4% on 7 attempts a game.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4762

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 16823

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
That "ring" was an asterisk imo. But I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139680
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Snipes wrote:
We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
That "ring" was an asterisk imo. But I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring.


At least the teams actually invited to the bubble
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 19711
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Blah blah blah asterisk blah blah blah bubble blah blah blah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 113276

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Snipes wrote:
We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
That "ring" was an asterisk imo. But I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring.


It was so easy that every team that tried to win it didn’t. 🤷
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 16823

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Snipes wrote:
We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
That "ring" was an asterisk imo. But I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring.


It was so easy that every team that tried to win it didn’t. 🤷
Hence why I said, "I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring." Regardless, it didn't feel like a chip to me.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45960

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Snipes wrote:
We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
That "ring" was an asterisk imo. But I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring.


It was so easy that every team that tried to win it didn’t. 🤷
Hence why I said, "I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring." Regardless, it didn't feel like a chip to me.


It would have been nicer with fans and a parade, but a title is a title.

Happy for Lonzo that he has pulled his career together after a rough start and now proving that he probably was worthy of his high draft spot.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 8197
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Snipes wrote:
We sold our soul for a ring. Be happy we got that ring..because if we didn’t it be really hard to watch guys like Zo/BI/Randle do this every night.
That "ring" was an asterisk imo. But I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring.


It was so easy that every team that tried to win it didn’t. 🤷
Hence why I said, "I guess everyone was gunning for the same ring." Regardless, it didn't feel like a chip to me.


It would have been nicer with fans and a parade, but a title is a title.

Happy for Lonzo that he has pulled his career together after a rough start and now proving that he probably was worthy of his high draft spot.

It also proves that constant posts saying young guys are a bust are foolish. Clarkson, Randle, Dlo, Ingram, Zubac, Lonzo, Kuzma, and others have been spoken of badly by Lakers fans, and they’ve all become successful pros. Many posters lost patience with these guys because they didn’t start their careers playing like all-stars. Nobody’s calling any of them a “bust” today. Even Thomas Bryant could be on that list, although he’s injured.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21789

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Locked up James Harden and hit a clutch 3 to put away the game vs the Nets.

Lonzo shooting 42% from three on 8 threes a game while being a solid rebounder, passer and defender.

On a team with 3 other scorers you couldn't ask for much more.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 10205
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Locked up James Harden and hit a clutch 3 to put away the game vs the Nets.

Lonzo shooting 42% from three on 8 threes a game while being a solid rebounder, passer and defender.

On a team with 3 other scorers you couldn't ask for much more.


And a stunning 16.8% usage rate. To generate so much production while using so few possessions is incredible. LAL could use him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28602

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Locked up James Harden and hit a clutch 3 to put away the game vs the Nets.

Lonzo shooting 42% from three on 8 threes a game while being a solid rebounder, passer and defender.

On a team with 3 other scorers you couldn't ask for much more.


And a stunning 16.8% usage rate. To generate so much production while using so few possessions is incredible. LAL could use him


I kept pointing to his usage rate when everyone was saying he wouldn't work with Lebron because of his shooting. EVERY other aspect of his game at the time was ideal with Lebron. Now that he's a sniper, it's a wrap.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 32171

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Man, how bad were those Pelicans teams on defense to neutralize his impact on that end of the court? Dude is everywhere.
_________________
Under New Management
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
giordan0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 455

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Kind of wish we had this guy over Westbrook.
_________________

_____________________________________
#MPLStheoriginallakeshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 1298

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Kind of wish we had this guy over Westbrook.

Unfortunately this is not "Wünsch dir was".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 33055
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Kind of wish we had this guy over Westbrook.


Kind of? Instantly solve three problems for us— perimeter defense, shooting, secondary playmaker.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4762

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Man, how bad were those Pelicans teams on defense to neutralize his impact on that end of the court? Dude is everywhere.


No kidding. And how bad is that FO for letting him go. Absolutely ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 8197
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Man, how bad were those Pelicans teams on defense to neutralize his impact on that end of the court? Dude is everywhere.


No kidding. And how bad is that FO for letting him go. Absolutely ridiculous.
People will always push back and say you got (Street clothes) Davis and a ring, but they didn't value their assets properly. This guy's a star and just needed time. Lakers fans, maybe mgmt too, looked for flaws (injury prone, dad's big mouth) to downgrade his worth, while you don't see Philly doing that to Simmons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 6007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Get well soon Lonzo.


Quote:
Lonzo Ball injury update: Bulls guard to have left knee surgery, out 6-8 weeks
Ball's knee did not respond well to treatment, so he is having arthroscopic surgery



Chicago Bulls guard Lonzo Ball will have arthroscopic surgery on his injured left knee, the team announced on Thursday, and he will be out for six to eight weeks. The injury is a small meniscus tear, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lonzo-ball-injury-update-bulls-guard-to-have-left-knee-surgery-out-6-8-weeks/

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1860

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Man, how bad were those Pelicans teams on defense to neutralize his impact on that end of the court? Dude is everywhere.


No kidding. And how bad is that FO for letting him go. Absolutely ridiculous.
People will always push back and say you got (Street clothes) Davis and a ring, but they didn't value their assets properly. This guy's a star and just needed time. Lakers fans, maybe mgmt too, looked for flaws (injury prone, dad's big mouth) to downgrade his worth, while you don't see Philly doing that to Simmons.


Was that whole Doc Rivers / Embiid throwing Simmons under the bus during last season's playoffs just a dream? That's probably the #1 (only?) reason he's no longer suiting up for them. He got scapegoated for their playoff exit by his own coach and all-star teammate. Morey and the FO may not be undervaluing him, but those two other dudes surely lowered BS's value - which is why he still hasn't been traded.

Unlike Lonzo, I don't think BS has any chance to turn around his offense. All the time in the world won't change that. He is who he is. Lonzo never really lacked confidence to take shots, he just had some flawed mechanics. We've seen improvements in his game since then. The problem with BS and his willingness to shoot is between the ears. Everyone knew that before last season's playoffs, but Doc and Embiid putting him on blast probably only made it worse. He could be "damaged" goods now for all we know. Like Fultz when he first arrived in Philly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1686, 1687, 1688
Page 1688 of 1688
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB