Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 296, 297, 298 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I heard, didn’t read that they want to lock results of vaccine for 50 years. Is that fake news?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I heard, didn’t read that they want to lock results of vaccine for 50 years. Is that fake news?

So you’re going to triple down on the misinformation by posting stuff you heard and haven’t even bothered to source in the most basic level?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

The bull (bleep) you post on the subject is actually starting to piss me off because it's so irresponsible. Why are you this way?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Be careful man.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The bull (bleep) you post on the subject is actually starting to piss me off because it's so irresponsible. Why are you this way?

Because he’s a male version of a Karen. He wants to make self-righteous scene.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Because he’s a male version of a Karen. He wants to make self-righteous scene.

No. Just asked a question. Karen’s are those that overreact. You know, like you did.

I literally asked a question.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

Did you read the article? Or just the headline? Because nowhere did they say they want to "lock" results for 50 years.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Did you read the article? Or just the headline? Because nowhere did they say they want to "lock" results for 50 years.

Did you read my post or just Karen out?
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You come in here asking some stupid ass question, when the answer was right there. No, they aren't locking anything for fifty years. They said they will release 500 of the 392000 pages they are requesting a month. They have to go through each page and redact things like trade secrets, etc. Now that you got your question answered. Kindly go and (bleep) yourself.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You come in here asking some stupid ass question, when the answer was right there. No, they aren't locking anything for fifty years. They said they will release 500 of the 392000 pages they are requesting a month. They have to go through each page and redact things like trade secrets, etc. Now that you got your question answered. Kindly go and (bleep) yourself.

It’s not stupid. It’s in the narrative it pops up on Twitter. I asked. That’s all. Relax. Let’s see where this goes.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

This escalated in another thread and apparently private messages. Both users suspended for two weeks.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

By the way, positivity rates have skyrocketed in the past week. L.A. up to 17% and OC just hit a record over 20%.

Stay safe on New Year's, LG.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

And everyone needs to switch from fabric masks to KN95's or better.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I guess nobody knows for sure, but what would you guess triple Pfizer’s percentage protection against Omicron INFECTION is? 50%? Starting to think we’re all going to get it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I guess nobody knows for sure, but what would you guess triple Pfizer’s percentage protection against Omicron INFECTION is? 50%? Starting to think we’re all going to get it.

Maybe instead of adding to the speculation and COVID panic you could find some legitimate statistics to post? This thread is already full up on opinions based on feelings. It would be more helpful to have some back-up information. Thanks.

In any case, all the vaccines+boosters are still preventing more serious hospitalization and death, even for Omicron. Most of the people dying are the unvaccinated.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

So I woke up New Years Day feeling a little woozy and dizzy.
Thought it was from the few drinks I had.. but the feeling lasted throughout the day.
And to be honest I am STILL feeling a bit lightheaded. I don't have any other symptoms, but right now, trying to get tested is next to impossible. The soonest available test in my area is on Saturday. Smh
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject:

New normal is probably keeping rapid Covid tests on hand all the time at home. Ones with a longer shelf life.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
New normal is probably keeping rapid Covid tests on hand all the time at home. Ones with a longer shelf life.

I’ve been trying everywhere to get ANY covid test (PCR, antigen, whatever) and they’re completely booked everywhere (Santa Clarita area). This is ridiculous.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

That's the route I decided to go this weekend after a possible exposure in our household. I "did my own research" ( ) online and BinaxNOW seems to be the most commonly recommended so I ordered 6 sets of 2 tests each.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I don’t care what the rationalization is behind treating anti-vaxxers suffering the effects of COVID ahead of patients who are dying if other diseases is, but it’s absolute (bleep).

Iowa man dies of sepsis while waiting for hospital bed

There are so many stories of things like this happening ... unvaccinated people taking up beds for months while people die in hallways or can't get treatment. Honestly, we need to set up triage areas outside of hospitals for unvaccinated and that's where they get their minimal treatment. Leave the hospitals to the people who took this pandemic seriously.

Friend of mine who's an ER nurse in the greater Seattle area says his hospital is reducing elective cases by 50% tomorrow and likely by end of week they'll be halting all elective cases. Apparently there are zero beds in the area and people are being treated in ER hallways and waiting rooms.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I’ve been trying everywhere to get ANY covid test (PCR, antigen, whatever) and they’re completely booked everywhere (Santa Clarita area). This is ridiculous.

Might take some creativity.

Many months ago my son, who is going to school in the midwest, couldn't find a test anywhere when it was spiking there. We had to send him one from here. I think that's when we decided to keep some on hand. (Gave one to my sister last week. And I used one myself prior to my unvaxxed in-laws coming to town.)

In OC, they were handing them out free at the airport a couple weeks ago and you could also order a free one online if you live in OC, as well. Don't know what other counties are doing.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Friend of mine who's an ER nurse in the greater Seattle area says his hospital is reducing elective cases by 50% tomorrow and likely by end of week they'll be halting all elective cases. Apparently there are zero beds in the area and people are being treated in ER hallways and waiting rooms.

This is actually a very big deal, because "elective cases" doesn't just refer to boob jobs and things like that. For example, it includes delaying things like mastectomies that can be delayed for a few weeks. But those delays statistically will result in higher mortality rates.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

This is actually a very big deal, because "elective cases" doesn't just refer to boob jobs and things like that. For example, it includes delaying things like mastectomies that can be delayed for a few weeks. But those delays statistically will result in higher mortality rates.

And many elective surgeries are meant for pain reduction or mobility issues. So people are forced to endure those conditions for longer than necessary because some people are too selfish to do the simple things required to reduce the spike.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Well school is back in session tomorrow here. Orange County Florida schools are requiring staff members to wear masks but they can’t legally require students to wear masks because of DeathSantis. So my wife will be wearing a KN95, but I’d be shocked if 50% of her students wear masks. My daughter is also returning to in person school from the virtual school she was attending. We set this in motion before Omicron was a thing and it was too late to go back. She’s vaccinated, but who knows how many of her classmates are. She will be wearing a KN95, but again masks aren’t required so who knows about other kids. Also she has to take the mask off eat lunch, and since Omicron doesn’t take lunch breaks I’m not sure how she avoids bringing it home.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about any of this since both my wife and I are boosted and daughter is freshly vaccinated, but we also have an 8 month old that obviously isn’t vaccinated. I worry about giving it to her, but also worry how the hell we’ll coordinate caring for her if say my wife gets infected or 8 year old gets infected.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 296, 297, 298 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 297 of 318
Jump to: