General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 497, 498, 499 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

Martin said he was going to take Mikey to school, he did. He boxed him, he didn't fight him. Sandor kept Garcia off balance the entire fight. I thought since Mikey was a name and Martin an unknown they would give the fight to Mikey, they didn't. The judges got this one right.

Heavy underdog Sandor Martin scores majority decision victory over Mikey Garcia in stunner

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Canelo Alvarez TKOd Caleb Plant in the 11th Round. When Canelo hurts his opponent he's like a shark when there's blood in the water. He goes in for the kill. Plant was game but totally outclassed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Terence Crawford vs. Shawn Porter. Sat 20th. Mandalay Bay -- Las Vegas LINK One thing you know about Porter, he comes to fight. Bud should win but it won't be a cakewalk. I want to see Crawford vs Spence.

I get all PPV with Eminence. Sign up, buynitrotv [ at ] gmail.com. The site owner will email you a link to sign up. Tellum jodeke sent ya. Might knock something off my monthly bill.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

I think Porter could have continued. His father stopped the fight. Crawford Vs Porter

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Crawford is like a smaller Wilder with better fundamentals, now let’s get Spence Crawford going before they got old
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Crawford is a better boxer than Spence, who would get exposed if they meet.

Teofimo is a classless bum, who got embarrassed after talking (bleep) and ducking the Loma rematch. Hope he is given no rematch, as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Teofimo is a classless bum, who got embarrassed after talking (bleep) and ducking the Loma rematch. Hope he is given no rematch, as well.

The official scorecards read 115-111, 113-114, 115-112, with Kambosos winning on two of the cards.

Score it. I gave Kambosos the first 6 rounds. 115-113 Kambosos

Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

The official scorecards read 115-111, 113-114, 115-112, with Kambosos winning on two of the cards.

Outside of the KD, i think Teo was clearly losing the fight, but i will need to watch the full fight since i only caught highlights of it. Did not expect Kambosos to have a chance to be honest since i had never heard of him before. Usyk vs. Fury should be interesting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Outside of the KD, i think Teo was clearly losing the fight, but i will need to watch the full fight since i only caught highlights of it. Did not expect Kambosos to have a chance to be honest since i had never heard of him before. Usyk vs. Fury should be interesting.

Isn't Fury's next fight against Dillian Whyte?

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Yea, but i don't think Whyte can win.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Yea, but i don't think Whyte can win.

I don't either. If he takes training seriously, I don't think there's a heavyweight around who can beat the Gypsy King. He's the best boxer puncher I've seen for some time.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't either. If he takes training seriously, I don't think there's a heavyweight around who can beat the Gypsy King. He's the best boxer puncher I've seen for some time.

Usyk is the only one who has a chance imo, but, yea, Fury is definitely favored.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

jake paul has certainly grown on me. Should be a fun match against woodley.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley

Say what you will about Jake Paul, he's using the fight game to make money. Don't hate the playa, learn the game. If blame/shame is placed it should be at the feet of boxing. Boxing is killing itself. It's no longer what it was intended to be, Real fighters, Mono Y Mono. Of course, if Jake enters the square jungle with The Gypsy King he'll be destroyed.

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Say what you will about Jake Paul, he's using the fight game to make money. Don't hate the playa, learn the game. If blame/shame is placed it should be at the feet of boxing. Boxing is killing itself. It's no longer what it was intended to be, Real fighters, Mono Y Mono. Of course, if Jake enters the square jungle with The Gypsy King he'll be destroyed.

I saw a video, can't remember who, but they were saying how Jake is good for boxing. You got a young guy who half the people wanna see get knocked out, and the other half that loves him. He's calling people out and then knocking them out. I think he's hilarious, he knows how to entertain for sure. He doesn't need to box he can just make his living off YouTube, but he's putting in the work and putting guys down. Now it's time for him to fight an actual boxer and see what he can do.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I saw a video, can't remember who, but they were saying how Jake is good for boxing. You got a young guy who half the people wanna see get knocked out, and the other half that loves him. He's calling people out and then knocking them out. I think he's hilarious, he knows how to entertain for sure. He doesn't need to box he can just make his living off YouTube, but he's putting in the work and putting guys down. Now it's time for him to fight an actual boxer and see what he can do.

Dude's last 3 fights have been impressive, I mean he knocked out professional fighters, championship level, (except Nate). Gotta give him his due
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Dude's last 3 fights have been impressive, I mean he knocked out professional fighters, championship level, (except Nate). Gotta give him his due

ben like nate shouldn't count. Woodley is the only one which is still impressive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I got it twisted. I mixed Tyson Fury with Tommy Fury. I thought Jake had gone berserk and challenged Tyson Fury.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ben like nate shouldn't count. Woodley is the only one which is still impressive.

Maybe if Jake Paul was an amateur boxer then Os question some of his wins too but this dude was a YouTuber that somehow got into boxing and knocking out professional athletes including MMA champs in their 30s! Not 40s/50s, 30s! Shiz is impressive
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Maybe if Jake Paul was an amateur boxer then Os question some of his wins too but this dude was a YouTuber that somehow got into boxing and knocking out professional athletes including MMA champs in their 30s! Not 40s/50s, 30s! Shiz is impressive

no doubt. he's a banger, but because its a pure money grab vs being a true test he has yet to fight a guy whose first sport is boxing. They could probably pull a guy from kronk gym with zero fanfare, in his weightclass who has boxed for years and maybe never won a fight but could beat jake. IMHO.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
jodeke wrote:

no doubt. he's a banger, but because its a pure money grab vs being a true test he has yet to fight a guy whose first sport is boxing. They could probably pull a guy from kronk gym with zero fanfare, in his weightclass who has boxed for years and maybe never won a fight but could beat jake. IMHO.

That's true. He fights around 185-190 and probably walks around over 205. He picks inflated MMA welterweights. His team is smart to pick guys that are naturally 20 lbs smaller. Nate and Masdival are also 170 and not trained boxers. Tommy Fury is his size and a decent mid-level boxer. That fight would give fans a better idea of how good Paul actually is.

I'd prefer to see him in an MMA fight and watch Nate finish him via gogoplata. Hook that shin under Paul's big chin for an easy sub.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Canelo will easily beat Makubu in May.

I hope David wins his next fight so they can fight in September and Canelo can knock him out next.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Canelo will easily beat Makubu in May.

I hope David wins his next fight so they can fight in September and Canelo can knock him out next.

Haven’t been in for a while. Busy as hell but will try to get back in as much as possible. With that said, Canelo has kinda earned the right to cherry pick at this time. Cash cows move the needle. He would ha e never fought plant if he didn’t hold a title; and this fight at cruiser really serves no purpose other than saying he won a title at another division.

He needs to stay at 68 and 75. Some good fights to make at those weight classes. Charlo would have to move up from 60. Beneavidez is a fight I think we all wanna see. Rolls would be reversed for him when he fought Floyd. This time he’s be Floyd and DB is the up and coming monster.

Also Artur Beterbiev would be a solid scrap. If he cleans up 75, that would be crazy. He could retire right then.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Huge UK scrap. Don’t really believe it Whyte.

As far as where does Wilder go? My pops, my brothers and my son were at that fight. We’ve had a solid run with attending Fury-Wilder, Ugas-Manny and Tank-Cruz. Like everyone has said, he beat everyone not named Fury. He finds a away to get a belt and it’s meaningless as long as Fury has one.

Plain and simple. He has to beat a Joshua or King Kong type fighter. Maybe Ruiz the come back and beat Fury. It’s just that simple. And honestly, he has to stop Fury. The hardest punching heavyweight since maybe Tyson or Lewis hits Fury with bomb after bomb, drops him and he keeps getting back up. That messes with your brain and your confidence because those same blows stopped over 40 dudes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Huge UK scrap. Don’t really believe it Whyte.

As far as where does Wilder go? My pops, my brothers and my son were at that fight. We’ve had a solid run with attending Fury-Wilder, Ugas-Manny and Tank-Cruz. Like everyone has said, he beat everyone not named Fury. He finds a away to get a belt and it’s meaningless as long as Fury has one.

Plain and simple. He has to beat a Joshua or King Kong type fighter. Maybe Ruiz the come back and beat Fury. It’s just that simple. And honestly, he has to stop Fury. The hardest punching heavyweight since maybe Tyson or Lewis hits Fury with bomb after bomb, drops him and he keeps getting back up. That messes with your brain and your confidence because those same blows stopped over 40 dudes.

That plus his boxing ability is what makes Fury so dangerous. He's got a chin like granite and the will of a warrior. If he's in shape I don't see a heavyweight right now that can beat him..

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 497, 498, 499 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 498 of 514
Jump to: