25%  [ 3 ]
OTHER
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Hub Arkush said he will not vote Aaron Rogers for MVP

Watch and listen to the video.

I think he should lose his vote. He's allowing personal feelings as an ingredient in his decision. He's 1 of 50 persons who vote for MVP. His vote is also tallied in other NFL awards. Will he vote on his feelings in those awards also? I don't think he should be allowed to vote for any awards.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I am willing to bet that 50 voters will vote based on their feelings.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

If that's the case do you think Aaron will win MVP?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject:

He revealed his personal biases. Don't think he should be eligible to vote anymore.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

No idea, I’m not a fan of these awards. As I said in the NFL thread I would vote for Derek Carr.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hub Arkush said he will not vote Aaron Rogers for MVP

jodeke wrote:
This may not be the correct forum to post this. MODS If you have a more appropriate forum please move it.

Watch and listen to the video.

I think he should lose his vote. He's allowing personal feelings as an ingredient in his decision. He's 1 of 50 persons who vote for MVP. His vote is also tallied in other NFL awards. Will he vote on his feelings in those awards also? I don't think he should be allowed to vote for any awards.

LINK

Why the hell should he lose his vote because you disagree with his thoughts on the matter. He’s right. Aaron Rodgers is a (bleep) person who put himself ahead of his teammates. Hardly an MVP attitude.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
He revealed his personal biases. Don't think he should be eligible to vote anymore.

Aaron Rodgers put his bogus personal beliefs ahead of his team and lied about it, compromising his team in the process. But a voter shouldn't be allowed to consider their personal feelings when voting? That's nonsense.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Aaron Rodgers spread misinformation in a time of chaos and crisis. Even if this guy votes for some third string punter for MVP, it won't harm anybody. Some people probably listened to Rodgers and put themselves and others in harm.

Rodgers dealt with a three day bad news run, and now he's back in every damn commercial. But this guy should lose his vote for an award? Those are our priorities, I guess.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers put his bogus personal beliefs ahead of his team and lied about it, compromising his team in the process. But a voter shouldn't be allowed to consider their personal feelings when voting? That's nonsense.

They shouldn't its like the guy who thought Manning was the MVP in 2013 but didn't vote for him because he wanted Brady to be at the time the lone unanimous MVP.

If they want the MVP to have credibility they should leave personal feelings out of it.

I don't even like Aaron either however the Packers are the #1 seed and knew about his status so how did he ruin things for them?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

It takes a real dumbass to heed the medical advice of an athlete or celebrity not known for being accomplished in science or medicine.

I don't watch NFL games, but I do know Rogers is an ass and a dumbass.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It appears he will win with ease, but I am not sure why. I could make a strong case for Brady over him.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They shouldn't its like the guy who thought Manning was the MVP in 2013 but didn't vote for him because he wanted Brady to be at the time the lone unanimous MVP.

If they want the MVP to have credibility they should leave personal feelings out of it.

I don't even like Aaron either however the Packers are the #1 seed and knew about his status so how did he ruin things for them?

No, if the MVP is going to have any credibility, then when a player selfishly puts his personal beliefs ahead of his team and the league, then he should be the one held accountability, not voters who factor that into their voting.

If you don't understand or ignore why his dishonesty about being unvaxxed puts others at risk, or the fact that doing so forced him to miss a game, then commenting on a voter using their personal beliefs to evaluate his MVP status is unreasonable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Aaron Rodgers spread misinformation in a time of chaos and crisis. Even if this guy votes for some third string punter for MVP, it won't harm anybody. Some people probably listened to Rodgers and put themselves and others in harm.

Rodgers dealt with a three day bad news run, and now he's back in every damn commercial. But this guy should lose his vote for an award? Those are our priorities, I guess.

Exactly.

No wonder this pandemic has become and endless cycle. Make excuses for the athlete who behaves dangerously, but go after the journalist who holds him accountable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

No, if the MVP is going to have any credibility, then when a player selfishly puts his personal beliefs ahead of his team and the league, then he should be the one held accountability, not voters who factor that into their voting.

If you don't understand or ignore why his dishonesty about being unvaxxed puts others at risk, or the fact that doing so forced him to miss a game, then commenting on a voter using their personal beliefs to evaluate his MVP status is unreasonable.

Except he's still unvaxxed and the Packers are the #1 seed. So how exactly did he damage the Packers here? They knew he was unvaccinated it was the public that didn't know. I also personally don't care as vaccinated and unvaccinated people can still spread and get it. It is irresponsible to just blame the unvaccinated only here. Aaron would be better off not getting the MVP as its a curse anyways the last regular season MVP to win it all was Kurt Warner back in 1999.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Except he's still unvaxxed and the Packers are the #1 seed. So how exactly did he damage the Packers here? They knew he was unvaccinated it was the public that didn't know. I also personally don't care as vaccinated and unvaccinated people can still spread and get it. It is irresponsible to just blame the unvaccinated only here. Aaron would be better off not getting the MVP as its a curse anyways the last regular season MVP to win it all was Kurt Warner back in 1999.

Says the person who sees the MVP voter as the problem.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Its about what he produces on the field that matters. The writer let his personal feelings cloud his judgement, even more so considering he is a Bears beat writer.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Its about what he produces on the field that matters. The writer let his personal feelings cloud his judgement, even more so considering he is a Bears beat writer.

And putting his personal beliefs ahead of the protocols etc. caused him to not be on the field for a game and created controversy for the organization.

I don't care if people want to advocate for Rodgers as the MVP. My point is that to claim that Arkush should be banned from voting because he factored Rodgers placing his own personal beliefs ahead of everything else is ridiculous, not to mention hypocritical.

As VLF pointed out, every voter is putting their feelings into their vote. MVP voting in sports across the board is essentially popularity contest and hardly scientific and objective decision. Arkush just made his feelings known, and I applaud him for his transparency, because he is correct. Part of being an MVP is integrity. Rodgers has none. So going after Arkush's integrity is, again, hypocritical.

As for the "he is a Bears beat writer" comment, look at the list of voters. Arkush is far from the only voter with an obvious local rooting interest.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:16 am    Post subject:

What players do in their personal lives has nothing to do with what they do on the field. MVP is Most Valuable Player, not Most Valuable Person.

If a CEO takes his company to the top of the business heap, gets an award, goes out after the award party, gets a DUI, and kills someone, should it matter to the award?

@DMR
What makes VLF qualified to say EVERY voter is putting their personal feelings into their vote? EVERY is all inclusive. Do you share that opinion?

Journal Times editorial: In MVP vote, judge Rodgers for what he does on the field

LINK

Snipit

Quote:
A more recent and relevant example: Golden State Warriors Head Coach Steve Kerr is outspokenly liberal. In 2015-16, his team set the NBA record for regular-season wins – having won 73 and lost only 9. Should his non-basketball opinions have mattered in the voting for Coach of the Year, which he deservedly won? Or should the vote for that honor have been based upon what his players did on the court under his direction?

DMR wrote:

Quote:
Why the hell should he lose his vote because you disagree with his thoughts on the matter. He’s right. Aaron Rodgers is a (bleep) person who put himself ahead of his teammates. Hardly an MVP attitude.

Quote:
It’s Most Valuable Player, not Most Valuable Player Whose Views Match My Own.

Quote:
That decision should be limited to what the top players have done this season between the white lines.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

All of these awards are always "subjective." There is no specific objective criteria or formula used to determine who the "real" MVP is. Therefore anyone participating is by definition using their own biases, experiences, emotions, preconceived ideas, etc. This person just stated his out loud beforehand.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What players do in their personal lives has nothing to do with what they do on the field.

Except that's not what we are talking about here. Rodgers's actions had consequences for his team.

Quote:
What makes VLF qualified to say EVERY voter is putting their personal feelings into their vote? EVERY is all inclusive.

Oh man. If we are going down that silly path, what makes you qualified to determine who should and shouldn't vote for the MVP?

As for the over the top reference to "every", come on man . . . being overly literal doesn't help make your point.

In regards to people using their personal feelings when they vote on things, of course people do to some extent or another. It's human nature and it's pointless to pretend otherwise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

I think that based on his play on the field, Aaron Rodgers is this season’s MVP. But, I understand where Arkush is coming from. I myself have incredibly little tolerance for anti-vaxxers these days. However, that should have been up to the league to suspend Rodgers. But they didn’t and he’s been playing and has been pretty damn good so that’s that. Lawrence Taylor and Adrian Speterson were named MVP. It recognizes good players, not necessarily good people. It’s the NFL, who cares.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
What players do in their personal lives has nothing to do with what they do on the field.

Quote:
Except that's not what we are talking about here. Rodgers's actions had consequences for his team.

Quote:
I think he should lose his vote. He's allowing personal feelings as an ingredient in his decision

Yes, it is. Read the responses. Should Arkush lose his vote for allowing his personal feelings to influence his reasons to vote for what an athlete does on the field?

What were the consequences? They're on the road to the Super Bowl.

Quote:
What makes VLF qualified to say EVERY voter is putting their personal feelings into their vote? EVERY is all inclusive.

Quote:
Oh man. If we are going down that silly path, what makes you qualified to determine who should and shouldn't vote for the MVP?

I'm not.

Quote:
As for the over the top reference to "every", come on man . . . being overly literal doesn't help make your point.

Now that Texas sidestepping. Eliminate every, answer the question. Do you share his opinion?

Quote:
In regards to people using their personal feelings when they vote on things, of course people do to some extent or another. It's human nature and it's pointless to pretend otherwise.

Yes, they do. In this instance IMO personal feelings should not be a factor when voting on what an athlete accomplishes. What does personal feeling have to do with the accuracy of throwing a football or being the most important player on a team?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
I think that based on his play on the field, Aaron Rodgers is this season’s MVP. But, I understand where Arkush is coming from. I myself have incredibly little tolerance for anti-vaxxers these days. However, that should have been up to the league to suspend Rodgers. But they didn’t and he’s been playing and has been pretty damn good so that’s that. Lawrence Taylor and Adrian Speterson were named MVP. It recognizes good players, not necessarily good people. It’s the NFL, who cares.

That's my position.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Says the person who sees the MVP voter as the problem.

In this instance yes they are the problem because they chose to make it public just think of all the other voters who don't. I just find it funny considering how many people around here thought the media was biased against Kobe when it came to the MVP race because they factor his personal life instead of his on the court play. The narrative is totally opposite around these parts.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Now that Texas sidestepping. Eliminate every, answer the question. Do you share his opinion?

I'm not sidestepping anything. Your overemphasis on his use of "every" was just silly. And I have already explained where I stand.

The pursuit of purity in voting for what is just a meaningless popularity contest based on opinion is a pointless effort.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: