OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7123, 7124, 7125 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Here's the most alarming part about the Lakers' 10-11 start: they've had the softest schedule defensively and yet they rank 20th on that end of the floor. After tomorrow, they'll have played HOU 2x, OKC 2x and DET 2x. Only team in NBA who will have played the worst 3 offenses 2x.

We’re 2-9 against .500 or better teams. Those two wins were an OT win vs Charlotte and an OT win over a Jimmy Butler-less Heat.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

Tank commander Luke Walton is available if we really want to get rid of everyone on the championshiop team. Vogel should be next. Don't fire Rob yet. We still have some assets left for him to give away.

Lets tank when we don't even have our first round pick. Yippee!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Here's the most alarming part about the Lakers' 10-11 start: they've had the softest schedule defensively and yet they rank 20th on that end of the floor. After tomorrow, they'll have played HOU 2x, OKC 2x and DET 2x. Only team in NBA who will have played the worst 3 offenses 2x.

We’re 2-9 against .500 or better teams. Those two wins were an OT win vs Charlotte and an OT win over a Jimmy Butler-less Heat.

and no bron.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Why the hell do we have so many small guards and no wings?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:

3 of the team's 4 best players are wings by natural position.

AD, Bron, Melo. They are all basically wings. We also signed Ariza. So if you have Ariza, your 4/3 rotation is supposed to be:

AD/Melo at 4
Bron/Ariza at the 3

With some smaller ball with AD at the 5 to close the game. However since Ariza has been injured all season, and and Bron has missed half the games, we're playing a lot smaller at 3.

In general though, it's ths 2 guard position, I am most concerned about. Who defends Klay? Book? Yesterday Bron was on Hield. Used to we had a solid 2 guard in KCP. Before than Danny Green. We need a 2 guard that can defend the position with a high motor and then also bring some scoring as an off the ball threat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
sogood. wrote:

3 of the team's 4 best players are wings by natural position.

AD, Bron, Melo. They are all basically wings. We also signed Ariza. So if you have Ariza, your 4/3 rotation is supposed to be:

AD/Melo at 4
Bron/Ariza at the 3

With some smaller ball with AD at the 5 to close the game. However since Ariza has been injured all season, and and Bron has missed half the games, we're playing a lot smaller at 3.

In general though, it's ths 2 guard position, I am most concerned about. Who defends Klay? Book? Yesterday Bron was on Hield. Used to we had a solid 2 guard in KCP. Before than Danny Green. We need a 2 guard that can defend the position with a high motor and then also bring some scoring as an off the ball threat

What you are calling the 2-guard position is a wing. We usually think of 2s and 3s as wings. Davis is not a wing. Other teams are happy when he comes out to defend someone on the perimeter. Carmelo is more of 4 at this point in his career. Lebron can still play as a wing, but he's more of a 3/4 than a 2/3.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Fans were asking for a wing when the team had KCP, Danny Green and Kuz. Even then, read a lot of talk about needing bigger wings. I feel that's true in general we need one, but it's a tough player to get. Alternatively, a 2 guard isn't as hard to get, IMO.

In general, I find the team lacks some size but this is due to injury moreso than anything. When the team starts DAJ/AD/Bron/Westbrook. They have a lot of size there at 1-3-4-5. It comes down to the 2 spot. We could go with a traditional sized 2 more like Ellington but even him he's not really a starting level 2. We've been trying THT, Bradley, Bazemore etc. I just can't see who that guy is. If we can get that starting 2 who can rely on for 25-30 minutes a game, it will go a long way for the team. The talent just isn't there.

In "height" Reaves is listed at 6'5. A little lighter. Possibly he could give the Lakers a different look on D and with being able to have a motor. Would like to see him get some time at the 2. We've tried about everything and everyone else it seems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Fans were asking for a wing when the team had KCP, Danny Green and Kuz. Even then, read a lot of talk about needing bigger wings. I feel that's true in general we need one, but it's a tough player to get. Alternatively, a 2 guard isn't as hard to get, IMO.

In general, I find the team lacks some size but this is due to injury moreso than anything. When the team starts DAJ/AD/Bron/Westbrook. They have a lot of size there at 1-3-4-5. It comes down to the 2 spot. We could go with a traditional sized 2 more like Ellington but even him he's not really a starting level 2. We've been trying THT, Bradley, Bazemore etc. I just can't see who that guy is. If we can get that starting 2 who can rely on for 25-30 minutes a game, it will go a long way for the team. The talent just isn't there.

In "height" Reaves is listed at 6'5. A little lighter. Possibly he could give the Lakers a different look on D and with being able to have a motor. Would like to see him get some time at the 2. We've tried about everything and everyone else it seems.

It appears that the plan was for Ariza to plug that gap. He might still do it if his injury doesn’t hamper his mobility. Otherwise, we’ll probably end up trying to use THT and Reaves. That’s not an appealing prospect.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

John Wall wants to start playing for the Rockets. I guess Rich Paul couldn’t broker a trade.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32729070/sources-john-wall-houston-rockets-discussing-return-play
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

If we get rid of Vogel, I say to just promote Phil Handy and roll the dice. I can't imagine we can play worse.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

It's very hard to find a competent coach. I still remember the days of Brown, Scott and Walton. So be vewy vewy careful with Vogel. Every decision is critical when ur team is in rebuilding/retooling mode.

Not gonna lie but I don't want Vogel gone because im very afraid of who Jeanie would hire. I mean do we really want go thru six more years of her trial and error to find the next decent coach?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
John Wall wants to start playing for the Rockets. I guess Rich Paul couldn’t broker a trade.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32729070/sources-john-wall-houston-rockets-discussing-return-play

No one idiotic enough to take that contract.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If the Rockets attached a few picks or a asset then I could see a team being more intrigued with the John Wall idea.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If the Rockets attached a few picks or a asset then I could see a team being more intrigued with the John Wall idea.

Rockets are rebuilding and dont need to attach anything to get rid of John Wall.

He can rot on the bench and get supermax for it. Rockets owe him nothing
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject:

What about cam reddish for tht? Feel like he'd be a a very versatile piece
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject:

Now that draft pick Pelinka threw away with the Westbrook trade would have been handy now for any potential trade
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject:

Justwar wrote:

I was begging for the same thing back in August when Atlanta made him available. It wasn't possible back then because we just signed THT to his extension, but now that we're in November it's technically possible.

The idea was that since Atlanta has a bajillion forwards and the Lakers have a zillion guards, so it would be a perfect trade for both. Too bad Cam just got hurt, plus he's been looking better than THT so far this season.

It's also an issue that Cam's replacement (DeAndre Hunter) is also hurt for two months, which means that any possible trade between the two would likely happen closer to the deadline in February if it happens at all.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Justwar wrote:

I was begging for the same thing back in August when Atlanta made him available. It wasn't possible back then because we just signed THT to his extension, but now that we're in November it's technically possible.

The idea was that since Atlanta has a bajillion forwards and the Lakers have a zillion guards, so it would be a perfect trade for both. Too bad Cam just got hurt, plus he's been looking better than THT so far this season.

It's also an issue that Cam's replacement (DeAndre Hunter) is also hurt for two months, which means that any possible trade between the two would likely happen closer to the deadline in February if it happens at all.

Time to trade for cam was last year, now I don’t think he is available
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

The Timberwolves currently have a better record than us.

Let that sink in.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

We didn't have Lebron for that Jimmy Butler matchup so I don't think it deserves any type of qualifier. I think for a team with as many new parts as ours - it's not unexpected.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

We didn't have Lebron for that Jimmy Butler matchup so I don't think it deserves any type of qualifier. I think for a team with as many new parts as ours - it's not unexpected.

The Warriors sat their starters against Detroit and beat them handily. We had AD, LeBron and Westbrook and went minute for minute with them.

We are struggling vs teams we should be able to beat with stars resting and getting beaten handily by teams we're supposed to be even with. This is the problem.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Possibly Miami bound via buyout???

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Rockets five-time All-Star John Wall will continue to sit games after he told team officials his desire is to play, start games and compete to maintain role. Houston wants Wall to come off the bench.

Full story on @TheAthletic

Quote:

Michael Scotto
@MikeAScotto

Houston Rockets guard John Wall posted a workout video on Instagram with #FreeMe. Wall, a five-time All-Star, averaged 20.6 points and 6.9 assists for the Rockets last season.

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1465045367842553859

Quote:
As unlikely of a scenario as that seems, if Wall would agree to a buyout, there’s at least one team that has already reported some interest in bringing him in. The Miami Heat.

According to a report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Heat would be interested in the event that Wall would agree to a buyout. Miami needs some depth at the point guard position and assuming Wall doesn’t have any starting options out there, the Heat may be the best landing spot for Wall to attempt to rebuild his career.

ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ahaider wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

The Warriors sat their starters against Detroit and beat them handily. We had AD, LeBron and Westbrook and went minute for minute with them.

We are struggling vs teams we should be able to beat with stars resting and getting beaten handily by teams we're supposed to be even with. This is the problem.

Yes they did. The warriors have two things we don’t.

1) Young players who buy into their defensive system and are positive forces on that end. Playing defense doesn’t need a star to support that endeavor.
2) Clear cut offensive identity such that players know their roles and how to move with/without the ball. Ball doesn’t get stuck in the hands of star players or role players.

The Warriors are heads and tails better than us in both capacities. Funny enough both of those areas are ownership related. I really believe that of the players we assembled we lack the youth to buoy the top end. I do believe this could be corrected if Pelinka is aggressive in hiring another offensive mind (Terry Stots)

Being aggressive for trades. I know our chest is limited but I think Nunn/THT will have a fair amount of pressure on them as they’re the most traceable pieces from both age & youth and also our gluttony of guards.

That said, I do think even the team as constructed will see upward trend against .500 teams.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Boog to the Bucks!

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Free agent center DeMarcus Cousins plans to sign a one-year deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, source tells ESPN.

Bucks kept an open roster spot, needed size and will bring Cousins into a strong culture on a non-guaranteed deal. Cousins played well for Clippers in significant stretches a season ago, and stayed in shape awaiting an opportunity. Now Cousins gets a deal on the defending champs.

Dragic possibly shelved till buyout/tradeSZN???

Quote:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Raptors guard Goran Dragic will be away from team indefinitely due to personal reasons.

roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

what is that DAJ provides that cousins can't?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7123, 7124, 7125 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7124 of 8560
Jump to: