Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject:

My college just moved to remote instruction for the first two weeks. Not sure what is supposed to change after that that would enable a return to in-person teaching…

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

COVID be singin':

And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey I'm gonna get you too

Prominent QAnon conspiracy theorist dies from Covid after saying only ‘idiots’ get vaccinated

Weldon’s supporters have harassed hospital staff after her death, with one even calling for their deaths

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

Kinda suspicious CDC is moving toward scrapping quarantine all together. These whole back to work after 5 days (true, milder symptoms for vaccinated but I’m not sure these positives aren’t still contagious after 5 days… which means they are the same risk to spread as unvaccinated HCWs that were laid off), allowing optional masking, allowing optional testing, allowing optional reporting… make no sense
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kinda suspicious CDC is moving toward scrapping quarantine all together. These whole back to work after 5 days (true, milder symptoms for vaccinated but I’m not sure these positives aren’t still contagious after 5 days… which means they are the same risk to spread as unvaccinated HCWs that were laid off), allowing optional masking, allowing optional testing, allowing optional reporting… make no sense

It does to employers.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

Israel has started giving some people a fourth shot.

Fourth COVID-19 vaccine dose boosts antibodies five-fold in Israeli study, PM says

Moderna CEO Bancel says people may need another booster in fall of 2022
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

It does to employers.

Not this one.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm . . . probably too soon to try and weigh the significance of this, but it still gives one pause . . .

Cypriot Scientist Says Deltacron Covid Variant Isn’t Error
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

https://abc7.com/asymptomatic-california-health-care-workers-dont-need-isolation-covid-testing-coronavirus-ca-nurses/11447584/

This does not seem wise to me...
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:41 am    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
https://abc7.com/asymptomatic-california-health-care-workers-dont-need-isolation-covid-testing-coronavirus-ca-nurses/11447584/

The alternative is understaffed hospitals. If they work exclusively with patients already infected with COVID, guess it isn't as big a deal.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/01/omicron-mild-hospital-strain-health-care-workers/621193/

^This is something I didn't realize was happening.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

IMO COVID and variants aren't the biggest problems. I give anti-vaxxers more blame. As I've said in the past freedom is sometimes a detriment. In the case of COVID I think some freedoms should be suspended, not eliminated, suspended. Unless there is a medical reason I'm for vaccination mandates.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:

Unfortunate side effect of the pandemic dragging on for so long. You have medical workers that quit the profession, fatigue for the people that are still in the profession and shortage of new workers to fill open positions.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:

Quote:
The state's health department elaborates on their change by explaining in part, "Facilities and providers using this tool, should have asymptomatic COVID-19 positive workers interact only with COVID-19 positive patients, to the extent possible."

Is no nurse or a COVID positive nurse better care?

They should have color coded scrubs so other workers can limit contact, but it probably will come down to no one or someone positive very soon if not already.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Interesting...

I didn't quote the whole story...

Oregon State research shows hemp compounds prevent coronavirus from entering human cells

January 10, 2022
https://today.oregonstate.edu/news/oregon-state-research-shows-hemp-compounds-prevent-coronavirus-entering-human-cells

Quote:
Van Breemen and collaborators, including scientists at Oregon Health & Science University, found that a pair of cannabinoid acids bind to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, blocking a critical step in the process the virus uses to infect people.

The compounds are cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, CBDA, and the spike protein is the same drug target used in COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapy. A drug target is any molecule critical to the process a disease follows, meaning its disruption can thwart infection or disease progression.

“These cannabinoid acids are abundant in hemp and in many hemp extracts,” van Breemen said. “They are not controlled substances like THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, and have a good safety profile in humans. And our research showed the hemp compounds were equally effective against variants of SARS-CoV-2, including variant B.1.1.7, which was first detected in the United Kingdom, and variant B.1.351, first detected in South Africa.”

Those two variants are also known the alpha and beta variant, respectively.

Characterized by crown-like protrusions on its outer surface, SARS-CoV-2 features RNA strands that encode its four main structural proteins – spike, envelope, membrane and nucleocapsid – as well as 16 nonstructural proteins and several “accessory” proteins, van Breemen said.

“Any part of the infection and replication cycle is a potential target for antiviral intervention, and the connection of the spike protein’s receptor binding domain to the human cell surface receptor ACE2 is a critical step in that cycle,” he said. “That means cell entry inhibitors, like the acids from hemp, could be used to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection and also to shorten infections by preventing virus particles from infecting human cells. They bind to the spike proteins so those proteins can’t bind to the ACE2 enzyme, which is abundant on the outer membrane of endothelial cells in the lungs and other organs.”

Using compounds that block virus-receptor interaction has been helpful for patients with other viral infections, he notes, including HIV-1 and hepatitis.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
COVID be singin':

And another one gone and another one gone
Hey I'm gonna get you too

One of the attendees, conspiracy radio host Doug Kuzma, died after being found passed out in his home. It was ultimately determined he died from Covid-19.

Kyle Kuzma died on the Lakers' court from Suckvid-19 practically every night.

Got 3rd stab the other day. I'm one of the lucky ones who had zero post-stab issues for all 3.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

My daughter took the Moderna booster today. She had side effects so severe she's in Kaiser Permanente. Unlike me, she has a weak immune system. I had the Pfizer 2 shot and booster, with no side effects. From what I've read Moderna and J&J had more side effects than Pfizer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My daughter took the Moderna booster today. She had side effects so severe she's in Kaiser Permanente. Unlike me, she has a weak immune system. I had the Pfizer 2 shot and booster, with no side effects. From what I've read Moderna and J&J had more side effects than Pfizer.

I hope your girl is feeling better or feels better soon, Jodie. I got 3 Pfizers, so that could be why I had no issues. I have a suspicion that I might've had largely asymptomatic Covid for awhile in late Nov/early Dec range. I had some weirdnesses that were new and different from my usual weirdnesses. I was coughing (and sneezing like a sumbitch) for a few weeks and had this weird ash tray smell for about a month that's completely gone now. I would feel compression in my diaphragm every night while lying down on my sides, especially. It was more than enough to notice and it was every night for awhile. Dunno. I wore my mask, but this was towards the end of my 6 month wait for the booster. I was already at 6 months when the CDC pushed the wait back to 5 months. I got my 2nd on 7/12 so today would've been the official day. Beat it by only 3 days.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I hope she recovers soon jod.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I hope she recovers soon jod.

Yes, me too. I didn't read that clearly when I looked at earlier.

I just spent time trying to find a book I really appreciated but I must've misremembered the title.

It is about the Doctor Within and keeping a positive belief set and using comedy and laughter to assist the body to heal itself

Gratitude is the word Attitude with a G and R in front of it for
God's
Rewarding
Attitude

Be Grateful the tree didn't hit DMR so he is still here with us
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO COVID and variants aren't the biggest problems. I give anti-vaxxers more blame. As I've said in the past freedom is sometimes a detriment. In the case of COVID I think some freedoms should be suspended, not eliminated, suspended. Unless there is a medical reason I'm for vaccination mandates. Make sure you have private health insurance. Believe me that is worth it!

Agree! I havev never thought that there are so many people in the world who prefer to believe some youtubers but not doctors and statistics.

Last edited by Macferson on Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she gets better soon.

I had Moderna first two and booster, but booster was only a muted version of the side effects after the second full, and shorter. I have a friend who had full dose side effects that were more rough on them and persist even now and look to be permanent (GI issues), unfortunately. Everyone else I know was like my reaction or easier, and all very temporary.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

I've had three Pfizer shots, last one in late October, and I am looking forward to my fourth.

I hope your daughter gets well soon, jodeke.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Get your boosters guys.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had what I thought was a nasty flu. I was feeling a bit tired New Year's eve and slogged through a workout the following day. Sunday of that week, I was in the middle of dinner and nearly passed out from exhaustion. I had a fever from that point that finally broke this last weekend. Cough, chills, body aches. My joints hurt like holy hell. I thought it was just from lifting but even after a week, my elbows were sore to the point where it felt like I did skullcrushers (which I no longer do precisely because of the massive pain it induces in my elbows). I had congestion and breathing wasn't 100%...it wasn't too bad but I couldn't take deep breaths. I went two weeks without doing any workouts (first time in 8 years I've taken that long of a break). Massive headaches came and went. Well long story short, it was Covid. My taste was slightly off. Bitter tastes were exacerbated. The star anise herb in pho for example was overwhelming my taste buds. Eating was a chore and I'm 8 pounds lighter because of it. My symptoms went away early this week finally but it's an experience I never want to repeat. I usually am stricken with a bad flu every other year since I was old enough to remember. Never anything like this.

I did not get around to taking the booster. I was lazy and with the holidays and how busy work was I never got around to it with the usual "I'll run to Rite Aid and get it tomorrow" excuse.

I'm 45 and consider myself fit AF. No booster, just JJ shot middle of 2021.

Contrast this to my parents. They are in their mid 80s. Between them, there's a pacemaker, high blood pressure, beaten stomach cancer, slight dementia, liver transplant due to Hepatitis (this was before the treatment for it) and the occasional trip to the ER every so often due to some ailment or another. They currently tested positive. They also got their boosters. My Dad was out trimming the garden today and my Mom spent the day cleaning their house. It didn't affect them one iota.

Don't take a chance.
It sucks balls. I can only imagine if I never got a vaccine shot at all. I'm going to take another test in two days to reconfirm my negative status and if it's a go, I'm heading straight to get my Pfizer booster.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Get your boosters guys.

Don't take a chance. It sucks balls. I can only imagine if I never got a vaccine shot at all. I'm going to take another test in two days to reconfirm my negative status and if it's a go, I'm heading straight to get my Pfizer booster.

Glad to know you're doing well . . . despite the lack of a booster.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Get your boosters guys.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had what I thought was a nasty flu. I was feeling a bit tired New Year's eve and slogged through a workout the following day. Sunday of that week, I was in the middle of dinner and nearly passed out from exhaustion. I had a fever from that point that finally broke this last weekend. Cough, chills, body aches. My joints hurt like holy hell. I thought it was just from lifting but even after a week, my elbows were sore to the point where it felt like I did skullcrushers (which I no longer do precisely because of the massive pain it induces in my elbows). I had congestion and breathing wasn't 100%...it wasn't too bad but I couldn't take deep breaths. I went two weeks without doing any workouts (first time in 8 years I've taken that long of a break). Massive headaches came and went. Well long story short, it was Covid. My taste was slightly off. Bitter tastes were exacerbated. The star anise herb in pho for example was overwhelming my taste buds. Eating was a chore and I'm 8 pounds lighter because of it. My symptoms went away early this week finally but it's an experience I never want to repeat. I usually am stricken with a bad flu every other year since I was old enough to remember. Never anything like this.

I did not get around to taking the booster. I was lazy and with the holidays and how busy work was I never got around to it with the usual "I'll run to Rite Aid and get it tomorrow" excuse.

I'm 45 and consider myself fit AF. No booster, just JJ shot middle of 2021.

Contrast this to my parents. They are in their mid 80s. Between them, there's a pacemaker, high blood pressure, beaten stomach cancer, slight dementia, liver transplant due to Hepatitis (this was before the treatment for it) and the occasional trip to the ER every so often due to some ailment or another. They currently tested positive. They also got their boosters. My Dad was out trimming the garden today and my Mom spent the day cleaning their house. It didn't affect them one iota.

Don't take a chance.
It sucks balls. I can only imagine if I never got a vaccine shot at all. I'm going to take another test in two days to reconfirm my negative status and if it's a go, I'm heading straight to get my Pfizer booster.

So it was totally worth it!

Seriously though, sorry to hear you are going through that and appreciate you are delivering an important message based on personal experience. And I am especially happy to hear your parents are forging on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests

https://special.usps.com/testkits
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 299 of 318
Jump to: