OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Triumph wrote:
Alex Caruso On JJ Redick's Pod - What Exactly Happened In Free Agency That Led Him To Leave The Lakers For The Bulls:

Sounds like he knew it was his opportunity to secure the bag and he also wanted more responsibility/larger role on a team.

He said he even offered to take less than what the Bulls were willing to pay him. The front office/Lebron seemed very dismissive in the way they handled things. Very annoying.

I haven't even wanted to listen to that yet. I don't feel like being as annoyed as I know I will be...

its because they already had a hard line drawn after knowing what the luxury tax was looking like... they prioritized trading for Westbrook (so freaking dumb!) and extending THT
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

after tonight Caruso is likely top 2 leader in steals per game at only 28mpg...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
after tonight Caruso is likely top 2 leader in steals per game at only 28mpg...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=caruso+6+steals

I overheard it in highlights and felt great for him but the pain and confusion of him not being on our team
I don't even want to know if the problems with DS contract had anything to do with letting AC go.. I hated that guy enough already.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Top 2 in steals, Top 20 in defensive rating AGAIN. Is he elite yet?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

It's funny because the millions of members of reddit /r/NBA were saying Lakers fans were overrating him because that's kind of our thing to do. I go on /r/chicagobulls these days and they can't stop gushing about him. The guy is a legit, bonafide difference maker and his type of game makes him compatible with any roster.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:02 am    Post subject:

Happy for Carushow.

Wouldn't want him to get a big contract and then everyone label him as a guy overpaid and overrated. He is worth the money to the Bulls, and that's good to see. I'll want good for this dude, he was a heck of a teammate and Lakers role player.

He was one of my fav Lakers, Even wanted him, THT re-signed over Dennis (ask Yinoma in the Dennis wars). In the end, it's still the RS though. Teams haven't schemed yet to leave specific players open or apply pressure on the ball (Caruso seemed to struggle with us last year when teams pressured him on the ball as well as in making open looks).. I will still be patient and wait it out before I start screaming in agony but for sure losing Alex hurt me, man.

I do think for us, as I've said it many times, once we traded for WB, it came down to paying THT or Caruso. With THT's upside and potential size advantage to be a 2/3, it may be the reason. I would have personally gone with keeping Alex. Def.

Look at these numbers pro Caruso
112 O rating 100 D rating + 12
40.07% from 3
55.3% from 2
2.6 spg

THT has some big shoes to fill in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Ksig wrote:

It's funny because the millions of members of reddit /r/NBA were saying Lakers fans were overrating him because that's kind of our thing to do. I go on /r/chicagobulls these days and they can't stop gushing about him. The guy is a legit, bonafide difference maker and his type of game makes him compatible with any roster.

Thats more understandable to me at least. Fans of other teams didnt get to watch him play for us on a nightly basis. Im more surprised our own fans could watch him absolutely win us games with his defense and hustle and then say hes easily replaceable.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Days like this where we are getting absolutely wrecked by the Wolves and playing no D, makes you wonder why the (bleep) Pelinka and the FO didn't push to re-sign this guy.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

The Bulls lost in spectacular fashion but I'm re-watching the game and watching Caruso giving Curry fits is highly enjoyable. I can't wait for CaruGOAT to come back home!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Days like this where we are getting absolutely wrecked by the Wolves and playing no D, makes you wonder why the (bleep) Pelinka and the FO didn't push to re-sign this guy.

Westbrook @ $44M this season and $47M next season is why.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Alex Caruso is starting at POWER FORWARD tonight for Chicago.

This will be his first start as a Bull.

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1460075792331849730?s=21

?????

Ok then...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Alex Caruso is starting at POWER FORWARD tonight for Chicago.

This will be his first start as a Bull.

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1460075792331849730?s=21

?????

Ok then...

They won. Alex had 9 boards and the usual good all around game even though his shot wasn't falling tonight. He had 3 steals and a block and played great defense on Paul George when they matched up. Zo also swiped 3 balls too. 6 extra possessions from our boys. Man, a shame they ain't doing that here. Pretty much make up for Westbrooks gajillion turnovers.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject:

The Legend of Alex Caruso and Why People Call Him the GOAT
Nov 30, 2021

The pressure THT must feel to try and replace this guy.. Pelinka (bleep) sabotaged us... One of the dumber moves in Lakers history

Current THT cannot hold a candle to what AC currently brings to a team...

reading the comments hurts

Cedricplayz
Cedricplayz
6 days ago
Caruso is just a winner!

se7en Zee
se7en Zee
2 days ago
Great video. You forgot to mention an important point about Caruso: The guy knows his role! Since he's not one of the top scorers on the team, his job is hold the ball and look for Lavine, DeRozan and open shooters. He'll only take 5-6 shots a game. Many young players will look for their own shots.

Caruso is a just winning player.

Tony Rios
3 days ago
My best friend being a Los Angeles Lakers fan. I watched a lot of Laker games. I seen what Alex Caruso can do before he joined the team. When he signed with the Bulls, I told everyone that this is the most underrated signing of the season. My friend being a Lakers fan really misses Caruso and all that he brought to that team. So I purposely rub it in his face and send him highlights daily.

Justin Cox
Justin Cox
1 day ago
6th man of the year. One of my favorite players in the NBA
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:41 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
giordan0 wrote:

To be fair, they could have sign and traded THT for a trade X, 2nd round picks and kept Caruso at the same annual amount they paid THT, just go up in years. Caruso probably even stays on a 3 year 27M type of deal.

The real thing here is they saw more in THT's upside as a starting 2 next to WB than Caruso ever being that guy. Man, I love Caruso's game. It's nice to see him do well. Hoping THT can develop fast, or we move him for a player that can start at the 2 now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject:

Pelinka went with making Klutch happy over making the Lakers better. THT might be a good NBA player in 3-4 seasons but the team had already gone over the growing pains with Caruso, now Chicago gets to benefit from that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
giordan0 wrote:

To be fair, they could have sign and traded THT for a trade X, 2nd round picks and kept Caruso at the same annual amount they paid THT, just go up in years. Caruso probably even stays on a 3 year 27M type of deal.

The real thing here is they saw more in THT's upside as a starting 2 next to WB than Caruso ever being that guy. Man, I love Caruso's game. It's nice to see him do well. Hoping THT can develop fast, or we move him for a player that can start at the 2 now.

All true. I'm just salty with the moves we've made this summer. Hope I'm wrong but boy are we SLOW....
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
giordan0 wrote:

All true. I'm just salty with the moves we've made this summer. Hope I'm wrong but boy are we SLOW....

THT for Caruso, who says no?

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
giordan0 wrote:

THT for Caruso, who says no?

Heart

Beat
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

Caruso got punked by Grayson Allen last night, received a flagrant 2.

I'm surprised the league hasn't come down harder on Allen, he is a bit of a goon, as we used to say back in my day...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Per Woj

Chicago Bulls guard Alex Caruso has suffered a fractured right wrist and will likely need surgery, sources tell ESPN. The injury occurred after a fall following a flagrant foul from Milwaukee’s Grayson Allen on Friday night.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1484989389771980800?s=21

Additional imaging is still needed before a final decision on surgery, source tells ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1484989956523126785?s=21
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

NBA needs to come down on Grayson
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

If this was someone who doesn’t have a history of dirty play I would understand a less severe punishment. Given Grayson’s history (we’re running out of fingers to count his dirty play on) you would think the league would have came down swift and harshly.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
If this was someone who doesn’t have a history of dirty play I would understand a less severe punishment. Given Grayson’s history (we’re running out of fingers to count his dirty play on) you would think the league would have came down swift and harshly.

NCAA should've cracked down hard on him in college to prevent such BS.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Some Boys in Chicage need to give Grayson the rival gang number treatment.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Some Boys in Chicage need to give Grayson the rival gang number treatment.

If it's a one time thing, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But he's a known thug who puts other player's livelihood at risk. So I wish him a very, very short basketball career.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132
Page 132 of 132
Jump to: