*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (12/09/21 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#26 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic!

Such a frustrating team to watch. They show a little tease of what they are capable of doing then just quit competing. No consistency, no effort. No respect for the game.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

This isn’t Vogel’s fault…. this frankenstein construction of a team is on management filling the gaps with aged players while sacrificing much of your championship defense.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
This isn’t Vogel’s fault…. this frankenstein construction of a team is on management filling the gaps with aged players while sacrificing much of your championship defense.

Sorry but Vogel is not helping his case either... The guy have no idea what to do. Evident of all the line-up changes. No consistency, no continuity, no rhythm.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Sorry but Vogel is not helping his case either... The guy have no idea what to do. Evident of all the line-up changes. No consistency, no continuity, no rhythm.

And not a well constructed team. Defenseless players will do what
they do.

Vogel will be the fall guy but that is a bandaid 🩹. This team will
most likely go nowhere this season and LeBron may have already seen
his last championship. Unless he asks for a trade to a true contender, lol.

It is what it is…
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Davis:

“We can’t keep taking a step forward and two steps backwards. We got to fix it quickly."

Well at least they aren’t delusional to think it’s “injuries.”

It’s good that Day to Davis acknowledges this and doesn’t make excuses but unfortunately it seems that this team just isn’t capable of multiple steps forward.

26 games is enough of a sample size to show they just aren’t capable of any sustained winning streak. Sad thing is, if a winning streak was going to happen it would have had to happen in the first 2 months where the schedule has been as favorable as it gets.

This is a bad team. Vogel will be the initial scapegoat then LeKlutch will work their way down until they leave and the Lakers have to build it back up again.

Quote:
AD: "Our biggest problem right now is consistency."

I don’t know many old teams that have the consistency problem. When you are old, it just means you are no longer capable of being consistent.

Last edited by LakerSD on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

^^ good to see AD went to the school of 'how to give politically correct answers during interviews every single time'
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Anthony Davis:

“We can’t keep taking a step forward and two steps backwards. We got to fix it quickly."

Well at least they aren’t delusional to think it’s “injuries.”

It’s good that Day to Davis acknowledges this and doesn’t make excuses but unfortunately it seems that this team just isn’t capable of multiple steps forward.

26 games is enough of a sample size to show they just aren’t capable of any sustained winning streak. Sad thing is, if a winning streak was going to happen it would have had to happen in the first 2 months where the schedule has been as favorable as it gets.

This is a bad team. Vogel will be the initial scapegoat then LeKlutch will work their way down until they leave and the Lakers have to build it back up again.

Quote:
AD: "Our biggest problem right now is consistency."

I don’t know many old teams that have the consistency problem. When you are old, it just means you are no longer capable of being consistent.

Would care if he decide to show up himself to the games
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
This is a knee jerk reaction by me but

If the whole team was traded right now for draft picks, and we played g leaguers going forward for rest of year, fine

Yea, its an in the moment reaction. Im pissed.

lol I bet many here would prefer that on a good day. This squad is such a bummer. What is that now, 8 really bad losses?

Lost count Pen. In sum, the product being delivered on the floor alternates between being pretty good, to absolute garbage. They lose to teams that simply just play hard against them for 4 quarters - talent is irrelevant, as long as its NBA level. It's like, the Lakers wilt away against a team that comes to play hard, especially if they are physical.

Once in awhile they muster up some strong presence...then it just...fades.

Sorta like their championship hopes. Or even getting out of the first round hopes.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
^^ good to see AD went to the school of 'how to give politically correct answers during interviews every single time'

Basically, time for the chatter is gone. Results needed now.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

they do.

It is what it is…

Like I said he is just adding to the issue. He is suppose to be a defensive a coach... But there was a stretch in the game where he had Westbrook/AB/THT/Ellington/AD vs Melton/Culver/Bane/Jackson/Adams... Adams was pretty much clearing AD all game... Like I said I don't understand the logic of his line-up changes tonight.... Yea let's have AD against Adams probably one of the strongest physical big in the game... Have Lebron guard Jackson. At times he had THT on Jackson. Tonight's game plan didn't make sense from a defensive coach mindset.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
deal wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

they do.

It is what it is…

Like I said he is just adding to the issue. He is suppose to be a defensive a coach... But there was a stretch in the game where he had Westbrook/AB/THT/Ellington/AD vs Melton/Culver/Bane/Jackson/Adams... Adams was pretty much clearing AD all game... Like I said I don't understand the logic of his line-up changes tonight.... Yea let's have AD against Adams probably one of the strongest physical big in the game... Have Lebron guard Jackson. At times he had THT on Jackson. Tonight's game plan didn't make sense from a defensive coach mindset.

Fair point. As pointed out by another poster, Dwight (all of 10 minutes all game) was in with AD when the team took a lead in the third, which is when the Lakers "played big"...then Vog went smaller ball with AD at the 5. Jackson and Adams present 2 big guys, sorta like how the Lakers played the past 2 seasons. Perhaps matching size for size instead of this small ball thing would have been a better strategy.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
deal wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

they do.

It is what it is…

Fair point. As pointed out by another poster, Dwight (all of 10 minutes all game) was in with AD when the team took a lead in the third, which is when the Lakers "played big"...then Vog went smaller ball with AD at the 5. Jackson and Adams present 2 big guys, sorta like how the Lakers played the past 2 seasons. Perhaps matching size for size instead of this small ball thing would have been a better strategy.

Small ball line-up only works when you have long 3&D guys at the wings... Vogel once again made a mistake closing the 3rd with Westbrook/Monk/THT/Melo/AD... Monk and Melo were too small vs Anderson/Konchar... All Vogel had to do was play Dwight more as he was making a difference in the 3rd... Also reason why Westbrook could not get going because he didn't have a lob threat big and a screener... In the 4th look like the team decided it was a lost and could not over come Vogel's line-up changes. Also knowing they were playing again tomorrow night.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

^ Interesting how the big 3 met in the off season and allegedly it was discussed how AD had to play more 5. I wonder how much of their struggles is having AD play more of something he never even really liked to begin with, and moving away from what provided success for the team (AD + a true Center, e.g. Javale, Dwight) as being a core for them (with some exceptions when needed, such as that Rockets series).

I'm totally speculating at this point. I'll concede even grasping for straws...because I'm just flabbergasted watching this team collapse in on itself every other game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder
      Paycom Center, Oklahoma City, OK | Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2021 • 5:00 PM PT
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
^ Interesting how the big 3 met in the off season and allegedly it was discussed how AD had to play more 5. I wonder how much of their struggles is having AD play more of something he never even really liked to begin with, and moving away from what provided success for the team (AD + a true Center, e.g. Javale, Dwight) as being a core for them (with some exceptions when needed, such as that Rockets series).

I'm totally speculating at this point. I'll concede even grasping for straws...because I'm just flabbergasted watching this team collapse in on itself every other game.

I do recall Lebron mentioning a couple weeks ago that they need to go back to playing big again. Also heard him mention tonight about the line-up changes. Sound like team is starting to get fed up with Vogel.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

The roster as constructed ain't gonna make the playoffs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

We'll make it to the 1st round. Looks like we'll face the Suns or Warriors. Gonna surprise a lot of people.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
bertrome wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Memphis have held their opponents under 100 points for 6 games in a row... This team plays hard since Morant went down. 6-1 record.

Mavs scored 104 in their win yesterday.

5 out of 6 games... Still impressive.

The grizzlies backups are playing hard and deserve credit but I was curious to see who the wins came against. They beat the Kings (no Barnes or Holmes), the Raptors (no Anunoby or Trent), the Heat (no Bam), the Thunder (no SGA) and the Mavs (no Luka or Porzingis). Most of those teams are bad and all were missing their best players.

The full strength Lakers are not in good company losing to this team.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

We'll make it to the 1st round. Looks like we'll face the Suns or Warriors. Gonna surprise a lot of people.

Not if the suns or warriors do this all series

https://twitter.com/Tim_NBA/status/1469317782005334017
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I seriously have no idea what team to expect from quarter to quarter and that is sad
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Losing isn't fun. But if this were a young team with upside and potential, along with lots of cap space to work with, it would be much easier to take. This current bunch doesn't have any of that. It's just a bunch of entitled, overpaid guys on fumes.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Reaves comes in and immediately makes a play
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
Losing isn't fun. But if this were a young team with upside and potential, along with lots of cap space to work with, it would be much easier to take. This current bunch doesn't have any of that. It's just a bunch of entitled, overpaid guys on fumes.

This is a championship or bust team. I think Rob went all in and put together a 1 year roster. I thought he did a good thing. As the season progresses I'm leaning toward he shouldn't have completly broken up that championship roster. We only had 3 players return, LBJ, AD & THT. If this team doesn't bring home the Larry O'Brien it will be dismantled. If they don't do it next year, BYE-BYE ROB!! Afterthought; How much of this roster is because of Leron? How much did he "Get what he wanted?"

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20
Jump to: