*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (12/17/21 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm#30 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If he ends up having a MCL type injury he will likely be out for a few weeks, at that point you hope that Pelinka gets on the phone and looks for a big man... (Myles Turner...Jonas Valancuinas)...etc..etc.

How exactly would we get either of those?

I think Turner is much more likely especially if Kevin Prichard is willing to work with Pelinka.. Pelicans are starting to find there stride so Jonas might be pipe right now.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Please dont ever play IT again unless it's a blowout.

At least he has potential (unlike half our guys).

And he literally just got off the plane today. I thought he brought great energy and effort unlike a goodly chunk of our team tonight.

I dont ever want to see that guy play meaningful minutes again. Dude is a chucker we've got plenty of those.

Better to chuck and actually make the shots.

And what happens when he inevitably starts clanking? Where is his impact going to come from? We've got plenty of those on this team. The last thing we need is another one who's incapable of playing defense. We've got plenty of those as well.

Like seriously wtf is this team? IT should have no business playing meaningful minutes.

Who else should’ve played?

With Bradley, reaves, monk, THT, nunn, and Ariza out?

Calm Tf down haha. He played cause we literally don’t have enough bodies.

Dude i am calm lol. I actually won money on us losing lol thats the kind of faith i had going into this game

Just saying in future games. I get we didn't have bodies this game. But i dont want him playing meaninful minutes. He isn't going to contribute unless he's hitting shots at a good efficency. He's lost major steps he cant break down defenses anymore with his penetration. Liability on defense and defenders will sag of off him due to his height and loss of step.

You seriously don’t know what you’re looking at
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
https://twitter.com/3cbperformance/status/1472076345848975363?s=21
Just to show the slow reaction of AD, he was facing the play, and normal people would just back up or lift the leg when they see that guy fallling on the ground

That play happens quite a bit in games. It just goes to show how fragile day to Davis is in addition to his extra slow reactions this season.

We probably got lucky

the guy accelerated LeBrons shove and flew into AD.. there wasn't hesitation.. that wasn't a normal fall towards him.. the guy that got pushed launched himself further not knowing AD was right there.. you see his reaction when he crashed into AD.. "LeBron shouldn't have pushed me..."

Even I hate on AD but you two are on a whole nother level..
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TDRock wrote:
Derek calling the TWolves out on acting like they won the Super Bowl. Lol

They were definitely a little extra. Feels weird for the Lakers network to be calling this out, though
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Please dont ever play IT again unless it's a blowout.

At least he has potential (unlike half our guys).

And he literally just got off the plane today. I thought he brought great energy and effort unlike a goodly chunk of our team tonight.

I dont ever want to see that guy play meaningful minutes again. Dude is a chucker we've got plenty of those.

Better to chuck and actually make the shots.

And what happens when he inevitably starts clanking? Where is his impact going to come from? We've got plenty of those on this team. The last thing we need is another one who's incapable of playing defense. We've got plenty of those as well.

Like seriously wtf is this team? IT should have no business playing meaningful minutes.

Who else should’ve played?

With Bradley, reaves, monk, THT, nunn, and Ariza out?

Calm Tf down haha. He played cause we literally don’t have enough bodies.

Dude i am calm lol. I actually won money on us losing lol thats the kind of faith i had going into this game

Just saying in future games. I get we didn't have bodies this game. But i dont want him playing meaninful minutes. He isn't going to contribute unless he's hitting shots at a good efficency. He's lost major steps he cant break down defenses anymore with his penetration. Liability on defense and defenders will sag of off him due to his height and loss of step.

You seriously don’t know what you’re looking at

Alright dude hope im wrong. Would like to hear how im wrong about IT being a liability on defense and him losing his explosiveness.

Last edited by TMG on Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Just to show the slow reaction of AD, he was facing the play, and normal people would just back up or lift the leg when they see that guy fallling on the ground

That play happens quite a bit in games. It just goes to show how fragile day to Davis is in addition to his extra slow reactions this season.

We probably got lucky

the guy accelerated LeBrons shove and flew into AD.. there wasn't hesitation.. that wasn't a normal fall towards him.. the guy that got pushed launched himself further not knowing AD was right there.. you see his reaction when he crashed into AD.. "LeBron shouldn't have pushed me..."

I don’t hate ad at all, and I was just pointing out he had slow reaction on that play
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We probably got lucky

I don’t think any big man would fare well in a collision like that. It reminded me so much of when Kobe crashed into Bynum.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We probably got lucky

I don’t think any big man would fare well in a collision like that. It reminded me so much of when Kobe crashed into Bynum.

Don’t think it is anywhere near as bad. AD’s left leg wasn’t planted, Bynum was gearing up for rebound
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TDRock wrote:

They were definitely a little extra. Feels weird for the Lakers network to be calling this out, though

Did they say anything about the Lakers celebrating after beating Dallas?
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
TDRock wrote:

That was a buzzer-beater tho. Every team does that.

The Gatorade bath for Reaves was just the team showing him love. Nothing wrong with that.

Kiss my Converse.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Important next 10 games specially if AD misses more than 2 weeks. I think it will define our season.

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Important next 10 games specially if AD misses more than 2 weeks. I think it will define our season.

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

If we don’t have AD, I’d take 5-5
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

Bulls - missing key players but so are we so probably an L

Suns - Scheduled L

Nets - Probably L

rockets - W

Grizzlies - L

Blazers - no idea really

Wolves -

Kings - W

Hawks - no idea

Looking like a couple of losses.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

L, L, W, L, L, L, W, L, W, L.

3-7 the way they are playing and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 2-8 with another loss to the blazers if Dame has one of his hot staples center games.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

3-7 the way they are playing and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 2-8 with another loss to the blazers if Dame has one of his hot staples center games.

Rockets too?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

Rockets too?

Yeah Rockets aren’t an easy out anymore. Coming off a big winning streak and tbh the 2nd time we played them, it kind of got dicey.

We really don’t have any gimmes lol. Pistons kept the games close and probably thought they should have won in Detroit. Orlando is beyond turrible and we needed a season dominant 3rd just to have the buffer not to blow another lead in the 4th.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We probably got lucky

I don’t hate ad at all, and I was just pointing out he had slow reaction on that play

I read you remarking about his slow reaction vs any any normal person... as insulting him as though any normal person would be smart enough to get out of the way.. I think it happened way too abnormal for him to be expecting to be hit that hard.. but I have not rewatched it.. I'm not good at watching bad news
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

Rockets too?

Too many key guys missing... We'll probably get a few players back. But we can also lose more players due to covid.

AD
Dwight
Monk
THT
Reaves
Bradley
Ariza
Nunn
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We probably got lucky

I read you remarking about his slow reaction vs any any normal person... as insulting him as though any normal person would be smart enough to get out of the way.. I think it happened way too abnormal for him to be expecting to be hit that hard.. but I have not rewatched it.. I'm not good at watching bad news

No, I was just saying his mind wasn’t in game all the times which seems normal nowadays. Maybe a rest would be good for him
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

at Bulls
vs Suns
vs Spurs
vs Nets
at Rockets
at Grizzlies
vs Blazers
vs Wolves
vs Kings
vs Hawks

Rockets too?

Too many key guys missing... We'll probably get a few players back. But we can also lose more players due to covid.

AD
Dwight
Monk
THT
Reaves
Bradley
Ariza
Nunn

Besides AD and NUNN, I think everyone would be ready even ariza
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Why not celebrate? They just completely outplayed and made a hyped Laker Team filled with HoF players look foolish.

I’m past the point of caring too much anymore. Lakers need to show up and compete. If they dont… they get what they deserve. Another loss.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Derek wasn't on the show or he might have lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Per Trudell

Anthony Davis will not return tonight due to a left knee contusion. He’ll undergo further testing in Chicago tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1472074419531128833?s=21

Person standing under him should be suspended.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We probably got lucky

Lots of people that have decided to make AD their scapegoat have ridiculous takes.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject:

haven't had fun in two seasons
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: