Scottie Pippen says Suge Knight didn't want any smoke with Charles Oakley

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Scottie Pippen says Suge Knight didn't want any smoke with Charles Oakley

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/scottie-pippen-says-suge-knight-didnt-want-any-smoke-with-charles-oakley-suge-walked-around-oak-that-night-thats-what-i-saw/ar-AARgNPC

Quote:
Scottie Pippen Says Suge Knight Didn't Want Any Smoke With Charles Oakley: "Suge Walked Around Oak That Night. That’s What I Saw!"

Charles Oakley was a very respected man around the NBA thanks to his personality and fierce competitiveness. The former Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks seemingly didn't fear anybody, and instead, he was the one inflicting fear in others.

Oakley always tried to be away from trouble but he never hesitated to get physical with people trying to play him. That's what happened in the 90s when he showed one of the most prominent and intimidating figures in showbiz who was in charge.

Back in the 90s, Suge Knight was one of the biggest and most controversial figures in entertainment, earning a reputation of hurting people when he felt disrespected. Just like people feared Knight, he allegedly feared Oakley, as Scottie Pippen recently revealed.

In an appearance on FOX SOUL's Choppin It Up With Oakley, Scottie was inquired by co-host Sasha Delvalle about the time his former teammate told him Suge Knight (Death Row Records co-founder and Tupac's associate) didn't want to get in trouble with him.

Via Hot New Hip Hop:

"I look up. I'm seeing all these people. Probably 3,4 feet from me," Pippen said. "They gettin' pushed around, knocked around. Me and Oak standing there, you know, we both of stature so we could see everything. People could see us."

While Pippen observed the number of people getting pushed around at the party, he saw Oakley lock eyes with Suge. "Oak turn around and look and he's like, 'Man, that's Suge Knight. He don't want none of this here smoke. I just had beef with him the other night," Pippen continued, revealing that Oakley's point was proven by Suge's distance from their section.

"It was like a storm going on over there. Wasn't nobody moving where we were standing and I'm like, 'Wow.' And it was basically Suge Knight walked around Oakley like that," he said, mapping out the movements with his index finger on the table. "That's what I saw."

Oakley added, "Sometimes, you don't gotta repeat nothin' when somebody tell you the truth. It is what it is."

View the original article to see embedded media.
Perhaps many young folks won't see how impressive this is, but let's say if you stood up to Suge Knight during his prime, let alone intimidate him, you must be somebody special. Charles Oakley could never win a championship with the Chicago Bulls and was traded to the New York Knicks before they entered the sweetest era in franchise history, but the memories he left there are unforgettable.

His initial role in the league was protecting Michael Jordan, who really valued his presence on the court. However, the team didn't see Oakley as the right piece to win a championship, shipping him to New York.

He made big memories on and off the court, and this story from Scottie is indeed one of the best from Oak.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

One of the best stories from Scottie....that can't be proved. This happened at a party? Ok. But tough guy Oakley, and he was tough..... was tough on the court, would have found out that if there was a real beef, and settled Compton/Long Beach style, Oakley would learn quickly that ain't nobody gonna fight his big tough a_s with their fists, etc.,

The mindset then, before the 80's "shoulder to shoulder" fighting style passed, had changed. Like my boys BTH stated: "beg your pardon to Martin, we ain't marchin', we shootin".
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
One of the best stories from Scottie....that can't be proved. This happened at a party? Ok. But tough guy Oakley, and he was tough..... was tough on the court, would have found out that if there was a real beef, and settled Compton/Long Beach style, Oakley would learn quickly that ain't nobody gonna fight his big tough a_s with their fists, etc.,

The mindset then, before the 80's "shoulder to shoulder" fighting style passed, had changed. Like my boys BTH stated: "beg your pardon to Martin, we ain't marchin', we shootin".

He is the epitome of what separates generations on the court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: