🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I think Bengals/Chargers would be better

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/23/nfl-flexes-chiefs-broncos-to-sunday-night-football-in-week-13/

Quote:
NFL flexes Chiefs-Broncos to Sunday Night Football in Week 13

The NFL has elected to swap two underachieving NFC West teams for a matchup between two AFC West teams in Week 13.

Instead of the Seahawks and 49ers, the Chiefs and Broncos will be playing on Sunday Night Football on Dec. 5.

It isn’t much of a surprise that the 5-5 49ers and 3-7 Seahawks were flexed out of a primetime slot, given how both teams have performed this season. Now at 7-4, the resurgent Chiefs and the 5-5 Broncos competing in December should make for a more compelling matchup.

The switch was one of a handful of changes the NFL announced to the schedule on Tuesday afternoon.

With Denver and Kansas City now kicking off at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC, 49ers at Seahawks has moved to 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS. The Ravens and Steelers will also play at 4:25 p.m. on CBS that day.

The Jaguars and Rams have moved from 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS to 4:05 p.m. ET on FOX. Washington and the Raiders are also kicking off at that time on FOX.

Chargers at Bengals, which was also rumored to be in contention for Sunday Night Football, will still be played at 1 p.m. ET, but has moved from CBS to FOX.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

Saints tried trading up to draft Mac Jones, I wish they could have pulled that off.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Panthers go from Sam Darnold to Cam Darnold.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Saints tried trading up to draft Mac Jones, I wish they could have pulled that off.

Glad they didn't. I figured WFT or the Saints would move up and grab him before the Patriots. When the other 4 first rounders went off the board, I figured that some smart GM would trade up. Either Belichick had 'nads of stone, or simply didn't realize that he was that good.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Greenbay deadly in the Red Zone

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Glad they didn't. I figured WFT or the Saints would move up and grab him before the Patriots. When the other 4 first rounders went off the board, I figured that some smart GM would trade up. Either Belichick had 'nads of stone, or simply didn't realize that he was that good.

Bill knew because Saban told him to draft Mac Jones to begin with. A Bama QB is a catch 22 rarely has any QB of Saban's actually been good in the NFL.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Panthers go from Sam Darnold to Cam Darnold.

They had nothing to lose by bringing him back. His best days are over.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Bill knew because Saban told him to draft Mac Jones to begin with. A Bama QB is a catch 22 rarely has any QB of Saban's actually been good in the NFL.

I'm wondering what Bill knew. Either he has 'nads of stone, or he miscalculated Mac Jones. The Saban to Belichick communication link has been faulty, the Patriots wasted a second round pick on a 'Bama CB and punt returner who couldn't cover and couldn't catch a punt. On a teams with an aging roster, that was a minor disaster.

What makes me really wonder is how Mac Jones got the starting job. If Cam Newton had gotten vaccinated, he'd probably be the starting New England QB. Newton skipped a week, which gave Jones the opportunity to take snaps with the starters. That's when it finally dawned on the Patriot brain trust that he was better than Newton.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm wondering what Bill knew. Either he has 'nads of stone, or he miscalculated Mac Jones. The Saban to Belichick communication link has been faulty, the Patriots wasted a second round pick on a 'Bama CB and punt returner who couldn't cover and couldn't catch a punt. On a teams with an aging roster, that was a minor disaster.

What makes me really wonder is how Mac Jones got the starting job. If Cam Newton had gotten vaccinated, he'd probably be the starting New England QB. Newton skipped a week, which gave Jones the opportunity to take snaps with the starters. That's when it finally dawned on the Patriot brain trust that he was better than Newton.

Mac won the job honestly. He outperformed Cam from the giddy up. It was just a matter of time.

Bill is showing why he's Bill. He's gonna knock some contenders out of the game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

I expect the Patriots to go further in the playoffs than the Rams. They have something the Rams don't have a good defense.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I expect the Patriots to go further in the playoffs than the Rams. They have something the Rams don't have a good defense.

They also have a better coach. Look where Bill is in the GOAT conversation. LINK

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Mac won the job honestly. He outperformed Cam from the giddy up. It was just a matter of time.

Bill is showing why he's Bill. He's gonna knock some contenders out of the game.

Nope, I followed the Patriots training camp. Mac Jones was not seeing snaps with the starters, and during the preseason games he was playing with the backups. Belichick was singing Cam Newton's praises, that his passing and knowledge of the playbook had improved. It was only when Newton blew off a mandatory testing date that Jones was given a chance with the starters.

That's the way Belichick works. If Bledsoe didn't suffer that life-threatening injury against the Jets during Game 2 in 2001, Brady would have been welded to the bench for most, perhaps all of that season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Nope, I followed the Patriots training camp. Mac Jones was not seeing snaps with the starters, and during the preseason games he was playing with the backups. Belichick was singing Cam Newton's praises, that his passing and knowledge of the playbook had improved. It was only when Newton blew off a mandatory testing date that Jones was given a chance with the starters.

That's the way Belichick works. If Bledsoe didn't suffer that life-threatening injury against the Jets during Game 2 in 2001, Brady would have been welded to the bench for most, perhaps all of that season.

I didn't follow the training camp. I got my take from the media. While working with the backup he performed well. There was talk he was outperforming Cam and would eventually win the starting job. Because of the way things unfolded, we'll never know for sure.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I didn't follow the training camp. I got my take from the media. While working with the backup he performed well. There was talk he was outperforming Cam and would eventually win the starting job. Because of the way things unfolded, we'll never know for sure.

There are two practice fields at Dana-Farber Field House, which is next-door to the Razor (Gillette Stadium). Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels (like most NFL HCs and OCs) spend the vast majority of their time with the first team on playing field one. Mac was out of sight, out of mind; doing well as a second-stringer always comes with a qualification, that he performed well against the team's second string defense. Mac Jones was not going to win the starting role this year. Frankly, his numbers were only sometimes better than Cam Newtons, as Cam had far more reps and chemistry with the first string, and had better knowledge of the first-string defense. ESPN's Reiss and the local reporters didn't think Mac Jones was challenging for that starting role, up until Cam blew off that Covid test. That gave Mac Jones a week with the starters, without having to share the snaps with anyone else. That's when the mini-QB controversy started.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

There are two practice fields at Dana-Farber Field House, which is next-door to the Razor (Gillette Stadium). Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels (like most NFL HCs and OCs) spend the vast majority of their time with the first team on playing field one. Mac was out of sight, out of mind; doing well as a second-stringer always comes with a qualification, that he performed well against the team's second string defense. Mac Jones was not going to win the starting role this year. Frankly, his numbers were only sometimes better than Cam Newtons, as Cam had far more reps and chemistry with the first string, and had better knowledge of the first-string defense. ESPN's Reiss and the local reporters didn't think Mac Jones was challenging for that starting role, up until Cam blew off that Covid test. That gave Mac Jones a week with the starters, without having to share the snaps with anyone else. That's when the mini-QB controversy started.

OK That's where I got my take from. If I have it right it was reported he outperformed Cam during that period.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They also have a better coach. Look where Bill is in the GOAT conversation. LINK

I wonder how bad the Patriots would be last year if he wasn't the coach. He managed to get 7 wins out of that team last year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I wonder how bad the Patriots would be last year if he wasn't the coach. He managed to get 7 wins out of that team last year.

Who do you have ahead in the Brady vs Belichick race? I have Bill slightly in the lead. Tom won a SB with a stacked deck but he had to gell and lead it. Bill started from scratch and had a great season with practically nothing.

I don't count Bill out in the SB run this year. I don't count Tom out either.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Mac being good in New England is maybe the most unsurprising thing ever. Matt Cassel, Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett all looked pretty good running McDaniels’ offense, and Mac is better than all of those guys.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Mac being good in New England is maybe the most unsurprising thing ever. Matt Cassel, Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett all looked pretty good running McDaniels’ offense, and Mac is better than all of those guys.

Yeah I agree it would be a surprise if he was a total bust.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Who do you have ahead in the Brady vs Belichick race? I have Bill slightly in the lead. Tom won a SB with a stacked deck but he had to gell and lead it. Bill started from scratch and had a great season with practically nothing.

I don't count Bill out in the SB run this year. I don't count Tom out either.

Would not be surprised to see Belichick win another Super Bowl. Last season with Brady winning a ring without him probably rubbed him the wrong way and a huge motivator for him personally.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Mac would've taken over from Cam early in the season, if Cam had actually been given the starting nod. Cam can't throw the ball anymore.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Mac Jones lucked out going from one great college football program to another great NFL team. The structure and discipline from going from a winning program to another is a smoother transition than what guys like Trevor Lawrence is probably going thru.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Man! The Washington Football Team is giving the Seahawks all they want and more. Leading 17 9. 11:47 left in the game.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

The Seattle offense is broken. Whether it's Wilson's hand bothering him, him not caring anymore and wanting out, or whatever it is, that team looks cooked. Could be the end of an era that we're witnessing. They had basically a decade of serious relevance in the NFL, but I think we're seeing that come to a screeching halt.

I suspect very strongly that Wilson will be playing elsewhere next season.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Can you imagine Tampa Bay and New England in the SB? I think the Pats are the best team in the AFC right now and you can't never count Brady out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 95 of 335
Jump to: