Does Vogel have the Balls to…..

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Does Vogel have the Balls to…..

Bring Russ off the Bench? The minutes for Lebron are adding up. If THT is going to start for defense, then Russ needs to come off the bench. Russ, THT, Lebron too redundant offensively. Pelinka admitting he got Russ to ease Lebron’s load hasn’t happened at all. It’s just the shakeup we need. Vogel can say it’s until AD returns to save Russ’s ego. If it works then he sticks with it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Is he going to turn the ball less coming off the bench? If not, what’s the point? Their minutes are staggered anyways, and THT is not a good defender.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Vogel have the Balls to…..

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Bring Russ off the Bench? The minutes for Lebron are adding up. If THT is going to start for defense, then Russ needs to come off the bench. Russ, THT, Lebron too redundant offensively. Pelinka admitting he got Russ to ease Lebron’s load hasn’t happened at all. It’s just the shakeup we need. Vogel can say it’s until AD returns to save Russ’s ego. If it works then he sticks with it.

And make Jeanie "I'm paying a bench player $40 million" Buss and Rob "Yeah, I signed him, dammit" Pelinka look bad? Nobody has balls that big.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Walmart Wesbrook is starting to look like a better fit than Genuine Westbrook. At least JC didn't turn the ball over as much.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Vogel have the Balls to…..

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Seems like that makes more sense when AD comes back.

Moving Westbrook to the bench would be a big deal and would cause a lot of grief. Unless you think the chance of an immediate payback is high, it's probably not worth the risk. And, with AD out, it's hard to imagine that simply moving Westbrook to the bench is really going to make a significant impact.

I'd say the odds of this happening now are virtually zero.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

If I’m Vogel I’m doing whatever the (bleep) I want.

This is player failures because they refuse to give the standard NBA effort and play 48 minutes…the basic (bleep).

So if I’m going to lose my job anyway, I’m going out my way. Playing dudes that play winning basketball and are focused and engaged on both ends.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

In favor of who? Who would make more sense starting?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

Better question is why Westbrook has been playing less mpg then James all season.

If his role was to give James a rest, then sit James. Why is he playing 37 mpg or coming into the game down by 20 in the 4th quarter? Why is James controlling the ball for 15-20 secs before initiating a play or launching a deep 3?

Maybe because it was a faulty plan from the beginning? Same as all the narrative that Davis will play the 5 and James the 4.

If Westbrook was added to play a significant role, then why not let him do it? Let him be the focal point, let him attack the basket, let him initiate the offense. James playing so many mins and expending so much energy is on him as much as it is on Vogel.

I dislike Westbrook. I thought it was a horrible move to trade for him. But I still think you let “ Russ be Russ” . You just have to live with all faults as much as you embrace the positives.

Roster has too many square pegs being forced into round holes. It shows every game and the biggest reason they team is struggling. It likely doesn’t get any better as the schedule gets tougher and the wear and tear of the long season just breaks down players even more.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

What exactly has THT done to warrant being in the starting lineup other than being a Klutch Client?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

THT doesn’t belong in the starting lineup, he doesn’t fit at all. But since when does fit matter?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

ad hasnt proven he can carry us. Russ isn't the problem.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
What exactly has THT done to warrant being in the starting lineup other than being a Klutch Client?

Defense potential an the gross lack of a true wing defender.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

To be fair, THT should have more than a dozen games to integrate into the new team. If AD and Russ had played like we we hoped, THTs 11 points and 5 assists would be great. Fans want him to score 28 points like his first games back, but thats not happening with AD, Russ, and LeBron getting all the touches. I still believe THT will be an All Star, but in his style, not as a 3 and D player like this team is trying to make him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: