Our championship team...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:01 am    Post subject: Our championship team...

had elite defense and rebounding, which are vital to any championship team. Scoring was done by yours truly. Lebron's scoring was much more meaningful when the defense is elite. It doesn't make sense for Lebron to score 2 points and then our defense giving 2 or 3 points right back.

We had the coach that was the best in the biz when it comes to preaching defense. We had the young, energetic, dog defensive players that just play shutdown defense day in and day out. It was perfect.

Going forward, I think we should keep Vogel, the big 2 and Howard and build around them. We need to get back those young, tough, energetic defensive players who don't care about stats and would just put their bodies on the line every single game.

Fast-breaking team is never championship material. Get rid of WB and his fast-break out of control freak show. We need to play a slow, grind-it-out kind of game. Play shutdown half-court defense, grab the board, then give it to Lebron (or post up AD) on offense. Go back to what made us great. Why did we go away from it?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Our championship team...

lakersfever714 wrote:
had elite defense and rebounding, which are vital to any championship team. Scoring was done by yours truly. Lebron's scoring was much more meaningful when the defense is elite. It doesn't make sense for Lebron to score 2 points and then our defense giving 2 or 3 points right back.

We had the coach that was the best in the biz when it comes to preaching defense. We had the young, energetic, dog defensive players that just play shutdown defense day in and day out. It was perfect.

Going forward, I think we should keep Vogel, the big 2 and Howard and build around them. We need to get back those young, tough, energetic defensive players who don't care about stats and would just put their bodies on the line every single game.

Fast-breaking team is never championship material. Get rid of WB and his fast-break out of control freak show. We need to play a slow, grind-it-out kind of game. Play shutdown half-court defense, grab the board, then give it to Lebron (or post up AD) on offense. Go back to what made us great. Why did we go away from it?

Great points. I fully agree with slow pace style of game. All this fast break nonsense is beyond me. Never liked that.
I would love if Lakers can use Westbrook for some young guys even if they are not so good and try to develop them. This should be the way. Biggest problem to this idea is LBJ and his expiring date but still he has better chance to win with younger guys that this old players.
Keeping Vogel for me is must. First of all who is going to replace him? I dont see any good names. Second he is good coach if you give him defensive material to work with. He cant coach terrible defensive players like Melo,Wayne,Jordan, Russ, Monk.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

Warriors and Suns are 1 and 2 respectively in defense this year.

Apparently defense does win championships and we blew our team up.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

When the offense doesn't work, the defense has to come through. That's how you win ugly in the league. The Bucks were the definition of winning ugly last season.

Warriors are historically good on defense this year. Thinking Basketball, who normally has good takes (minus being horribly wrong about BI), did a great video on it:

IMO, they are the favorites unless some injury happens. If Klay returns at even 70% capacity, the league is in trouble. Plus, I think Steph is playing with a chip on his shoulder and has the most to prove, considering how he was robbed of the FMVP in 2015.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
When the offense doesn't work, the defense has to come through. That's how you win ugly in the league. The Bucks were the definition of winning ugly last season.

Warriors are historically good on defense this year. Thinking Basketball, who normally has good takes (minus being horribly wrong about BI), did a great video on it:

IMO, they are the favorites unless some injury happens. If Klay returns at even 70% capacity, the league is in trouble. Plus, I think Steph is playing with a chip on his shoulder and has the most to prove, considering how he was robbed of the FMVP in 2015.

Would love to see Steph beat Brooklyn in the finals, and finally get the FMVP he deserves
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
Warriors and Suns are 1 and 2 respectively in defense this year.

Apparently defense does win championships and we blew our team up.

Which is why you keep Vogel. The fact that he gets these guys to sometimes play it is a miracle
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Yep. Defense wins titles, and we're no longer in that conversation. But we do have 3 superstars, all at the peak of their pay grades.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: