OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7120, 7121, 7122 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We might still have a chance to get Buddy Hield if the Kings decide to have a fire sale.

What's the fascination with Buddy hield?

None. He would do nothing to change the Lakers fortunes. Some of these guys think the NBA is a video game.

It seems to happen often on here when there are trade rumors. People get themselves attached to a potential player and then spend years in what ifs. It even happens with mediocre players. Jonathon Bender or Marcus Banks anyone?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject:

I would definitely be open to moving THT.

Lakers have 4 main weapons - that will get minutes. Because of offense. The offense heavily relies on these 4 through a 48 minute game.

AD, Melo, Bron, Westbrook. Not in the same lineup always, but 2 or 3 of those 4 will always be playing in lineups.

Outside of Bradley, and when you go big with DeAndre/Dwight at the 5, what 2-way threats do we really have? We don't.

Bron can definitely help with the Westbrook warts. Westbrook's decison making is less exposed when Bron is there as he takes over the closing. If we spread the floor like we did yesterday, then teams will sag off Westbrook (and WB will have an open paint to cut into). There's a lot of things we can do there.

What I do not think we have enough of is perimeter defenders with a high motor, that is good enough a shooter that you can play him 25 minutes a game. THT was the guy they pegged to be in that role, and paid him as such, but he seems to be a guy right now would best thrive as being a go to player on a bad team. Where he can develop. I like THT, but if the Lakers make a move in trade market, THT is the guy that can get them something they really need, which is a perimeter defender that can play the KCP role (Shooting threat on O, defender on D).

Lakers have Lebron stll showing he can close games at an elite level. Westbrook has shown he can take over 3rd Qs and change a game by himself. AD is still AD most of the time. Melo is a sniper off the bench/6th man. I'm not sure I trust Ariza or Nunn being that guy. What we need badly is to find a reliable core starter that can give you 3 point shooting and perimeter D throughout a game. This was KCP's role. THT makes near KCP money. I doubt we will be able to find someone easily like that, but that is where I would be looking at in the trade market. To run Vogel's system properly, you need perimeter defenders with a high motor on D.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What I do not think we have enough of is perimeter defenders with a high motor, that is good enough a shooter that you can play him 25 minutes a game.

That’s fine, as long as you remember that guys like that are the most coveted role players in the league. Caruso is a good example. If you just look at his stats, he looks like a vet min player, or maybe a little bit more. But he got a lot more than that, because he plays defense on the perimeter and is able to contribute on offense. He may be close to a zero on offense, but he isn’t negative. If you want someone who is actually a shooter, the price tag goes up. I don’t know whether THT would get you someone like that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

THT/WB for Simmons/Curry. 😏
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

Team needs a few athletic wings over 6'5" ideally 6'6" - 6'9". Need to have young legs and be essentially solid 3D players. There is a roster gap that is pronounced and impacting their defense. If you go small, you still need to rebound. Sending in the Rec League six foot and under league won't do it. They won last night through energy on defense but teams cannot sustain that. That is for young teams so the Lakers are going to struggle even more trying that.

I like THT and I feel he just hit a mini wall coming back from injury. However if you can trade him for the right wing, you have to consider it. Just not a 34 year old past his prime player.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject:

Like i said before and i will say it again: Jerami Grant

THT/Kent/DJ/Picks for Grant
Bring in Stanley from G League
Sign James Ennis/Cousins

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/AB/Reaves/Wayne
Jerami/Stanley/Ennis
LeBron/Melo/Ariza
AD/Dwight/Cousins

Stanley/Ennis would give us bigger wings to throw out at opponents.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

Sign James Ennis/Cousins

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/AB/Reaves/Wayne
Jerami/Stanley/Ennis
LeBron/Melo/Ariza
AD/Dwight/Cousins

Ah, now James Ennis and Stanley are the twin saviors.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Sign James Ennis/Cousins

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/AB/Reaves/Wayne
Jerami/Stanley/Ennis
LeBron/Melo/Ariza
AD/Dwight/Cousins

Ah, now James Ennis and Stanley are the twin saviors.

No but if there was a deal that moves out a few players in exchange for 1, those guys would be likely signings.

The bigger gripe is thinking Detroit would accept THT for Grant. If THT was still ballin like his first 2 games back, I could see some merit to it but he's looked like ass since then.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind Grant, but not sure given the young pieces that Detroit has gathered, if THT is the type of player they'd like. But Grant also makes no sense for them given where they are as a team right too.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

Sign James Ennis/Cousins

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/AB/Reaves/Wayne
Jerami/Stanley/Ennis
LeBron/Melo/Ariza
AD/Dwight/Cousins

You are sending around 14m and getting back 20m. It's not going to work

Even if it does we are adding 5m and it would cost more then 25m in luxury tax. I doubt we add that in salary
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I suggested that few pages back. U need to add green to make salary work

Ben can play center and it works for us cause Softie won't play center
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

This trade could be feasible if the Kings decide to blow it up:

Lakers get Buddy Hield and Damien Jones and Torrey Craig

Kings get Myles Turner and Jeremy Lamb

Pacers get THT / Marvin Bagley / Kendrick Nunn / DeAndre Jordan

You probably need to tweak it to make the math work

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

Overpay IG.

Btw, fwiw SAC fans hate Hield. He is a great shooter, but how much of an upgrade is he going to be over Ellington and Monk if Sacramento fans are sick of his play?

I don’t think THT is getting traded, but if he is…it better not be for Hield.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

Btw, fwiw SAC fans hate Hield. He is a great shooter, but how much of an upgrade is he going to be over Ellington and Monk if Sacramento fans are sick of his play?

Hield is more of a elite shooter while Ellington at this stage of his career is up and down in terms of making 3pt shots, Laker fans have been whining about the FO not doing the Kings trade when they had the chance and now we can end up having Hield + Westbrook, I would just love to see Westbrook throwing passes to Hield for the 3, it would be a lot better then giving it to our inconsistent shooters.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Maybe Pacers send Torrey Craig to the Lakers to sweeten the pot so giving up Nunn and THT would be less of a blow.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
What I do not think we have enough of is perimeter defenders with a high motor, that is good enough a shooter that you can play him 25 minutes a game.

That’s fine, as long as you remember that guys like that are the most coveted role players in the league. Caruso is a good example. If you just look at his stats, he looks like a vet min player, or maybe a little bit more. But he got a lot more than that, because he plays defense on the perimeter and is able to contribute on offense. He may be close to a zero on offense, but he isn’t negative. If you want someone who is actually a shooter, the price tag goes up. I don’t know whether THT would get you someone like that.

Considering Rob found guys like that in KCP and Caruso, I think he is capable. I agree it won't be easy. KCP is the one that I think we miss far more than Caruso. Caruso was an off the bench player coming in and playing some great energetic D and doing some intangibles that helped. But he's not a starter for us, nor does he automatically close with Westbrook here. KCP? He's the guy that was defending the 2s and 3s in the league and then expected to take the shots from outside. I feel we really need to get a KCP level player who can be relied on for 30 minutes a game. Could THT get you that? I don't know, but the window to win with Bron/WB/AD is very short. We have to go for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Or the Lakers can hope that Ariza, Nunn and even Reeves can return and make a difference on defensive pressure and TOs.

As much as I think Ariza is limited in his abilities to contribute all season, I am assuming the Lakers brought him in and expect more then I do.

We will see.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

Hield is more of a elite shooter while Ellington at this stage of his career is up and down in terms of making 3pt shots, Laker fans have been whining about the FO not doing the Kings trade when they had the chance and now we can end up having Hield + Westbrook, I would just love to see Westbrook throwing passes to Hield for the 3, it would be a lot better then giving it to our inconsistent shooters.

You have to factor in the 3PT % decrease that comes with playing in a Lakers uniform. Hield isn’t worth trading the only legitimate young asset you have left.

If it’s in a package for a Jerami Grant (much needed Wing), ok then maybe we see if the Pistons like THT.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Considering Rob found guys like that in KCP and Caruso, I think he is capable. I agree it won't be easy. KCP is the one that I think we miss far more than Caruso. Caruso was an off the bench player coming in and playing some great energetic D and doing some intangibles that helped. But he's not a starter for us, nor does he automatically close with Westbrook here. KCP? He's the guy that was defending the 2s and 3s in the league and then expected to take the shots from outside. I feel we really need to get a KCP level player who can be relied on for 30 minutes a game. Could THT get you that? I don't know, but the window to win with Bron/WB/AD is very short. We have to go for it.

The irony if we trade THT to get KCP back. But I agree this team really misses KCP (and AC too of course).
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

You have to factor in the 3PT % decrease that comes with playing in a Lakers uniform. Hield isn’t worth trading the only legitimate young asset you have left.

If it’s in a package for a Jerami Grant (much needed Wing), ok then maybe we see if the Pistons like THT.

I am ok trading tht but not for Grant or hield
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I would definitely be down for that. I would even be down for Simmons and Green.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Maybe Pacers send Torrey Craig to the Lakers to sweeten the pot so giving up Nunn and THT would be less of a blow.

roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I would definitely be down for that. I would even be down for Simmons and Green.

and Morey will be fired the next minute.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

Sign James Ennis/Cousins

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/AB/Reaves/Wayne
Jerami/Stanley/Ennis
LeBron/Melo/Ariza
AD/Dwight/Cousins

What picks?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

I am ok trading tht but not for Grant or hield

These are the kind of posts that can make you choke on coffee while you are drinking it I know you are probably being sarcastic but if not I have no words.. Hield or Grant are exactly the type of players you need when you are trying to go all in, THT is gonna be very good but that probably won’t right now especially with guards/forwards looking to get there share of minutes, if you have the chance to get a Impact player in a 2-year window to win a championship you do it, we might never be in this situation for 20+ years once LeBron hangs it up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7120, 7121, 7122 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7121 of 8560
Jump to: