Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah if CT3 comes back can play some 2b while Muncy takes time to recover and once healed from the elbow will take turns DH'ing with JT (assuming Freddie is in the mix).

Appears Lux is a goner, only decent trade chip we have left at the major league level to bring in an arm.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Only 5 players left from our 2017 roster. Amazing turnover.

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) Barnes
4) Bellinger
5) Justin Turner
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Yeah if CT3 comes back can play some 2b while Muncy takes time to recover and once healed from the elbow will take turns DH'ing with JT (assuming Freddie is in the mix).

Appears Lux is a goner, only decent trade chip we have left at the major league level to bring in an arm.

Lux is so valuable right now I just can’t see him getting traded.

He’s our new CT3/Kike and still under team control for 5 more years.

Anyone who can play SS/CF and hit is a keeper.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

I agree and he’s more valuable to us right now not anyone else. His trade value is nowhere near where it was 2 years ago..if he has a good FH I can see us flipping him for a crazy package. Obviously the downside to this is he straight up sucks and his value plummets all the while becoming unusable.

Lux is a huge question mark with major upside and downside. Let’s see what happens.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Also wanted to mention: i know Castillo is a big name but it could be Mahle/Gray/Castillo and I also think dodgers may offer Kuhl a deal. Just a hunch. Mahle makes most sense to me from a Friedman perspective.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

I agree and he’s more valuable to us right now not anyone else. His trade value is nowhere near where it was 2 years ago..if he has a good FH I can see us flipping him for a crazy package. Obviously the downside to this is he straight up sucks and his value plummets all the while becoming unusable.

Lux is a huge question mark with major upside and downside. Let’s see what happens.

Yeah, with the amount of injuries that happens every year, having CT3 and Lux is just invaluable. We're back to the days of having both CT3 and Kike. 2 super utility players that can fill in for anyone.

If we can somehow sign Kris Bryant, wowo. We'd be so versatile.

I wonder who gets cut/released/traded off the 40 man roster now that CT3 is back.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I still think Lux would have a lot of value to other teams in a trade, just because of how many years of team control he still has left. Even though he came up in 2019, the guy is still under team control for FIVE more years. Given how he finished the season, I have to believe he has quite a bit of value on the trade market. Perhaps not as much as when he was the #1 or #2 prospect in all of baseball, but still.

He's certainly not a guy we need to be proactively looking to move, of course. But if we did land Freeman, then it probably makes sense to move him, unless we think Muncy is going to be compromised for the entire season in 2022.

Again, keeping CT3 gives us a lot of options, which I like.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) Barnes
4) Bellinger
5) Justin Turner

You forgot CT3

Also, Buehler was a September call up and wasn't on the playoff roster.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) Barnes
4) Bellinger
5) Justin Turner

You forgot CT3

Yeah, 6 players with CT3. I wasn't just talking about the playoffs. Just anyone that played in 2017 and are still here with us.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

If we can't get Freeman I am ok with the Dodgers going after Carlos Correa.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
If we can't get Freeman I am ok with the Dodgers going after Carlos Correa.

I don't see it. Besides the obvious, if we weren't going to give Seager $300+MM, why would we turn around and do that for Correa? A player, by the way, who has dealt with a possibly chronic back issue.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) Barnes
4) Bellinger
5) Justin Turner

You forgot CT3

Yeah, 6 players with CT3. I wasn't just talking about the playoffs. Just anyone that played in 2017 and are still here with us.

Ahh, gotcha!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
While he is interested in returning to Atlanta, there is a limit to how long he is going to wait. According to reports, Freeman is starting to get impatient with the Braves’ front office in regards to a contract offer.

Quote:
Dodgers Insider Confirms LA is Engaged in Talks with Freddie Freeman

AM570 host Dave Vassegh took it a bit further, revealing that Dodger players are pushing hard for Freeman in the post-Seager era.

“The one thing that has occurred since Corey Seager has agreed to sign with the Texas Rangers. The Dodgers have now pivoted toward Orange County’s own Freddie Freeman. … I had Dodger players immediately — I had three different Dodger players of significance text me after Seager’s news was announced, ‘Freddie Freeman. Freddie Freeman. Freddie Freeman.'”

Quote:
according to Vassegh, there are more teeth to this than just hope.

“They are engaged in talks right now. And what makes this all the more interesting is, Freddie Freeman, from my understanding, talking to people close to him, he has grown very impatient with the Atlanta Braves.

Because the Atlanta Braves were taking the strategy of wait and see where the market goes before offering him a contract. So, to my knowledge, the Braves have not offered Freddie Freeman any sort of contract which has made him grow very impatient. And, when a door closes, there’s another one that opens and Andrew Friedman usually steps right through it.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) Barnes
4) Bellinger
5) Justin Turner

You forgot CT3

Kenley Jansen isn't coming back?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) Barnes
4) Bellinger
5) Justin Turner

You forgot CT3

Kenley Jansen isn't coming back?

We'll see. There's still Kershaw, Jansen and Brandon Morrow out there.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Per Dodgersnation:

Quote:
“He is going to take the largest contract he possibly can because, for all intents and purposes, this is [Kenley’s] last opportunity at a big contract in free agency”, said David Vassegh on the Petros and Money Show. “And an old friend – Don Mattingly – has engaged Kenley Jansen in talks. The Marlins and Jansen are in talks.”

Say what you want about Kenley Jansen’s reliability in the 9th inning, but he was able to turn things around last season to finish as one of baseball’s best closers. He ended the year with a 2.22 ERA in 69 innings pitched, his lowest since his All-Star season in 2017.

While it would be nice to keep Kenley for another year, the price that he will demand will almost certainly take the Dodgers out of the running for his services. Having Blake Treinen as a Plan B doesn’t hurt either.

One factor that could potentially factor into Kenley’s decision is geography, as the Marlins are much closer to home than the Dodgers are.

“[It’s] a shorter boat trip and flight to Curaçao for Kenley Jansen if he were to play in Miami. That’s where he spends his offseason.”

Welcome Treinen as your new Dodgers closer.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Well, Dodgers reached out to Carlos Correa.....Jesus I just want Freeman.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Hoping for 4/60 with Taylor. 3/50 even better but let’s see. I think he could’ve gotten 4/64 easily so I’ll be ok with that too. Anything more though and I’m upset.

Be prepared to be upset. Guessing we added a fifth year. But let's see.

Right on the money

Quote:
Los Angeles Dodgers, Chris Taylor agree to 4-year, $60 million deal, sources say
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
Ben Zobrist got 4/56 from Cubs entering age 35 season in 2016, a deal perhaps no team would give a player of that age today. Taylor gets 4/60 entering age 31 season, plus club option. His camp told other teams this AM that money wasn’t driving factor. He wanted to stay with LAD.

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/status/1466233779723415552?s=21

MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Freeman or Olson please come on Azul!!!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Chris Taylor is not as good as Brett Butler was but he is reaching Butler level of popularity in Los Angeles.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of Butler, reminds me of the last strike in 1994.

* We traded Pedro Martinez for Delino DeShields in the prior offseason theoretically having two all star caliber speed demons at the top of the lineup in DeShields and Butler - Butler lived up to his end, DeShields...we all know about him.
* Surprisingly, Wallach turned back the clock and had an all star caliber year and was one of the top third baseman
* Darryl Strawberry ends his disappointing tenure with Dodgers - man if Eric Davis and Strawberry with their hometown stories disappointed as much today as they did back then....they would want to leave LA ASAP. Making it worse - Strawberry and Davis are THE two most talented baseball players of the late 80s and early 90s before Bonds gets into his groove.
* Orel's real last season with the Dodgers to be replaced by Nomo the next season and yes we consciously replaced Orel with Nomo
* Would have been interesting to see how far the Expos would have gone....my thinking is they were too young and were extremely talented but that team of Grissom, Walker, Martinez, Lansing, Wetteland and Fassero doesnt strike me as a team with playoff grit - they are upset in the division series or NLCS.
* Braves would have been my guess to make the world series that year to go against the Yankees
* Jeff Bagwell and Matt Williams incredible years
* Bonds and Griffey Jr best players in the league
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

* We traded Pedro Martinez for Delino DeShields in the prior offseason theoretically having two all star caliber speed demons at the top of the lineup in DeShields and Butler - Butler lived up to his end, DeShields...we all know about him.
* Surprisingly, Wallach turned back the clock and had an all star caliber year and was one of the top third baseman
* Darryl Strawberry ends his disappointing tenure with Dodgers - man if Eric Davis and Strawberry with their hometown stories disappointed as much today as they did back then....they would want to leave LA ASAP. Making it worse - Strawberry and Davis are THE two most talented baseball players of the late 80s and early 90s before Bonds gets into his groove.
* Orel's real last season with the Dodgers to be replaced by Nomo the next season and yes we consciously replaced Orel with Nomo
* Would have been interesting to see how far the Expos would have gone....my thinking is they were too young and were extremely talented but that team of Grissom, Walker, Martinez, Lansing, Wetteland and Fassero doesnt strike me as a team with playoff grit - they are upset in the division series or NLCS.
* Braves would have been my guess to make the world series that year to go against the Yankees

Yes yes yes, I remember ALL of those just like was yesterday. Damn I’m old.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

I’m in my 30s and even I’ll say you guys are way 2 old
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

I’m in my 30s and even I’ll say you guys are way 2 old

Its funny because we led the really weak NL West. We would have played the Expos in the NLDS and I feel that series is one where our inferior team could have pulled 1988 off again with our core of veteran pitchers like Orel, Ramon, Kevin Gross and Candiotti giving the young Expos a shell-shock. Of course, there is no damn way I think we would beat the winner of the Braves-Reds series in the NLCS but for some funny reason, I feel we could have upset the untested young Expos.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 8 of 434
Jump to: