Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
I'm all for trading him if it's a trade that clearly bolsters us up for the next season or two but if not I have no doubt we'll regret trading him sooner then later.. I know many here don't believe in his shot but I strongly believe he'll be an at worst solid perimeter shooter within the next year or two going forward. He has the natural talent and fantastic work ethic from everything i've seen and heard. He came back this season and had back 2 back stellar games then got in a huge mental funk playing in that Bron and Russ lineup which he should have never remained in for as long as he was.

This kid's shot will never be there....Ive seen enough shots to know which ones have it and which ones dont. This kid's slow ass release and funky shot???? No way. Its why Kobe 2003-2009 was a much better 3 ball shooter than slow ass release 2012-2013 Kobe. Certain mechanics you just know will never be great shooters. There are very few exceptions. Sam Perkins with his lefty flat ass perimeter shot (one which he didnt use while with us but the Supersonics had the foresight to use to devastating effect) and Terry Porter - a guy whose form u dont think would be that efficient but truly is.

Now had Magic Johnson played in this era??? That shotput 3-ball always looks effortless and had he practiced that non-stop, I could see that shot going in consistently. James Worthy with his butt sticking out set shot 3 ball - not likely.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
hype wrote:
I'm all for trading him if it's a trade that clearly bolsters us up for the next season or two but if not I have no doubt we'll regret trading him sooner then later.. I know many here don't believe in his shot but I strongly believe he'll be an at worst solid perimeter shooter within the next year or two going forward. He has the natural talent and fantastic work ethic from everything i've seen and heard. He came back this season and had back 2 back stellar games then got in a huge mental funk playing in that Bron and Russ lineup which he should have never remained in for as long as he was.

This kid's shot will never be there....Ive seen enough shots to know which ones have it and which ones dont. This kid's slow ass release and funky shot???? No way. Its why Kobe 2003-2009 was a much better 3 ball shooter than slow ass release 2012-2013 Kobe. Certain mechanics you just know will never be great shooters. There are very few exceptions. Sam Perkins with his lefty flat ass perimeter shot (one which he didnt use while with us but the Supersonics had the foresight to use to devastating effect) and Terry Porter - a guy whose form u dont think would be that efficient but truly is.

Now had Magic Johnson played in this era??? That shotput 3-ball always looks effortless and had he practiced that non-stop, I could see that shot going in consistently. James Worthy with his butt sticking out set shot 3 ball - not likely.

I've also seen horrible shooters improve their shots... Rubio, Zo, Kidd and many more. THT is still young and if he can tweak his mechanics a bit then there is hope for him. Also everyone thought Lamelo will be a horrible shooter with that funky release. But he seems to just work on it.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Haters just can’t take it when they are wrong. Enjoy the ride. They said the same thing about Kobe after his air balls vs. Utah in the Playoffs. Too weak and skinny, never will have the legs. Heard this about BI and Lonzo too. Never is a strong word.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
hype wrote:

I've also seen horrible shooters improve their shots... Rubio, Zo, Kidd and many more. THT is still young and if he can tweak his mechanics a bit then there is hope for him. Also everyone thought Lamelo will be a horrible shooter with that funky release. But he seems to just work on it.

Zo fundamentally remade his shot so his new form looks like a shot that will go down consistently. As for Kidd, his form didnt fundamentally change but young Ason Kidd with no J was only a bad shooter because he never practiced enough - he always had the stroke. THT needs a new shot. With that shot - no way in damn hell. Lamelo Ball is an anomly - the modern day Terry Porter - the guy whose shot u dont think should be consistent but is but even he isnt on the same level as Terry Porter. Rubio still cant shoot well and never has.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Haters just can’t take it when they are wrong. Enjoy the ride. They said the same thing about Kobe after his air balls vs. Utah in the Playoffs. Too weak and skinny, never will have the legs. Heard this about BI and Lonzo too. Never is a strong word.

Nobody who actually knows a thing about bball said that about Kobe following 1996-1997. Everyone knew that his was a kid's body that needed to fill out and he had already shown tremendous talent and his shot form was actually really good and better than the Kobe of latter years even with the shortened 3 ball line. As for Ingram, he is a "Minnesota Tony Campbell" unless he proves he can win. Lonzo fundamentally changed his shot but his shot timing and rhythm was always there to be a consistent shooter.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Trade value slowly rising.

That's a good thing.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Haters might be a strong word too - I think it just boils down to asset valuation and the perceived urgency to create a winning roster.

I think the Lakers do see the future value in THT (and also did with Kobe, Lonzo and BI since they invested valuable assets to get them). Most fans probably do too….

The question is do the rookie scale players get the overall team closer to a championship right now? It’s pretty rare when they do…And, even when they do, is the team really able to wait for that to happen in terms of the rest of the roster construction?

Lakers got an end of career superstar in LBJ and sold everything to get a proven complementary asset in AD which fortunately brought #17. It’s a proven methodology to be a relevant contender. So, if the intention is to squeeze out #18 before LBJ/AD/WB blows up and selling early on THT will improve the chance of that - logically he gotta go IMO…
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject:

THT is going to be a good player in this league. He has too many skills and he seems to grind too.

I don’t know if it will be with the Lakers, but I have no doubts he’s going to be a good player so get ready to lament in a few years if he’s dealt
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:31 pm    Post subject:

So still Reddish over THT?

Reddish- zero points.

THT= 21 points

😂
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Awesome two games from THT. I love to see it.

LakersForever123 wrote:

Reddish- zero points.

THT= 21 points

😂

Absolutely. We still have too many guards and Kendrick Nunn is nearly healthy. Did you see how much time we gave the floor to three and even four guard lineups tonight? We do that a lot because AD is out (of course) and the fact we have way more guards than forwards.

If we could get Cam for THT, we'd be better balanced defensively and could rebound as a team more consistently. The points between the two might be a wash overall. The fact that the Hawks need more guard help as much as we need more forward help makes this a no brainer, IMHO (plus we're in opposite conferences).

I like THT more, but the Laker need this season is not for another 6'4" guard, but for a 6'8" athletic forward that can help guard talented big men in the league, dissuade 3Pt shooters more easily, and crash the boards with more effectiveness.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:46 am    Post subject:

If you complained about him not playing well.

The response to him playing well and finding his rhythm and confidence is giving him credit and hoping it continues.

Not then turning it onto "Great he's playing well. Now we can trade him!"

Playing well to benefit to us on the court is always the first priority.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject:

I was criticizing him many times this season but its about the time to give him some props. He is playing great lately and I hope he can continue doing it. In many talks with some Laker fans I always stand behind not trading him. If you can get real difference maker for him fine. But we cannot. I don't see for example Grant as difference maker at all. So history teaches that you have to stick with young talent. And THT is extremely young. IMO we should wait at least the trade deadline of 2023. Doing it now would be reckless if not for true star player. And we for sure don't have assets to trade for that kind of player.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:03 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
2nd good game in a row

You'd never know it from the four posts before yours.

Pride man lol.

People will bash a player all day long but be silent when he does well. Or just choose to nitpick lol
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Trade value slowly rising.

That's a good thing.

Him playing good means less whining from his haters. That’s a good thing
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject:

He’s played a total of 95 games as if yesterday in his career. He’s coming along. Have patience with this kid he’s going to good once the game truly slows down for him
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

Reddish- zero points.

THT= 21 points

😂

A million times YES.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Weak comparing THT to Kobe, Ingram and Lonzo. Did he watch tape on the league or shooting mechanics videos when he was on a company paid COVID vacation? No, he watched movies. He lacks what it takes to become more than an average NBA player.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Reddish- zero points.

THT= 21 points

😂

A million times YES.

Absolutely, hopefully THT just raised his stock to the ATL front office.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I was criticizing him many times this season but its about the time to give him some props. He is playing great lately and I hope he can continue doing it. In many talks with some Laker fans I always stand behind not trading him. If you can get real difference maker for him fine. But we cannot. I don't see for example Grant as difference maker at all. So history teaches that you have to stick with young talent. And THT is extremely young. IMO we should wait at least the trade deadline of 2023. Doing it now would be reckless if not for true star player. And we for sure don't have assets to trade for that kind of player.

Then this FO has a history of being reckless.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Nobody who actually knows a thing about bball said that about Kobe following 1996-1997. Everyone knew that his was a kid's body that needed to fill out and he had already shown tremendous talent and his shot form was actually really good and better than the Kobe of latter years even with the shortened 3 ball line. As for Ingram, he is a "Minnesota Tony Campbell" unless he proves he can win. Lonzo fundamentally changed his shot but his shot timing and rhythm was always there to be a consistent shooter.

Nice reference and good comp.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

The fact that THT worked with Lethal Shooter in the off-season shows he is trying to improve his shot. The thumb surgery for sure threw that off.
As far as Kobe vs. Utah, I remember a slew of LA Times letters to the editor slamming him just like the same THT haters in here today. THT is a hard worker. His body transformation during the Covid shutdown is why he got minutes in the bubble and made Vogel take notice of a G League player. So to nitpick he watched movies when in isolation as proof of his work ethic is ridiculous when he worked his ass off and was ready as a rookie. A player who has to work his way up from the G Leagie to start does not lack the work ethic to be “an average NBA player”. Keep it up THT. With the work comes results.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
The fact that THT worked with Lethal Shooter in the off-season shows he is trying to improve his shot. The thumb surgery for sure threw that off.
As far as Kobe vs. Utah, I remember a slew of LA Times letters to the editor slamming him just like the same THT haters in here today. THT is a hard worker. His body transformation during the Covid shutdown is why he got minutes in the bubble and made Vogel take notice of a G League player. So to nitpick he watched movies when in isolation as proof of his work ethic is ridiculous when he worked his ass off and was ready as a rookie. A player who has to work his way up from the G Leagie to start does not lack the work ethic to be “an average NBA player”. Keep it up THT. With the work comes results.

“THT hater”. Could you possibly be more lazy? You do realize that his work as a rookie was before his payday and lack of work was after it? We have seen that many times.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

THT, again is just a kid but today in 24 games this season he's averaged 11pts a game with 22% 3pts & 40% FG.

I still see him as a slasher which certainly has value on a team that doesn't have 2 starting slashers as the Lakers have.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

“THT hater”. Could you possibly be more lazy? You do realize that his work as a rookie was before his payday and lack of work was after it? We have seen that many times.

The lack of team practices has hurt him. He’s just coming back into to shape as well. Every time he does well I will cheer. Every time he misses or f&cks up you can cheer being right.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Isn’t it lazy to use what he did while having Covid as a representation of his work ethic?

Phil Handy, Vogel, and Rob all said he worked hard during the off-season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 170 of 202
Jump to: